Style Name: N300 + Megabit Port|Change

on 4 November 2011
For several months I have tried all sorts of things to stop my 6 year old Linksys modem from dropping out 2 or 3 times each evening, including many conversations on the TalkTalk user forum. I would have moved to Cable but am locked into a 3 year contract. So I decided I would just see if replacing the modem reduces the drop-outs. It cost me £39 and I have not had a drop-out for a month. What I think happens is that as internet speeds increase, older modems are unable to handle the faster bandwidth on noisy telephone lines.

In other respects the modem was easy to set up (on XP), looks good (I like all the lights being on the front), replaces a modem and a router, and is a good (small) size, works well with wifi all over the house. Really pleased with it.
on 12 October 2012
I bought this to replace an old router that continually required restarting - sometimes four or five times a day. So far (18 months) this one has been almost totally reliable, and has only needed restarting two or three times. The signal appears to be strong and constant. A good-value product.
on 19 January 2013
For a person who is not desperately well up on computer/electrical equipment, this was so easy to set up. I have had no problems with it whatsoever and am more than pleased that I can now use my new laptop anywhere in the house, along with the PC in the study.
on 21 July 2011
I bought this after reviews by others and I am more than pleased that I did.

Easy to install.. the interface within the browser makes it a breeze, if you need to forward ports within the router that is a piece of cake too!

All in all the Router is simplicity itself to manage, no line drop-out at all since installation either, well worth the purchase and highly recommended for trouble-free installation and performance!
on 11 June 2012
Arrived promptly. Easy to install - just make sure you have ALL the necessary information for connecting to your ISP to hand, and don't forget to change the admin password. One small problem - the wizard that comes on the CD with it is not fully compatible with the router, so I had to manually configure it with my ISP settings, but that was easy. All in all a good little router - does what it says - gives good stable internet connection and good stable wireless connectivity.
on 25 October 2011
Purchased because my old router would drop the broadband connection at least once a day. Initial setup of the TP_Link was a bit tricky (partly my own fault for getting the ISP password wrong) but after a factory reset it became straightforward.
After several weeks of use I'm convinced this router is a real improvement - the connection has been rock solid and hasn't dropped once. Wifi coverage on a mixed 802.11g/n network is good (although the n speed isn't amazingly faster than the g - but both are very adequate). Best of all, and totally unexpectedly, the ISP's line speed has increased by around 20% - their ADSL equipment must like this router!
on 31 October 2013
Very easy to set up using the cd setup also provided are as all cables, splitter.
It has a default configurations in "easy setup" for many of the internet service providers.
Modem router connected to the internet immediately when user name and password were supplied. All WIFI devices connected to the router when supplied with the appropriate security password.

No noticeable improvement in wifi connectivity router but we can only get a 6mb connection at best on our line.
We have been running the modem for a couple of weeks but, as yet, no problems.

All in all, very pleased.
on 8 July 2012
Ordered on a Sunday arrived on the following Wednesday. SMASHING.
Came complete with all cables needed to connect to my system. SUPER
Within 5 minutes of unpacking I was connected to the internet. GREAT

Simple to order via Amazon, Free delivery, quick service, good price, shear simplicity to set up using the enclosed CD. What more could you ask for!!!

Just hope it passes the test of time.

Would recommend this item to anybody.
on 16 November 2011
I got this to replace a ZOOM X6 router which was dropping out and struggling with my new IDNet ADSL2 connection. I am some distance from the exchange, so I wanted a router that would best cope with this, and the TPLink has done the job.

I didn't use the CD setup, but went via the web interface. Be sure to set your networking for auto IP/DNS beforehand, and plug everything in. Fire up the web browser and type [...]. User:admin, pass:admin (you can - and should - change this later)

Just entering my ISP username/password got me online straight away. With default settings I got 1700Mbit, and after going through the web interface and tweaking, I now get rock-solid 2080Mbit.

It has a long droplist of popular ISPs (though IDNet wasn't on it) which presumably would preset a bunch of settings once selected.

There are a huge number of options in the web interface, and they are reasonably commented on the web setup pages. The wireless security setup is particularly easy. The full PDF manual is downloadable via the TPLink website.

Since switch-on there have been zero dropouts with the TPLink. The ZOOM X6 on the same settings was dropping the connection multiple times a day.

So very pleased with the purchase, and I have ordered another one for my flakey Spanish ISP connection too, as it has a similar 55db attenuation.

Wireless signal is strong and reliable. Recommended.
on 9 April 2012
Great router for the price with a solid build. I bought this together with the TP-Link TL-WN822N usb adapter for a friend who could not get a wifi signal to an out-house. With the TP-Link combination that range problem is sorted. I configured it for a BT connection which went smoothly since the router itself had a drop-down for BT settings. However, on a BT Business Broadband connection with a username B123456@hg43.btclick.com I did need a password (I have seen other reviews online from people saying they didn't need a password). I could not see the password on the old router but I was able to get it after phoning BT. With the password in place everything came up lovely.