4.0 out of 5 stars scanpan CTX 28cm Saute pan with lid, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Scanpan CTX 28 cm Saute Pan with Lid (Kitchen & Home)
The quality is good, but! cannot use fry light or other spray product with this pan and instructions advise to wait until pan is heated up before adding oil. I find this problematic. However, I do like cooking with it and would invest in another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant after years of use, 27 Sep 2011
This review is from: Scanpan CTX 28 cm Saute Pan with Lid (Kitchen & Home)
I've had this pan at least six years and possibly a few more since time flies. Looks expensive, but how many non-stick pans really hold up their properties like this? The ceramic-titanium non-stick interior is hard and slick to this day, and the heat distribution is great from a multilayered base -- when you drop something in, it fries (if that's required), unlike lesser pans that lose their heat and simper. Before this I remember trying an expensive Hackman Matador which also had a ceramic non-stick coating: accidentally over-heated it once and that was that. But this one -- satisfying to cook with and much more forgiving. Scanpan deserve some real recognition for their excellent products. The hollow handle stays cool, and the lid is light despite the glass window, as it's made from thin, spun stainless steel; in fact the heavier center and light perimeter make it easy to handle, sort of self-levelling yet also easy to manipulate (it sounds like a minor point, but I really do notice how pleasnt it is). The exterior of the pan has held up well too, being brushed stainless steel. I should point out that I don't dishwash my better pans, and when possible I try to wash them while still luke warm and occasionally give them a grease wipe. I also have a CTX saucepan, equally delighted. Just a shame they aren't cheaper, but you get what you pay for, and I've gone through two or three mid-price Tefals in the same time, which lets face it never make the promised ten years and haven't been so pleasant to cook with -- and I suspect I've been eating teflon. At the time of writing, if you can get this pan for around a ton and a half you've done well, but may have to go a few tens more. If you're feeling flush or wish to give a great gift to someone who will appreciate it, go ahead, you or the recipient will covet this pan from the day it arrives.

Scanpan CTX 28 cm Saute Pan with Lid