Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 30 April 2013
Another damn good read by Andy McNabb and the second in the Nick Stone series. I have read others out of chronological order which is possible but they are better read in order as the main characters develope.
on 20 January 2013
Indeed as I have found with Andy Mc Nab's other books they are usually a little slow for for the first 20-30 pages and then they take off and keep accelerating till the end. Highly original but then I guess this guy knows his subject inside out and doesn't need to research too much as he has been there and done it.
A highly enjoyable read if you can spare the time as once into it you will not want to put it down.

I can't write too much more as I want to get back to my current one of his books
on 5 February 2015
Eventually got round to reading these from beginning of series.... later ones make much more sense now.
Thrilling read, gripped from start to finish.
As always attention to detail and factual correctness make this more like fictional non-fiction (or is it non-fictional fiction?)
on 13 December 1999
I have been a McNab fan since his very first book and have read every one several times over. I have just finished Crisis Four for the third time and I've only had it for a fortnight. The story is his most gripping yet and the attention to detail is outstanding, so good in fact that it makes you wonder whether the events are real or close to real. Whoever it was that said they anticipated the ending is either a great author or a great liar. I read books like this all the time and did not figure out what Sarah was up to, (don't want to ruin it for those who have not read it yet). McNab gets better with every book he write. I can't wait for the next Nick Stone installment. Keep writing Andy!
on 22 November 2013
Probably my favourite Nick Stone Book so far, although, I haven't read a disappointing one yet. Lots of action and twists and turns but all believable. I found it so well written i could imagine I'd been there with him because the scenes are described so well.
on 22 October 2013
I'm a big fan of the Nick Stone books and, having started with some of the later ones, decided to start again at the beginning. Crisis Four, the second in the series, is bang on form. Mcnab combines an intriguing plot with details about life in the military/secret service to hold ypur attention and I finished this in record time. Granted it's not the deepest of novels, but I still felt disappointed when it was over.
on 2 December 1999
The copy of Crisis Four I'd ordered for my husband's Christmas stocking arrived yesterday morning, and I thought I'd just have a quick read of the first page to see what all the fuss was about (my husband's been a real McNab fan since his very first book). I was hooked! Well, I couldn't stop reading, and nearly missed the afternoon school run I was so engrossed! Finally finished it last night (in the loo, so my husband didn't see it!). All I can say is, Andy McNab, you're the best!!! I know my husband said your books were brilliant, but I had no idea. I thought they were just blood and guts, but this book had everything - gripping central relationship, lovely attention to detail when scene-setting, the lot. I can't recommend it enough.
on 15 February 2000
After two autobiographical literary outings, Andy McNab ventured in to very different world of fiction with Remote Control. A story so believable you wonder whether the author was actually there. With Crisis Four he's done it again. The plot would be difficult to believe if it where composed by anyone other than McNab. Crisis Four is fiction mixed with fact, so cleverly written you find yourself shouting advice at the pages, angry and even upset when Nick Stone, the British freelance agent on deniable operations, doesn't heed your warnings. The author carries you through the first three-quarters of the novel, then in the last few chapters, he allows you to read between the lines and "catch on" before he does. This is an excellent book, please let there be more to come.
on 14 February 2000
I read both of McNab's non-fiction pieces and was really impressed. A lot of authors today simply gloss over small details such as what characters were doing, wearing or even how they smelled. McNab includes these subtle details which all add to create an unbearable suspense and rip-roaring action throughout.
I read this book before reading Remote Control, and thanks to the flashbacks given through the stroy, it is easy to get in on the action. I didn't believe non-fiction authors could write good fiction, but it seems I am wrong in this case. McNab has been there before, and so has first hand knowledge of what goes on, making the story seem as though it really happened.
If you liked any of his previous books, read this. If you haven't, still read this.
on 3 September 2012
although mcnabs books contain vignettes that provide real world physical sensations experienced in operations along with some satisfying levels of detail many of them are lifted verbatim from other books. page 144 of brute force - page 448 of crisis four is just one example of many. i mean come on fella!! you've got enough money to pay a different ghost writer by now.. copy and paste stuff is littered though his novels. different scenarios same detail. like the old spaghetti westerns - same plot - different horses.. mcnab writes in the 'first person' making the experience more vivid than chris ryans novels - yet scenarios are repeated in several of his books to an extent that has the reader wondering if you've read the same book twice.

ok to read but stick to the non-fiction to avoid too much repetition.. there's only so much that can be wrung out of fictional characters and plots without stumbling over old material. it might not be quite so bad if the scenarios weren't copied word for word.. there is some repetition in his non-fiction work (which sometimes cant be avoided) but again its too 'word for word in places.'

the non-fiction titles - immediate action, seven troop provide excellent army 'banter' which anyone who's been in the services or team sports will appreciate. mcnab is a very perceptive writer in this regard.