5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buy!
Published on 21 Mar 2011 by Deb

I believe there is little purpose in writing this as the retailer is being removed, but just in case that isn't the case ....
There were two very similar products for sale, one 13 more expensive than the other. Upon closer inspection I realised that one had a battery operated pump and one was manual. I ordered the battery operated one.
A week or so past, the...
Published 5 months ago by Manfa-Jane

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buy!, 21 Mar 2011
This review is from: Little Tikes Anchors Away Pirate Ship Water Play (discontinued by manufacturer) (Toy)
After looking at several sand and water tables - decided to give the sand option a miss as thought it would be messy and I'd spend more time sweeping it off the decking and garden! Bought it for my little boy's 2nd birthday and he hasn't stopped playing with it even though its only March! It will be great when summer comes and he can play around it and not worry so much about getting wet. The price tag is hefty compared with other water play tables, but we have other Little Tikes branded products and they are durable and good quality. Quite easy to put together, although I didn't bother drilling the very long screws into the legs as per the instructions as it is sturdy enough and I want to be able to remove the legs easily when its time to pack it away for winter. The battery box is a bit flimsy- I struggled to get the batteries to stay in exactly the right postion to get the motor working - but once done it works fine! And I like the way the motor turns itself off after one minute so the batteries don't run out on the first day of play! Would definately recommend to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy of the year so far !!, 28 Jun 2012
C. Hamilton (UK) - See all my reviews
This pirate ship has already given hours of joy to my son and his friends who visit. We leave it outside and just remove the inner section - just lifts out ( as it contains the batteries) and all the little extras, ( shark, pirate men, boats etc ) I just pop them in a bag and store them until its a nice enough day to play with the ship again. All we need now is some sunshine !! ( the week we bought this we had it set up in the dining room ( due to the bad weather) , which was very messy with all the water and I even got the odd canon water sprayed at me on occasion, but it was too exciting to be kept in the box and worth every moment and although a bit on the pricey side, worth every penny, to see the pleasure this toy has brought !! Friends may need to be warned to bring an extra set of clothes when coming to play !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect water toy, 12 Sep 2011
Bought this for my 2 year old granddaughter who loves it - as do her friends. Only fault: the water cannon fixing broke on assembly but we were able to "fix" it using a straw. It's been in use all summer out in the garden.

4.0 out of 5 stars yo ho ho !, 3 Mar 2011
Fantastic pirate water table that both my boys love (3 & 5).
Water pump is great too. Table is sturdy and a good size.
The only thing missing is the sunshine.

Some small construction on arrival, but a great outdoor summer toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 29 Dec 2013
my kids love this,we have had a winty winter so far and its out there holding its own and not weathering. little tykes toys are so good. they last for years! delivered very quickly thankyou!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all ages, 21 Feb 2011
Mrs. C. H. Park (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
My 4 kids aged 3, 4, 6 and 9 have all been playing with the water table and have had a lot of fun with it. It appeals to all of them and me!

The perfect toy for summer!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent wrong item and had a nightmare sorting it out - retailer very unreasonable, 17 Mar 2014
A week or so past, the item arrived. It needed a drill to assemble it! and we began to play with it. I had my amazon reminder to review and double checked the spec as I was so underwhelmed with the item. It was then that I realised id been sent the manual pump version and so contacted amazon straight away who put me onto the retailer. They told me that they didn't have the other one in stock but that they'd refund me the difference!! it is my belief that they knew they didn't have the battery operated version and knowingly sent me the cheaper (very similar!) one in its place. They now want me to return it. I have asked if I can wait until the one I have now found and ordered from Argos arrives as my 22month old twin daughters will miss it and they have said no, as I will no longer be able to return it as I am accepting the goods by knowingly using them after identifying the issue!!! Talk about customer service!!! Very disappointed - don't buy from them because if you've an issue, it could be hard/ and or unpleasant to resolve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic toy, lots to do and lots of accessories ..., 5 July 2014
Brought this for my sons 4th birthday and he loves it. He plays with it all the tome with his big brother and his friends when they come over. Fantastic toy, lots to do and lots of accessories and very sturdy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun but very expensive, 23 May 2014
Great toy but as with so many little tikes toys difficult to put together, the front leg is wobbly and I struggle with the plug though my husband can do it. It is a great toy for imagination but becareful where you buy it, prices vary immensely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anchors Away, 11 May 2014
Excellent qualuty product. Easily assembled. Fantastic value for money. Our grandson loves splashing around in this water table, has loads of fun