1,945
Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£13.35+ £4.50 shipping

on 7 May 2009
We have 3 cats. The 10 year old cat has been shot with a pellet gun twice. After the second time, he lost a lot of weight and spent a year spraying in the house almost every day. It has been far from easy. I bought the feliway after eventually realising that he was not going to get better with lots of cuddles.

It's been about a month now and, despite having workers in doing general maintenance to the house and the general rough and tumble that 2 under 5s bring with them, the cat has both gained most of his lost weight AND stopped spraying in the house.

I scarcely believed it until we came home from an overnight stay to find a strange cat lounging outside my sons' bedroom door. All 3 of my cats were mooching around completely happily whereas usually there would be fur flying. Unbelievable!

This isn't a cure all. We also have a 10 year old cat that came to us as a feral kitten. She has never been able to tolerate men or children and only allows me to touch her. She is no different in that respect. Our older cat sneezed a lot about a week after we got the feliway and I don't know whether that was a coincidence or not but it passed after a couple of days.

If anything changes I will update this review. Otherwise you can assume that our cat, and consequently the rest of us, are happy and free of yucky spray smells!
11 comment| 284 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 November 2011
Mo our cat had been really stressed out since the arrival of a big stray cat on her patch. The local vet suggested Feliway. I was a bit sceptical but decided to try and you know what, it is really good. Plug it in and instant calm moggy. So good I purchased another, 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs. All we need now is one for humans.
22 comments| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2013
Has settled my two cats down a lot & the female has stopped over grooming her legs. Would recommend it if your cats get stressed
on 18 May 2012
I was recommend this product by a friend of mine as one of my cats had decided it was time to mark her territory all over my house. Having reached my wits end and getting extremely fed up of cleaning up cat wee several times a day I decided to give this a go. I plugged it in and had it on whilst I was at work and I am happy to report that since then we have had no more little accidents! Brilliant product and will be purchasing the refills.
on 19 October 2015
Short lived but great for my BSH Tom.
He'd been very stressed recently; scratching at the stairs, over grooming in one spot, hiding under rug if someone knocked at the door.
We placed this next to the cat stand / tower we had and turned it into a kind of safe zone where we don't allow guests to go.
After a couple of weeks, even with some decorators in the house, he started coming out of his shell a bit more. He retreated to the tower whenever he wasn't sure; but seemed to be comfortable there with the Feliway diffuser nearby. He stopped over grooming and he's not scratching at the carpet on the stairs.

The only downside is that this gets used up so fast.
That and, I suppose, they've got a newer model that evap's slower; but they've pulled it. So not sure if I should get refill for this or wait for the next one to come back.
People say the refills are cross compatible but they're not; they fit but the new stuff is more concentrated and evap's slower; so putting a new refill in an old diffuser would mean you'd get twice the potency; to almost no extra benefit, and half the life.

In case it helps, I've attached pictures of our Clyde totally chilled, some with his sister, Bonnie.
review image review image review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon 29 June 2011
After reading many of the glowing reviews for this product I decided to give it a try.

We got a two year old cat from my local Cats Protection and named her Angel. She is a sweet cat but because of having a rough start in life she came to us extremely nervous. She hid a lot of the time and the tiniest noise would have her running for cover. To give you an idea of just how scared she was, the Cats Protection were only willing to let us have her, because we had no children and that we agreed she was to be kept as a housecat. She will never be allowed outside.

After a month she was coming round, but very, very slowly. It will be a long road with her - but she was going the right direction, and we were slowing gaining her trust. However, after hearing about Feliway, my hubby and I decided that the plug in could be just the answer. We hoped that it would speed Angel's progress up....

NOT THE CASE.

Her behaviour did completely change, but unfortunately not for the better. She began acting as if there was another cat in the house and any progress we had made with her was lost. At first we thought she was having an off day, but on the second day of use she wouldn't let me near her. We unplugged the diffuser immediately.

Within three hours Angel was returning to normal - yes her timid self, but thankfully she regained the confidence she had lost, and came and sat on my lap.

Obviously this product does work for some people. If it didn't, vets wouldn't recommend it. However, just be aware it's not for every cat. It not only didn't improve my cat's behaviour, it had a detrimental effect on it.

Give it a try by all means, but I would use with caution.

Also, please note, the manufacturers say this is odourless. This is NOT the case. I found it quite strong and a little offensive, being able to smell it upstairs when it was plugged in downstairs.

