5.0 out of 5 stars A sad tale
Having been a Nolan fan as a girl I was interested to read Anne's story. I couldn't put this down and found it's contents quite shocking - it just goes to prove you never no what goes on behind scenes. I felt quite sad that she was never able to get this in the open as a young girl. Good luck to Anne in the future.
Published on 19 Oct 2008 by Period drama lover

2.0 out of 5 stars anne nolan annes song
Wasnt keen on this book couldnt get into it,not like other nolan girls books ,bought it cheap,but wouldnt pay full price for it
Published 2 months ago by Deb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A sad tale, 19 Oct 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Distressing at times, 3 April 2008
M. Russell (Whitacre Heath, Warwickshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anne's Song (Hardcover)
I bought the book in Ireland on Friday 28th March, had it read by the time I got home to England Sunday 30th. I found it rivetting but also very disturbing in places. Anne has bared her soul about what her father put her through, very brave lady indeed. The book is Anne's story which the first reviewer needs to realise, it centres on what happened to her as a young child and how it shaped her life. If you want pictures I suggest you buy a newspaper or magazine, the book is what it is.

I would recommend it, although as a Nolans fan growing up, and having had the great pleasure of meeting both Anne and Maureen, it makes you realise that what we see on the outside is not always the truth.

Good luck Anne

4.0 out of 5 stars A sad tale, 24 Aug 2008
This review is from: Anne's Song (Hardcover)
Anne's upbringing was not unlike my own inasmuch as it was a strict religious childhood. I feel desperately sorry that she felt unable to unburden herself as a youngster but would she have been believed anyway? ( Many Catholic families felt that anything could happen behind closed doors but if you turned up at the altar rails on Sunday all was well) I can understand some of her sibling's reluctance to have this story aired but Anne's welfare is paramount and I hope she can now move on and enjoy her life. Good luck to you Anne.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for you, Anne., 16 Jun 2008
Ann Isherwood "annisherwood" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anne's Song (Paperback)
This is a rather sad story about a great group of singers. Well written and moves on fast. Anne has great courage to write the book. She suffered at the hands of her father and kept her secret. She was very close to her sisters, perhaps if she had shared her secret earlier in life, it may not have been as hard. We all do what we think best at the time. This is a really good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars anne's song, 18 Sep 2009
Mr. P. P. Rothery (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anne's Song (Hardcover)
honest and moving,i couldn't put it down
good luck for the future anne x

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne's Song, 27 Sep 2009
This review is from: Anne's Song (Paperback)
A very disturbing book. Poor Anne had her life ruined through her Dad's dispicable behavour. Could not put this book down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Anne Nolan's Powerful and Moving Autobiography, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: Anne's Song (Paperback)
Like thousands of other people I had watched Anne performing with her sisters on TV for years without having any incline concerning the pain that she was concealing from the world . In this book she opens her heart and she has a powerful life experience to convey to us .I must admit that I found this book to be much more graphic and harrowing in it's depiction of the episodes of abuse that she suffered than I had expected .

Anne is to be commended for the courage that she has shown in exposing her abuse . Although the tragic theme of sexual abuse is prominent throughout, there are also moments of tenderness , romance and humour threaded within the (290) pages of the story of Anne's life story as she tells us about her relationships and shared experiences with her mother, her favourite aunt , her husband , her daughters and of course her sisters.

One thing that I found poignant when reading this book was the fact that it was written when Bernie was still living ; so when Bernie is mentioned it makes one think about her recent passing . Anne comes across as being a down-to-earth and unpretentious person and one of the things that lends integrity to this account is the fact that she doesn't seek to portray herself as having been whiter than white on some occasions (please note I am not referring to the times when her father abused her! ).She is also honest enough to question some of her own decisions during certain situations when she feels that this is called for .

Anne has shown herself to be a very brave ,resourceful and determined lady who deserves our respect .

4.0 out of 5 stars Annes song, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Anne's Song (Kindle Edition)
I thought
Anne was very brave to be so honest, considering her account of family life may have upset other family members. also I was confused and angry that Anne and her husband allowed their daughter to be left with her parents, knowing what her father was capable of. Still a difficult life to lead who am I to criticize. Hope you are happy now Anne.
I have recommended this book to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputtdownable!, 11 May 2010
M. V. Bridge "Book lover" (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anne's Song (Paperback)
A very gripping read. Anne has spared no punches in telling it like it was. This must have been painful to write in parts but Anne has been truthful and obviously needed to put down on paper the ups and downs of her own family life from childhood through the exciting years of the Nolan Sisters up to her situation and feelings in the present day. She has been honest and thorough with how her road through life has affected her and her family including the painful times, the tears, the joys and the happiness along the way and dispels the myth that everything is easy and comes up roses for celebrities. Well written and once started I couldn't put it down until I had completed the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne's Song, 22 April 2010
Mrs. S. Berry - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anne's Song (Paperback)
It only took me two day's to read this book I could not put it down

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›