4.5 out of 5 stars1,191
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 26 December 2012
This was ok but not as pacy as the others I have read, I think if it had been my first Jack Reacher book, I would have been less enthusiastic about reading more. I felt that the end could have included some information about the couple whose characters were essential to the plot
on 1 May 2013
I'm getting the hang of these, now that I've read a few; I can sometimes second-guess the twist at the end. But even with that slight disadvantage, these books are un-put-downable. Consistently good action writing with just the right amount of cerebral interest. Fabulous.
on 24 February 2013
Excellent story, with great narrative and characters that make you root for and despise in equal measure couldn't put it down, on to the next. I only started reading Lee Child after watching Tom Cruise film and I can't wait to read them all, I also purchased a kindle to make sure I've always got one with me.
on 22 April 2015
If you like the "Reacher" books, as I do, you will enjoy this. However, it can be a little slow moving, until the climax, which I feel leaves loose ends in the story, that I would prefer to see resolved.
on 31 March 2013
Having read a couple of Lee Child books out of sequence and enjoyed them thoroughly, I decided to start at the beginning and work my way slowly through them! They are the sort of books you can't put down and would highly recommend them.
on 14 January 2014
I just love all the Lee Child/Jack Reacher novels and this one is certainly up there with the best. Lee has an incredible ability to get you gripped by the end of the first page and keep you there from start to finish.
on 4 April 2013
I was looking around for a new writer as I have read just about everything from all of my favourites. A friend at work suggest Lee Childs and I am already on his fourth Jack Reacher book in just over two weeks, a good recommendation and an excellent writer.
on 3 July 2013
I have reviewed other reacher books on here and I am probably repeating myself but as always I really enjoyed this one. Again up there with the best thrillers all action gripping plot plenty of twists... Although I'm this case I did guess the big twist around halfway through so perhaps a little on the predictable side but that didn't spoil my enjoyment!
on 2 March 2014
Another decent book by Lee Child although I regret to say they have become a little formulaic now. It's well worth a read and nice that it explores a little more of Reacher's past. I will try one more in the hope it brings something new but that's it for me if not.
on 19 January 2016
For Reacher read predictable, each movement, each problem, each attack and the resulting conclusion.
A story that flows but hardly grips the reader, could you put it down , of course you can .
Why the rating, its a good enough read and the writing is OK .