Hope this helps...
1111 comments| 190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2011
I already have a 2yr old cat and had just got a kitten and she was not best pleased. Unfortunately I had no choice but to keep them in the same room, making the process that bit more difficult.

The older cat was quite happy to have the kitten around EXCEPT when he tried to go anywhere near her, then she just growled and growled. He was a well behaved kitten and did not push her too far but was still very keen to find out who and what she was.

My sister worked at a veterinary shop and I knew of this product before so I had ordered it in advance but it took longer than I expected to come. Once it did arrive tho it worked well. The cats grew happier and eventually where sharing a hammock in their cat tree!

The BAD POINTS about this product are that it did not last anywhere near a month, it was done in about a fortnight which was very disappointing. Also it took so long to come.

Nonetheless, overall I am very glad I purchased this product (I've only had it for dogs before) and can vouch for its success in bringing my two kitties together.
After a recent break-in one of my two cats started acting a bit schizt and developed behavioural problem - no doubt due to stress. He started constantly meowing and prowling around, back and forth, like a caged bear sent crazy in a Chinese or Eastern European zoo.

He also started defecating on the floor around the house which, as well as being gross, was pretty embarrassing when I had friends round. This is called 'middening' and is a sign your cat is uneasy in its home. Basically the break-in and the intruder had left him stressed and he was displaying all the classic symptoms.

Seeing my moggy upset, was upsetting for me too, so I called a friend of mine who is a vet and she told me about this stuff, Feliway's Calming Diffuser, and I have to say it's worked a treat. It's a bit like Prozac for cats and releases calming kitty-cat pheromones into the air helping your feline to chill.

Ike stopped pooing around the house almost immediately and the prowling stopped a few days later - he still meows at me quite a but, but a lot less than he did even before the break-in; and he's a Bengal so they're a very vocal bread anyway.

All in all, both of us are very happy with the affect its had on our household. It seems to have calmed him right down. Not only that, I have been able to get a decent nights sleep for once too.

A good nights sleep is something I've not been able to enjoy since I got my two cats as both of them have always slept slap-bang in the middle of my bed making it hard for me to move about and get comfy. But since the introduction of the diffuser they've only slept on my bed once or twice - I'm guessing this is because they now prefer to sleep in the living room where the Feliway is.

The diffuser itself works like one of those Airwick Plug-in air freshener devices and simply slots into your wall plug. The design is perhaps a bit unsightly, and its bigger and bulkier than a plug-in air freshener but it isn't too bad. They could have made the grill white thought rather than the horrid kind of sepia brown which they chose - this gives it a kind of old, brittle look. The refills simply screw in the bottom and last about 4 weeks. However, they're not cheap and this is why I'm knocking off a star.

I feel that the Feliway Diffuser is a great product that works well, but it is extortionately priced. The cheapest I have been able to find it is around 13 quid (that includes delivery) if I buy them in bulk from a place called Animed, here on Amazon. I find it makes sense to order these 3 or 4 at a time otherwise you risk defaulting on your mortgage and not having a house to plug them in to. I bought it from Animed here on Amazon and the my refills were waiting for me at work the next day.
on 17 August 2013
One of my cats suddenly turned very agressive towards the other cats especially the timid one. There was no reason for this as they had all got on together for years. Feliway worked a treat. I only used two bottles in the diffuser and now we have harmony back. Well cheaper than pet or vet stores
on 28 May 2016
A couple of years ago we went away on holiday putting the cat in her usual cattery for her mini holiday, she had been there loads of times before and always enjoyed it. This time we were told that she wasn't happy and managed to scare one of the more timid members of staff.

We didn't really think anything of it until a few weeks later she started to over groom herself, within a few days she had a bold flank, so off to the vet who ran some tests and found nothing wrong so suggested that maybe something had changed and she was stressed. The only thing we could think of was the recent stay at the cattery.

The vet suggested some feliway, so we looked and our jaws almost dropped at the price in the vet, a quick check on Amazon and the price was half the amount! So we purchased 2 and set them up both downstairs and upstairs.

Within a day there was a noticeable difference in the cat, she was friendly anyway but as most female cats this was always on her terms only! But this stuff made her so much more placid and friendly, she started rolling around and lying on her back again demanding her belly be rubbed and the grooming pretty much stopped, but her hair loss was so great that it only came back as a small amount of very fine hair.

Each Feliway ran for about 1 month but as she spent most of her time upstairs we only replaced the one unit every time it ran out.

I always thought it was hype seeing the ads for it, but yes it does actually work.