5.0 out of 5 stars Helmet Light
This product is a fine creation, it's easy to fit on your helmet, good value for money, white light front red to rear and gets you seen at night with flashing or just plain on at your highest point, this buys valuable seconds to being visible to others around you, one thing - when you talk to people face on remember to turn it off or you will blind them!
Published on 21 Nov. 2011 by Mad Mike

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor stitching
The light itself works fine, although I certainly wouldn't recommend it as a replacement head torch. The problem is that the strap which is designed to hold the light to the helmet is very poorly manufactured, and broke very quickly. My friend also bought one and had the same problem.

Nice idea though.
Published on 19 July 2012 by Jonny

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor stitching, 19 July 2012

Nice idea though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helmet Light, 21 Nov. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Product!, 24 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Topeak HeadLux Helmet Light (Sports)
Bought this for my husband who says he wants to be 'lit up like a Christmas tree' when cycling in the dark! As a cyclist and driver myself I realise how sensible this is. Many cyclists don't seem to bother about being seen or about their safety. This little light is unobtrusive on the helmet, fits securely and is very bright and effective. Is a fabulous addition to his existing 'Christmas Tree'! Will no doubt be getting one for myself in the near future. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Motorists do see you, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Topeak HeadLux Helmet Light (Sports)
I have had my bicycle lit up like a christmas tree but on occasions Motorists still could not see me because of traffic or other low level things obstructing their view. Being a Motorist as well as a keen cyclist I have noticed what lights do seem to be more noticeable to other road users. Because its fitted to your Helmet it points where your head is pointing, so if traffic is about to leave a side road and come into your path a quick look toward the vehicle usually alerts the driver of your presence. If you are sensible enough to wear a Helmet and you cycle at night I would say its a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Topeak HeadLux Helmet Light (Sports)
Mounts easily to my helmet (the velcro strap loops round one of the plastic 'bars' of the helmet). Good bright light with a couple of different settings. Not for illuminating the road, but good to let other drivers see you: and when I get home the constant torch setting allows me to open my bike shed, back door, etc because the torch is always pointing where I am looking. Gets through the batteries a bit, but that's fair enough given the brightness, and you can easily get cheap replacements.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helmet Light, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Topeak HeadLux Helmet Light (Sports)
Got this for Extra visibility when cycling at night. I had seen a few other cyclists with helmet lights and then looked in specialist suppliers.

These lights were cheap, easy to fit and unlike one of the other reviewers I have had no issues with the strap even thought I used them throughout the winter. The lights are bright and easy to see. I found that with the tilt on a helmet you either end up with the front light flashing at the sky or the back. It is not easy to balance these so they are level on my helmet. Don't expect these to illuminate your path. However for extra visibility for the safety conscious cyclist they really help. Battery lasted the winter (but I only commute).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great supplemental light, 11 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Topeak HeadLux Helmet Light (Sports)
Purchased for winter riding. has 3(?) different setting which is good, as I wish to be more visible from behind, i use the rear flashing setting more than other settings which use the front light. I have been using all winter (about an hour per day 3/4/5 times per week) and have not changed the batteries (note that I don't use the front and rear lights at the same settings often). I will change the batteries before next winter.

It fits easily to the helmet, however check the part of the helmet you will be fixing to, if this is flat then it will be fine, if it is angled the light will sit at an angle and therefore slightly lower down. I don't see this as much if an issue. I am concerned that when I am looking down slightly the light is obscured by the helmet as the 'tail' of the helmet rises up in relation, I try to look straight ahead and keep my head level, probably good posture anyway. Its quite small, but the lights seem bright, I can see the flashes on road signs quite a few meters away when the front light is on.

I would also consider a red light solely for the rear of the helmet next year, perhaps buying another set of front and rear, two on the handle bar, on rear of helmet and one seat post. but over all I am happy with this little gem.

4.0 out of 5 stars eye catcher, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Topeak HeadLux Helmet Light (Sports)
great wee helmet light. It lets other road users see you from a good distance.
The flash mode is great, the only down side is the front one gives in after about 30 minutes, but the back keeps flashing.
Not bad value for the price. It requires a couple of zip ties to secure it properly to your helmet though as the velcro strap supplied is a bit too flimsy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Topeak HeadLux Helmet Light (Sports)
The three light options are great. I feel safer with this light on my bike helmet. Great item. I recommended it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shall be seen with this on!!, 15 Sept. 2014
H. E. Lambourne "Oxford yellow" (oxford uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Topeak HeadLux Helmet Light (Sports)
Light looks neat and very secure on my Cycle helmet, lights are bright, I haven't had it long enough to say how long battery life is, I'll have it on flashing mode all the time so hopefully they'll last the time the makers say