on 16 June 2010
I fell in love with the theme for this tv series and purchased the CD as soon as I was aware of its existence. It's become one of my favorite film scores, and now I want to hear more of Mr Sim's music. The compositional approach seems to be one of a theme and variations, scored for a chamber orchestra, featuring lots of piano and harp. It's evocative of the early 19th century and quite beautiful.
on 14 August 2010
As the previous reviewer I bought this CD as soon as I realised it could be purchased! The compositions are beautiful, light, dark, playful, melodic. They make the BBC series even better to watch. My only gripe is that some of my favourite pieces are not long enough but that is it. Highly recommended.
on 31 July 2010
watched Emma on the bbc and loved it! im getting married on august 23, and im using one of the songs to walk down the isle! cant wait! so glad they made the sountrack!