5.0 out of 5 stars UNIVERSAL 72mm lens hood.
I ordered this lens hood for my Canon EOS 500D which is fitted with a with 72mm, 18-200mm Canon zoom lens, through Amazon.
Transaction and delivery was 100% efficient.Product was of excellent quality.
On fitting and testing that weekend, I found 120 out of 140 pictures I had taken at an important classic car event,
had vignetting in the corners. The...
Published on 24 April 2010 by Chas in.Lincs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Causes vignetting on Canon 15-85mm
Title says it all, not suitable for a Canon 15-85mm lens (causes black frame). I've returned it.
Also, it screws into place (not a bayonetting system)
Published 19 months ago by reno

5.0 out of 5 stars UNIVERSAL 72mm lens hood., 24 April 2010
This review is from: Maxsimafoto - 72mm petal Lens Hood, also fits onto 72mm filter, for Canon, Nikon, Tamron, Tokina, Sigma etc. (Electronics)
Transaction and delivery was 100% efficient.Product was of excellent quality.
had vignetting in the corners. The solution was to crop, which spoilt some pictures.
I then ordered a genuine Canon lens hood through Amazon, again excellent service, delivery and a quality product.
Having tested this on prompt receipt, I found it produced perfect results.
The petals on the Canon lens hood are of smaller dimensions and accordingly not intrusive.
Hence my caveat....Check any product is compatible ,scrutinise your pictures for problems, often,
at the time taken and with your specs on if worn..!!!.
My fault, admitted, and errors can prove costly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Causes vignetting on Canon 15-85mm, 10 May 2013
Also, it screws into place (not a bayonetting system)

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poorly designed hood, 8 April 2013
I don't usually write critical reports, but this for a photographer is useless unless you don't mind a dark ring round the edge of your photograph. It is well made and seems robust. It fitted very easily onto my 72mm lens. However if I had looked carefully at the photograph of the hood I would have seen the fixed plastic ring inside the hood. I measured the actual diameter which is around 65mm, much too small for a 72mm lens and as a result it covers the outer edge of any 72mm lens. Maxsima talk to some serious photographers about good lens hood design if you want to sell any. I have returned mine.