4.0 out of 5 stars good quality bag
All in all a good quality bag as you would expect from Helly Hansen.

Published on 29 April 2012 by bootneck-nick

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost...
Very good Bag - Size - Weight - Portability.....

Then the stitching around the over shoulder straps has broken after a bit more than a months use. The bag is in perfect condition other than that. Just poor, this really shouldn't happen...I've had bags that have lasted me years...

I would say this is because it has only been stitched at the ends...
Published 11 months ago by Dan

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality bag, 29 April 2012
All in all a good quality bag as you would expect from Helly Hansen.

DURABILITY: The bag is made of a good strong material which does not easily rip or tear. It has good stitching where handles and straps connect to the main compartment. After a month of rigerous use; getting thrown about; covered in sea water; and going through several airport baggage handling systems, everything looks to be holding up well.
After a boat transfer in rough weather I can say this bag has a high degree of water resistancy, all my kit inside stayed dry even though the outside was sprayed with sea water.

SIZE: I travel usually for a couple of weeks or months at a time. This bag can easily accommodate enough clothes and other items to last me that long, with enough space for some duty free an the way back.

NEGATIVES: The only negative i can find so far is the hand carry straps are quite long, so when I carry it by hand it hangs too close to the ground. Pretty annoying so I find I use the shoulder straps more than I would usually. I'm 6ft so anyone under 5'8'' is probably going to be dragging it accross the floor if you decide not to use the shoulder straps.

POSITIVES: Good value for money. Seems durable so far, though one month isn't really enough time to say for sure. Looks good. Light weight. I'm happy so far!

If you want a good quality kit bag for a fair price, this is a good option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gym Bag, 23 Dec. 2010
This is a top gym bag. I've had a few over the years but nothing compared to my old HEAD bag from the late 1980's - that was a classic, until now. The Helly Hansen is a great quality bag. The shape fits perfectly into my gym locker and the zips / straps are really well placed. I especially like the fact that it can be worn over both shoulders (rucksack style). This allows me to carry it evenly distributed across my back, with a full load, without any back ache.

It's also a great looking bag and TARDIS-like in how much you can cram in. When I first saw it my impression was that it was on the small side, probably becuase it is black, however, it is remarkable how much I can get in. I wouldn't change this bag for one ten times the price - it's sylish, practical, well made and great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag and great price, 29 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
This bag is great. Very versatile...great size, water (more like splash) proof and can double up as a back pack and the whole thing seems very durable.
I would easily recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bag, 10 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Luggage)
I ordered the 90 litre version in red.
It's made from a lovely plasticised nylon with big handles and backpack straps which tuck into the top flap so they can be hidden away when not in use.
Mesh pocket (1x) on the inside and another mesh pocket on the inside of the lid.
Bottom is not rigid and is made from a black ballistic nylon.

Feels really durable and well made. A few loose threads on the top but nothing out of the ordinary.
The 90L version is pretty big and I think would easily accommodate a 1 week winter holiday or 2 week summer holiday. Good for a car or expedition too.

5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Helly Hansen Duffel Bag 90 Litre, 15 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
I prefer to do most of my travelling without a suitcase. I needed a large holdall to replace my old one after several years of use. I am familiar with the Helly Hansen brand when it comes to outdoor clothing, as a brand of quality, so when I saw the price of this bag I felt I had to give it a try. I was not disappointed. Like all the HH products I have bought in the past, this is also quality. Very heavy duty material, sturdily constructed. Excellent value imho.

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost..., 2 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
Very good Bag - Size - Weight - Portability.....

I would say this is because it has only been stitched at the ends whereas a lot of manufacturers stitch and then seal it by burning it or glueing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with purchase, 9 Jun. 2011
Extremely happy with this purchase. Exactly as described and delieverd on estimated date.

Would definitely recommend getting one. Perfect size for on-board luggage and seems to be extremely durable and waterproof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you want in one bag!, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
I was looking for a gym bag, that I could also use to go camping and such activities!

I was really confused with the 3 sizes 30L, 50L and 90L.. But i went for the 90L which is really spacious and nice looking!

If you're only looking for a gym bag, the 50L is more than enough.. But with the 90L bag you get a bag that you can take for camping or backpacking for a whole month, or just take to the gym because it isn't enormous!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most functional bag i own, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
Gym bag, travel bag, bag for the day. I ensure this bag gets its money’s worth.

Day to day it’s a gym bag where I usually try to over-stuff (not pack... stuff) it with kit, and the zips are still holding, it has helpful netting on the inside to hold locker tokens, iPod, headphones, keys etc.

For travelling, I can get two days’ worth of clothes, towel, wash stuff and sleeping bag into it. Which all fits.

When I take the bag out in the day I’m safe knowing that the stuff inside is protected from water and being bright white it stands out, took it to an amusement park as a shared bag, people couldn't understand why we had that bag, but it held everything easily and stood out so if someone wanted to "acquire" it would be an easy find.

Great bag, only fault is that none of the straps are detachable. Par that possibly the most functional bag I have bought so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 years of abuse, holds everything, would buy again and again, 21 Jan. 2015
I have owned this bag 3 years now and used it for extensive traveling as carry-on luggage - filled to capacity, like 20kg, week long sailing trips and daily use to send from work. It has only recently shown signs of wear with a few tears in it's outer layer. (more my fault for bashing it about)
The straps and webbing are still very secure and the stitching is bomb proof.

The shoulder straps are comfy and I use them often and the internal and external mesh pockets are great for putting pens and headphones within easy reach. I can fit a weeks sailing trip worth of clothing and books inside bar foul weather gear and don't think I'll need to upgrade to the 50L.

Probably my most used, longest lasting and most afordable bit of sailing kit. I think I can get another year out of it before any major tears and will definetly be replacing it with the same again.

Helly Hansen Duffel Bag - Spray Orange, 50 Litre