5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
Published on 14 Dec 2006 by Steven Georgiou

3.0 out of 5 stars 'When love is gone' is gone!
***spoiler alert*** It's not the original film version of "When love is gone." Raymond Coulthard and Belle create a beautiful tension as we learn that their lives do not tend in the same direction which culminates in Belle's heartrending solo of this song. Where can I get the original?!
Published 8 months ago by munchkin25

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 14 Dec 2006
Possibly the best album of all time. Kermit has an especially fantastic voice, a cross between an early Cat Stevens and David Gray in his latest album, Life in Slow Motion. However, I think his rendition of One More Night till Christmas perhaps eclipses both these two great artists. I had heard rumours of a contract with Sony BMG and a solo career, but have no idea why it hasn't materialised. The song Love Is Gone is also an absolute classic, and brings tears to my eyes, especially the second version Track 18, which is perhaps the stand-out song of the entire album (which is saying a lot). Michael Caine also impressed me, and although not perhaps with quite the same talent as Kermit, or even Tiny Tim (whom reminds me of a young Aled Jones, and I believe has the potential to be a massive start when he is a bit older) he fits the role perfectly and I could listen to him sing all day. All in all, probably the greatest movie soundtrack of all time. How this didn't win an oscar I will never know. Buy it...

5.0 out of 5 stars True Christmas Spirit, 13 Feb 2009
J. S. Dean (Hertfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
As a family, we watch the film every year at Christmas. It's become part of the tradition. We all know the songs off by heart and it's nice to be able to listen to them on CD as well.
The CD includes the song "When love has gone" which was cut from the DVD version of the film for some reason. In fact there are two versions of it on the CD.
A great dose of Christmas cheer whenever you want it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album of all time?, 2 April 2011
How to begin with this, possibly the greatest album of all time? It goes without saying that you need to see the film to appreciate the nuances of the soundtrack, to be able to put voices to faces (both human and muppet), and to see the pure genius behind the tracks. Ideally, of course, you need to see the film on VHS before Disney cut the heart out of the film by slicing Belle and the young Ebeneezer's parting ("When Love is Gone") - a rare chance to hear Michael Caine sing, and a moment that brings true pathos (joke-taking aside) to the film. Without it the film does miss something...

But back to the soundtrack - if you're not able to/willing to sing along to the ensemble cast "Scrooge" then perhaps YOU need a trio of ghostly visitors this Christmas Eve... Kermit's "One More Sleep 'Til Christmas" is an instant classic, and is a refrain you will not be able to get out of your head over the whole Yule period.

Absolute class.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheese on a large platter!, 3 May 2010
S. Smith (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this CD as both my Husband and I love the film (it is our Xmas Eve tradition to match it in the evening whilst tucking into our Christmas chocolates). All the songs from the film are on it including the song Belle sings on the original video edit (when love has gone). Great accompaniment to the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun family entertainment, 18 Mar 2014
Mr. R. Gingell (UK) - See all my reviews
We first bought this on video. My children are now all grown up, but I thought it would be nice to watch this film again. My daughter was thrilled. It has been a long time since she had seen it, despite the moans from the rest of my adult family, oddly enough we all watched it and really enjoyed it. Hope new parents will introduce this to their children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jan 2014
If you know the movie then this CD is for you. Both myself and my children sing to this during the festive season.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant Christmas CD, 15 Jan 2014
Just what I needed to cheer myself up at Christmas. I did all my decorating with it playing and sang along in the car! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars 'When love is gone' is gone!, 2 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Wouldn't Be Christmas Without This Album, 27 Dec 2013
There is no need for any long winded explanations as to why you should buy this CD other than to say, if you love the movie then you'll absolutely love this album. I've owned this album since its release and Christmas wouldnt be the same without it. and it has shocked me how many retailers are actually playing it in their stores! A FESTIVE MUST HAVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 21 Dec 2013
I watch the muppet christmas carol every year and its always as good as the first time I saw it. This cd is brilliant. All the songs from the film. love it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›