5.0 out of 5 stars A filter ... Do you really need it ... Yes you do!
I have done a lot of trial and error experiments with other very well known brands of filters those claim reducing lime scale build up, in the end I have come to a conclusion ... the only way to see if the filter is working is to measure the the water hardness before you fill the tank and once it passed through the filter. You can do so using strips those are available to...
Published 6 months ago by Richard

3.0 out of 5 stars Only lasts for 50 litres!
I haven't been able to tell how much this improves the coffee or reduces limescale, however I am a bit cross that it says on the box that it needs changing after 50 litres!!! It doesn't say that in the description. It will be a lot of money to fork out after about every 8 weeks!!!
I haven't noticed that it improved the coffee flavour. This is also not a very green...
Published on 6 Jan 2012 by Dr. Douglas G. Corr

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for the price, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Delonghi SER3017 Water Filter for Delonghi Espresso and Bean to Cup Machines (Kitchen & Home)
It does what it says,the only reason I've given four stars is that it didn't last very long.About three or four weeks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great filter, 18 Feb 2013
Great little filter at a far better price than anywhere else, we have very soft water so des aping is rarely a problem so we run this longer than most people would if in London for example I would be changing much more regularly as scale build up could be a real problem for a coffee machine

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessary accessories, 4 Feb 2013
Mrs. A. J. Brown "Anthea" (E Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
Need these accessories to run the delonghi expresso bean to cup coffee machine. Efficient and successful. Pricey but they work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Water Filter, 28 Jan 2013
Mr. Mike Bailey "bontfaen" (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
I needed some filters for my Bean to Cup Delonghi coffee machine. These were competitively priced & arrived very quickly.

Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Coffee, 26 Dec 2012
Bought this to go with the same make filters, does what it says on the box and could not do without it

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 28 Nov 2012
came in good time ,works like a dream coffee tastes even better will definetly continue to use a filter with the machine

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 22 Nov 2012
Using the filter improves the taste of the coffee in a hard water area and gives a better crema. Easy to install.

2.0 out of 5 stars Effective, 21 Nov 2012
Does the job it is meant to do. Pricey compred to other similar items of this type. Have no choice as it fits my de longi machine

3.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected at all, 29 Jun 2013
Unfortunately this was completely the wrong product for me as was for a different model Delonghi coffee machine. It was therefore very hard to know how many stars to give as probably works perfectly in the right circumstances but completely useless to me! This is no fault of the actual product but I even rang Delonghi to check what the filter did as I wasn't sure if appropriate for my needs and they didn't ask me the model number so I assumed it was standard. I opened the packaging and tried to fit it before I realised so it was then to late to return. I don't think the description on Amazon made it clear enough but obviously this was my fault for not checking properly but I am writing this review so other people are more vigilant and don't make the same mistake!

3.0 out of 5 stars De Longhi water filter, 26 Aug 2012
B. Thorne (London, England) - See all my reviews
Everything was fine about the order and delivery, my only cavil is the price; I checked the cost of filters before buying the machine, and was led to believe they were much cheaper. Got that wrong! I use filtered water in the reservoir anyway, and left the last filter in for a lot longer than the recommended time without any noticeable ill effect. I would not have bought the filter version of the coffeemaker, but it was on offer at a very good price, and I have been very pleased with it.