4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - but not for the faint-hearted
Published on 8 April 2008 by Lucy Felthouse

2.0 out of 5 stars wouldnt recommend
Someone suggested this book to me as a new "50 shades". It's far from it. When I got to the part where an animal was used for sexual pleasure I stopped reading it.
Published 19 months ago by N. Middlemiss

2.0 out of 5 stars wouldnt recommend, 4 Jan 2013
N. Middlemiss (UK) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars This was ok at first..., 30 July 2011
...but I was getting a bit tired of it by half way through. I know it's erotica and you shouldn't expect too much but I do feel it wouldn't harm to have a bit of depth to the story rather than simply one sex scene after another, but obviously that's just a personal viewpoint. Unfortunately, far too many erotica books are written this way, when a bit of depth to the story and the characters would make them so much more enjoyable.

It's not a bad book by any means, just a bit lacking in the storyline - girl becomes a nanny, girl has submissive sex with father of the children and some others, and that's about it. I don't feel I ever got to 'know' the characters.

If you just want to read about sex acts, one after another, then this is probably ideal but for me it wasn't quite as good as it could/should have been.

I've given it 3 stars because it was actually not badly written compared with a lot of other books in this genre (the writing in some of these erotic novels makes me cringe!).

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - but not for the faint-hearted, 8 April 2008
Lucy Felthouse (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Having heard mixed reports on this novel, I was eager to read it myself. My first thought was that since it was the first Black Lace title ever published, that it would be a little tame. However, this is far from the truth! Cassandra's Conflict is the tale of a young woman employed as a governess to two young children. However, Cassandra soon discovers that her employer has an ulterior motive. She is soon drawn into the wild and decadent world of sexual perversion, where games include submission and domination, spanking, humiliation, toys and much more.

Cassandra, who had previously had next to no sexual experience, resists. She doesn't understand what is happening and believes that it's wrong. However, she is more than a little in love with her employer, the Baron, so she eventually submits and does as she is told just to stay close to him. Soon, Cassandra comes to realise she more than enjoys the world of sexual pleasure, pain and humiliation. At the same time, she is pitted against the Baron's fiancee, Katya, in a desperate battle of wills to see who gets to stay with the Baron, and who will be leaving the Hampstead mansion. Only reading the book will tell you what happens next...

Overall, I really enjoyed this. As I said, I wasn't sure what to expect, given the mixed reviews. However, it's incredibly well written. I did find the plot a little far-fetched, but I was drawn into the book so quickly that I soon forgot my misgivings! The characters are excellently portrayed, and their kinky games were described in great detail. There were some things which I did find went almost beyond perverted and didn't do anything for me. But the vast majority of this book was really sexy and got me going! However, I'm pretty unshockable, so I think those that have more gentle tastes than mine perhaps wouldn't appreciate this. But those who enjoy reading about sub/dom relationships, particularly those taken to extremes, will love this book.

Excellently written, and completely compelling. I couldn't put it down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cassandra conflict, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Cassandra's Conflict (Black Lace) (Kindle Edition)
A very erotic book. Second time I have read it. It really makes you think about what can be done.

2.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Cassandra's Conflict (Black Lace) (Kindle Edition)
not what I was expecting - took a while to get through it -maybe my fault not sure what I was looking for

5.0 out of 5 stars cassandra series, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cassandra's Conflict (Black Lace) (Kindle Edition)
Loved this series of books.. I have decided only to review one though as I would just be repeating myself... they sure made my imagination run wld... come on Frederica write some more xx

2.0 out of 5 stars It was okish!!, 2 Sep 2012
Julie Howard "Joolz" (London) - See all my reviews
Not as good as i thought it would be - think the old Emanuel films- cos this is basically one of those in print! x

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't think I liked this one, 14 July 2012
I was looking forward to reading this book, it arrived this morning and I have read it already.

After Fifty Shades of Grey I was interested in reading something else in the same category.

This book was about Cassandra who started new employment as a nanny after splitting up from her husband. Her new employer was after more than just a nanny though and the story goes on from that.

I don't think the children should have really been in this book, they could have been mentioned but not as much as they were. I found it upsetting reading about how he treated them esp about the toilet thing. He didn't seem to love them much either and preferred them away from him. This sat very uneasy with me. I know it's fiction but it was putting me off the story a bit.

I read this book, I wouldn't read it again and I wouldn't bother recommend it to anyone. That's just my personal opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cassandra's Conflict, 24 Sep 2010
Cassandra's Conflict was the first Black Lace book I have picked up and read ... i am now on my fith book! It is brilliant how it combines an enticing storyline along with erotic and somewhat out there pleasures. I really enjoyed how Fredrica made Cassandra's character so alluring in her own vulnarable way and how all perspectives of the character are given throughout the book. The Baron ... lets just say i wsh i was Cassandra ha ha. Howevere once i finished the book i landed with a hard thud on my ass to the fact that such characters (men inparticular) are only alive in such books and do not exist on our real world.... probably hence me now being on 5th book ha ha. A book that will get your pulse racing and your body throbbing! Enjoy ladies xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down, 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: Cassandra's Conflict (Black Lace) (Kindle Edition)
I love this book, it was the first erotic book I have ever read and is definitely not for the faint hearted or easily offended. I have read it many times

Cassandra's Conflict (Black Lace)
1.99