4.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerising to watch
I bought this item to put on a side-unit in my front room. It is not too large, and so does the job nicely. A small tilt of the top of the outer ring is enough to start the whole thing moving. Both rings soon build up a swing, and the inner ring occasionally rotates really fast! Personally I find it quite interesting, if not mesmerising, to watch :-)

Why four...
Published on 6 Sep 2011 by jayaich

3.0 out of 5 stars Very plasticy and noisy and NOT a gyroscope
I misunderstood the purpose of this product to act like a gyroscope. It merely shakes forwards and backwards with some spinning inside and it's quite noisy and looks to be of a terrible plastic quality. There are other much better products in this company's line but this one seems to be the worst.

I wouldn't be so disappointed if the plastic quality was a bit...
Published on 11 April 2012 by Nikhil Verma

4.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerising to watch, 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: Zeon Kinetic Art Desktop Toy (Kitchen & Home)

Why four stars? Once set going it makes a slight 'clicking' noise as the outer ring balances on the two spindles (it is not held fast on the spindles, so can move a little bit). At times I would prefer it was quiet, but still moving. That's my only gripe otherwise it has 5 stars.

Overall a nice 'toy', interesting to watch but not so distracting that you can't do other things with it going on in the background.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very plasticy and noisy and NOT a gyroscope, 11 April 2012
Nikhil Verma (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zeon Kinetic Art Desktop Toy (Kitchen & Home)

I wouldn't be so disappointed if the plastic quality was a bit better but I guess the price justifies the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Zeon Kinetic Art Desktop Toy (Kitchen & Home)
This is a good item but a bit noisy so don't use it as much as i'd like but happy anyway.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but a bad idea., 7 May 2014
This review is from: Zeon Kinetic Art Desktop Toy (Kitchen & Home)
I love science. And I thought I'd love this... but it actually just sits on the side gathering dust whilst it waits for me to make a trip to the local charity shop. The build is OK - plastic base, chrome type sphere etc, but the noise - OMG, the noise! Clocks can be quite rythmically peacful, but this sounds like a grandfather clock that doesn't actually know how long a second should be between ticks. Competely random, and is akin to a hyperactive hamster running around in a ball and knocking into the occasional wall. It really annoys me. Maybe it's personal, but you can't leave this thing spinning for more than a minute before you want to hit it.

Delivery and price were reasonable, and that's why it's getting two stars and not one.

2.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP, 16 Feb 2014
A. Pugh "oley" (wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zeon Kinetic Art Desktop Toy (Kitchen & Home)
Made from cheap plastic. Mechanism catches and therefore you have to keep adjusting it to make it work. I suggest you pay more for a better quality product that works!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the picture, 17 April 2013
A. Dixon "Borderline Psychotic Codemonkey" (Astley, Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zeon Kinetic Art Desktop Toy (Kitchen & Home)
It looks good in the picture, but its mainly a very tacky plastic, looks and feels very cheap and tacky.

1.0 out of 5 stars $!& DON'T BUY IT, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Zeon Kinetic Art Desktop Toy (Kitchen & Home)
If I could I would rate this 0 stars but I can't. What I can do is warn you of the shoddy, disappointing and all-round awful product. If I were to buy this anywhere where I could see it first hand it would cost me near nothing. Do not buy this. You WILL regret it

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Zeon Kinetic Art Desktop Toy (Kitchen & Home)
mum brought this as thought grandchildren would enjoy it.they did but it was fragile but again thats just the way they are!

1.0 out of 5 stars kinetic art, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: Zeon Kinetic Art Desktop Toy (Kitchen & Home)
I read a review that said, not worth the money, shoddy etc. I thought this might just be sour grapes.
A friend of mine had one a few years ago and I thought it was mesmerising. So I ordered one. When you assemble the 2 plastics arms that support the rest, the bottom part of the magnet scraped the surface when it swung. I tried pulling the rest out of the holder and broke it, ( just to stop the scraping.)
So now I cannot send it back because that was my fault.
Never mind, I,ll glue it I thought. Then put a battery in and electro magnet would not work. I literally took it to bits to check the wiring inside. Couldn,t see anything that I could fix, and threw it in the bucket. Never again...

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Zeon Kinetic Art Desktop Toy (Kitchen & Home)
Bought it for my teenage son. All the kids and adults alike seem to like it. Excellent when you don't know what to give.

Zeon Kinetic Art Desktop Toy