5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 22 Dec 2010
The Capacity (England/Gods country.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tommy Igoe: Great Hands For A Lifetime [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD by Tommy is top notch, whilst the rudiments are not as technical as some of the pipe band or American rudimental stuff I have learnt it is still worth every penny. This along with Jojo Mayers DVD is all you'll ever need in my opinion with regards to technique and application to rudiments (for drum kit/set anyway)

5.0 out of 5 stars I drum with no pain thanks to this DVD, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: Tommy Igoe: Great Hands For A Lifetime [DVD] (DVD)
When I found this DVD I was at a scary point with my drumming. I had pains in my wrists and thought I might have to give up playing (seeing as drumming is my source of income this was not a nice thought) Since getting the DVD I never have pains. I haven't changed my technique just make sure I spend long enough using his warm up. I also use the warm up techniques with my students and they seem to appreciate the importance of a good warm up after my scare story's

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect insight towards making rudiments fun., 27 Aug 2011
This review is from: Tommy Igoe: Great Hands For A Lifetime [DVD] (DVD)
Tommy Igoe has put this 4hr dvd together based on his wealth of experience as an educator in the art drumming. He's brilliant! His relaxed approach and humour towards the topic of rudiments is filled with original ideas thus, making this somewhat 'taboo subject' a really enjoyable experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent learning DVD, 6 Jun 2011
P. Fox (North Wales, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tommy Igoe: Great Hands For A Lifetime [DVD] (DVD)
Tommy Igoe is the best. Easy to understand and very practicle. I've amassed a number of these learnig DVDs and I keep going back to Tommy because of the mixture of visual instruction and notational help. If you are just starting or just started then this DVD and his other DVDs(groove essentials 1 & 2)are I think the only DVDs you need to get started and to realy progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars comprehensive but simple, complete within its scope, 30 April 2014
Fotis D. Tirokomos "Fotis D." (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tommy Igoe: Great Hands For A Lifetime [DVD] (DVD)
This is definately recommended for every drummer that wants to build an enjoyable and effective routine for hand warmup.

For me, this dvd achieves all of its aspects since it tells you what, explains you how and why.

The presentation is rich and clear, including the mp3s and the pdf.

Most importantly, this is not just "a good to have" material, it is a genuine joy to exercise and practice.

I think that it maybe not of great use for those professional, accomplished drummers, capable of exercising rudiments with ease, grace and accuracy throughout a great range of speeds, reaching e.g. > 180 bpm at quarter notes.
Those ones are definately to have long adopted their own warmup exercise routine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice Conquers Drumland, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tommy Igoe: Great Hands For A Lifetime [DVD] (DVD)
A must have DVD for drummers who want to get it right the first time.

Tommy's DVD goes well with Jojo's Secret Weapons For The Modern Drummer. Tommy's 57 page eBook is just fantastic.

This DVD nails the basics for all future drumming. Well worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 14 Jun 2013
Mr. C. A. Ellis "On the Fence" (Up North/UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tommy Igoe: Great Hands For A Lifetime [DVD] (DVD)
What can you say about Tommy....? The guy is ace! Awesome player, great teacher and funny with it so it makes it all the more enjoyable to watch/work to.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best guide to hand technique I know, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: Tommy Igoe: Great Hands For A Lifetime [DVD] (DVD)
Well, it's this or Jojo, isn't it? The Jojo option is best for the advanced drummer who wants or needs to get deeper and deeper into the possibilities of what can be done with a pair of hands and a couple of drum sticks. There's lots of jargon and slow-mo shots of the sticks flying out of Jojo's hands like Majick Johnson's basketball.

Tommy, on the other hand (yes!) is going to cut through the fog and show us all a practical approach to hand technique that can be followed by those of us taking their first steps in the world of drumming as well as those advanced players among us who just want to make sure they keep their hands working efficiently and healthily.

The Great Hands curriculum works towards the development of a rudimental warm-up routine. There are three, Basic, Intermediate and Advanced. Tommy is great at explaining his approach to learning the basic rebound and accent strokes and explains each rudiment very clearly. We also get to see him working out with his students.

I use this DVD with all my students and highly recommend it to anyone who wants a no-nonsense guide to hand technique.

Once you get this down, get the Jojo one and freak yourself out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i needed, 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: Tommy Igoe: Great Hands For A Lifetime [DVD] (DVD)
This product is a most for drummers who want to develop there hand technique or just starting to lear to play the drums. Thans, for a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drumming, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Tommy Igoe: Great Hands For A Lifetime [DVD] (DVD)
I was advised to buy this DVD from my drum tutor, I enjoyed watching and playing along with Tommy and his friends, I would recommend this to anyone starting drumming, the DVD helps with technique and timing. Plus lots more.

Tommy Igoe: Great Hands For A Lifetime [DVD]