Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 12 March 2014
Another excellent read in the Jack Reacher series.

Found the story line really good and didn't work it out before hand which can happen in some stories.

I am enjoying them so much planning on reading them all!
on 27 December 2013
I have read most of the Jack Reacher books and normally can`t put them down but this was a long drawn out book and only warmed up at the end.
The first half of the book went on far too long and I very nearly put it down without completing it but you can`t please everybody.
I will not be recommending the book to anybody as I normally do with the reacher books.
on 1 April 2013
I've given this book a rating of 5 stars as it was book that I couldn't put down, a real page turner.
What I really liked was the twists in the book, keeps you tuned in and want to know what happens next.
I would certainly recommend this book to those who enjoy reading mysteries / thrillers.
on 28 May 2014
And not a lot of fire.

An OK read but a long way off the best "Reacher" I've read.

I liked the general construct, but it was rather obvious (even given the formulaic approach LC has applied to the series).

That said the Reacher series is does whatnot is meant to and I've always left one wanting to read another.

If you are new to Reacher I suggest you start elsewhere...you'll be reading this later for completeness;)
M
on 15 February 2013
A little disappointing, not as compulsive reading as some of his other books. still a good read but perhaps a little slower than usual. Having said that, he is, in my mind, a top crime and thriller writer.
on 22 March 2013
In this typically fast moving thriller, the reader is kept guessing as to what the real truth is almost to the very end. Reacher once again takes the role of a knight in shining armour to rescue a lady in distress.
on 10 April 2013
Though not the best Jack Reacher story I've so far read, one of its strengths was the atmosphere Lee Child manages to convey. Set in a heatwave, you can almost feel the searing heat coming off the page.
on 12 August 2013
I saw one review here that said that this book was slower than the others and not enough happening in the middle. I think it may be the case of the other books having too much. I'm reading the books in order and this one is the first that doesn't involve driving and flying somewhere every few seconds with the military and FBI or secret organisations popping up every page.
It grabbed my attention from the start and the twists in the plot and the way Reacher figures it all out was well written. I had the feeling that the characters in this book were more real than in the previous books.
on 13 November 2012
Although this was as well written as all the Reacher novels I did not feel the plot was as strong as some of the others. It took a while to get going and did not really grip me until half way through.

I think this is also the first one where Reacher didn't get laid too. Poor Reacher.
on 17 August 2013
Found the plot of this one a little bit convoluted. Normally Reacher sees things as black and white, the reasons for his involvement here are really thin considering his "cop" background. Reacher would have seen through all this in previous situations.