4.0 out of 5 stars good quality bag
All in all a good quality bag as you would expect from Helly Hansen.

DURABILITY: The bag is made of a good strong material which does not easily rip or tear. It has good stitching where handles and straps connect to the main compartment. After a month of rigerous use; getting thrown about; covered in sea water; and going through several airport baggage handling...
Published on 29 April 2012 by bootneck-nick

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost...
Very good Bag - Size - Weight - Portability.....

Then the stitching around the over shoulder straps has broken after a bit more than a months use. The bag is in perfect condition other than that. Just poor, this really shouldn't happen...I've had bags that have lasted me years...

I would say this is because it has only been stitched at the ends...
Published 8 months ago by Dan

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 years of abuse, holds everything, would buy again and again, 21 Jan. 2015
I have owned this bag 3 years now and used it for extensive traveling as carry-on luggage - filled to capacity, like 20kg, week long sailing trips and daily use to send from work. It has only recently shown signs of wear with a few tears in it's outer layer. (more my fault for bashing it about)
The straps and webbing are still very secure and the stitching is bomb proof.

The shoulder straps are comfy and I use them often and the internal and external mesh pockets are great for putting pens and headphones within easy reach. I can fit a weeks sailing trip worth of clothing and books inside bar foul weather gear and don't think I'll need to upgrade to the 50L.

Probably my most used, longest lasting and most afordable bit of sailing kit. I think I can get another year out of it before any major tears and will definetly be replacing it with the same again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Helly Hansen Duffel Bag Review for Obstacle Course Racing and Gym, 16 Feb. 2015
I was looking forward to a wipe clean gym bag I could use for Obstacle course racing as well as day to day gym.

Pro's
Wipe clean outside
Sturdy construction - will see the final result after some months use.
The backpack straps you can hide in a central zip flap which has a velcro cover.
Interior is of a wipe free poly material

Cons
Size is small for what you pay, the bag is medium to small.
I get my toiletries, work clothes and a pair of shoes in the bag and a small towel with some gym paraphernalia.
Anything more and you will struggle especially if like me you do things like Tough Guy, Tough Mudder or Spartan races. If you want a change of clothes and something dry and warm on winters days then it will be a squeeze.
I would have preferred a roomier bag like the overboard 60l

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cracking Bag, 22 July 2013
The Wolf (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I recently purchased a 90 litre duffel bag from North Face which although
a very good piece of kit cost twice as much as this baby with very little
discernible difference in quality, so I bought this HH 90 litre bag for Mrs Wolf
(double-trouble in Greece this Summer!). It's bright orange with black trim
and logos. It will probably be the most visible piece of luggage when it rolls
onto the airport baggage conveyor next week! Mrs Wolf likes it very much.

It has one large compartment and an inner mesh zipped pocket for bits and bobs.
You can carry it by the two side straps which close together to form a handle or
by the rucksack-like shoulder straps which are padded and perfectly comfortable.

All-in-all a cracking bag.

Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars top quality, would recomend to anyone going on safari!, 10 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
I bought the bag to use whilst out in Kenya and Tanzania, didn't want a heavy bag to lug around with me all the time through various airports etc. this bag fit the bill perfectly, I could get my sleeping bag, camping mat, and all my clothes and essentials for 3 weeks camping in there, and still it was under the airline luggage allowance! the real bonus for me was the shoulder straps and general durability of the bag, will admit it got a bit of mistreatment whilst out there, chucked and dragged around, used as a headrest, left outside in a shower and generally left in the elements (dust muck etc) it came back with only 1 minor scuff on it! all in all. an excelet perchase and can recommend it for anyone going on safari! (also the colour was an added bonus when looking for me bag at airports!)

5.0 out of 5 stars This bag is a tardis..., 7 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
I bought this for my gym gear and Gi. Plenty of room for both. There are two mesh pockets inside that are suitable for storing a phone, earphones and other bits and pieces a woman may need.
Comfy to carry and the additional straps for turning it into a rucksack are a great idea. Fits in gym lockers on its end nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
I use this quite often, I have received compliments and enquires about it. It does the job and it does it well, I fit a lot of my stuff in it and the shoulder straps help me carry it comfortably. The straps don't look like they will break any time soon even after a lot of weight as been exerted on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A rugged and smart travel holdall, 22 July 2014
A smart, rugged and practical travel holdall. Has fully survived 2 Italian flights so far unscathed - a testament to the construction of the bag - other luggage on the same flights fared less well.... Good value when compared with North Face offerings. I prefer the additional nylon fabric reinforcement to the outer base of this product (better on luggage carousels and airport conveyor belts) and the fact that the shoulder straps hide away completely. Overall an excellent product, which when filled with clothing will give a good capacity for flights where you are allowed 20 kg or more - the bag itself is relatively light in weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent holdall, gallons of room., 1 May 2011
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
Fantastic, strong, well made, comfortable to carry even when full. I bought this especially for a recent trip abroad, and wasn't disappointed. Well made in really tough vinyl, this holdall will do just that, 'hold it all'. As some others have said, the bright orange colour really does stand out on the baggage carousel, but maybe a little too much. As on my recent trip, this bag was picked out for physical inspection 3 out of 4 flights! So keep a supply of luggage padlocks handy. Top bag though, would still buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge, good quality bag, 23 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
Good bag, but it is really huge. I took it on a 10 days sailing holiday in Italy, first of all i could not have filled it up even if i wanted to, secondly it was very very heavy to carry around with all the stuff in it.
I think the 70 ltrs bag would have been more than enough for me, this size would be more suitable for tough, XL sized men.
The quality of the bag is very good though and there are good smaller pockets inside.
I was missing waist straps, it would have been easier to carry the weight if it had those.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK as a gym bag., 31 Jan. 2015
It's cheap, fairly light and will keep your stuff dry in the rain. At this price it is the best gym bag and I could see me taking it on a weekend trip as cabin luggage.

On the flip-side: its make feels cheap and it could have used smarter design in terms of the pockets (few and too small) and the handles whose length can't be adjusted (thankfully I'm tall as they're pretty long).

There's far better out there, but probably not at this price, hence my 4-stars rating.

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›