5.0 out of 5 stars This one works well with the Ultra HD camcorder
I received this in exchange for an incompatible charger purchased from Macro Supplier.They were very apologetic about supplying me with an incompatible charger and offered immediately to exchange it for one that works with the Flip Ultra HD camera.This is the one they sent and it works extremely well charging the camera no problems at all.
All in all I am happy...
Published on 31 Dec 2009 by M. J. O'CONNOR

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable charger
Published on 22 Aug 2010 by Mojo

5.0 out of 5 stars This one works well with the Ultra HD camcorder, 31 Dec 2009
M. J. O'CONNOR (Paisley, Renfrewshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mains charger for Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra/ Ultra HD / Mino / Mino HD model - COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MODELS - NO PC REQUIRED - AAA Products - 12 Months Replacement Warranty (Electronics)
All in all I am happy despite the initial problems...these things happen :)
Macro Supplier were on the ball and were very courteous and quick to resolve my problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars No issues with this, just the flippin Flip, 23 April 2010
I know this device works fine because I use it to charge another USB gadget. However, my Flip Ultra HD doesn't like it all. It recognises that it's connected after a few seconds, charges for a few seconds, and then stops. I've tried other USB chargers with the Flip and they're all the same, the only way the Flip charges is connected directly to the computer which means having to take the computer out of sleep/hibernate mode, otherwise it stops charging then as well. From what I've read, some Flips can be temperamental like this whilst others work fine so I wouldn't discourage anyone from purchasing this for their Flip, just be prepared for possible disappointment. Flip really need to get their act together. Be advised also that this isn't an official Flip branded product - they do make their own mains charger but as far as I can tell it's only available in the USA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and go, 11 Feb 2010
L. Chalmers - See all my reviews
Love the flip camera, the only drawback is having to plug it into a usb port to charge it up, so if like me you rarely have a spare one this could be the answer for you too.
Because it has a no overchargeing cut out I can now just plug it in and leave it to do its job, it may be a little slower than useing the usb port but thats not a problem as far as I can see unless you need the camera in a hurry, at which point it may be a good idea to buy a spare battery, and lets be honest its easier to find a socket than a usb port if you are away from home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Flip Video Charger Review, 29 Jan 2010
M. VOYZEY (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Hi,
I have just received the Charger it simply plugs into the Mains supply and you plug your Flip Video Camera in by the USB Arm on the side of the camera it is as easy as that I am using a extension USB Lead from the Charger to the Camera I find that a better way to connect them the Charger arrived quickly and well packed I had communications with the Company before purchasing just to make sure it was the right one for the HD Model and I had a very quick and informative reply from them excellent service all around and it cuts charging times down from 6.5 hrs with the Computer down to about 3.5 hrs with the mains Charger.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable charger, 22 Aug 2010
To be honest I'm not sure whether the charger is faulty or whether the battery pack supplied with the Flip Video Ultra HD needs a serious redesign. Either way this charger is basically useless to me. I have only ever managed to charge the device once, after around 10 hours on charge. I constantly receive the warning "Check battery pack. Charging has been paused." when using this charger. The only way I can reliably charge the device seems to be via my laptop USB port. I wish Cisco would sort this out, as the Flip Video is a really good bit of kit other than the charging problems so many people encounter. I have tried all of the battery mod workarounds, and also the taking the battery out when plugged in to the USB port, then safely disconnecting the device and so on. If you want a reliable charger don't buy this. Wait until Cisco sort the whole issue out and then get a fully compatible one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor charger, 14 Aug 2010
I thought it would be a good idea to have a charger suitable for my flip camera that I could plug into the mains. However the one supplied is not giving the camera a steady charge, as the charging light is flicking on and off intermittently. When I really needed to recharge the camera for my sisters wedding day, I left it to charge for several hours and got less than 5 minutes recording time. I would not recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Flip Mino HD 3rd Generation, 22 July 2011
Bob (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
The charger is the high power 1000ma type which works well, no problem so far however trying to charge the Flip Mino HD 3rd Generation (the one where you can't remove the batteries.) I get the message" Low-power usb port, battery in use, not charging" according to info from the CISCO site this means that you only can charge the camera with a computer.
I am not sure but it looks as though the Mino is looking at the USB data leads pins 2&3 either through the Mino software on the PC or by a voltage on one or both of these leads.
A good charger but not for my Mino.

1.0 out of 5 stars It broke my Flip Mino !!, 25 Aug 2010
Simply don't get the charger! As soon as i plugged my Flip mino into it, It stopped working completely. Very angry at the moment, and waiting to see what Macro,supplier are going to do about it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 29 Mar 2011
This product does what it says on the box, however the service recieved from the supplier was excellent, ordered one day arrived the next, could not ask for more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 22 Nov 2010
Have been sent three units. None worked, one exploded knocking out the electrics in my house. The seller was prompt to respond to emails and give a refund. Ended up throwing the final attempt in the bin