on 15 September 2008
This book Waltz's you through Len Goodman's life and you get to know the man behind the judge. Even if you are not a fan of Strictly Come Dancing you will still like the book because it also gives the reader an insight into growing up in the East End and Len Goodman comes across as a very witty likeable and affable gentleman. I found myself laughing out loud on many occasion much to the amusement of my fellow train passengers! I don't know if I will ever be able to eat beetroot again....you will have to read the book to find out why!!
on 7 February 2009
I purchased this book from Amazon as part of a Christmas Present for my Husband - here is his review of the book " As a boy from the East End (of London)not far from Len's home, I also grew up with my Grandmother and As I started dancing in the 5o's. requenting the same dance studios and knowing various names of dancers and judges mentioned in the book, it was almost like reading about myself. The book is so funny in places you can't help but burst out laughing. Couldn't put the book down. What a read to cheer you up in these depressing times. I thoroughly recommend Len's book to not only the older age groups but also the younger dancers (and non dancers) to give them an insight to how the 'Strictly' came about and what fun, socialising and exercise dancing brings. Good on yer Len.
on 7 January 2010
This book is a good read for lovers of Len Goodman. it is very interesting and his personality comes through in the writing. However, the amount of typo's started to really annoy me, as they often confused the sense of the sentence as well as being very unprofessional - sort it out, Ebury!
on 13 January 2010
Len's book is hilarous and had my wife and I in fits.It brought back memories as Len & I were in the same area at the same time and I am sure our paths must have crossed. His book is a good read and will no doubt bring back memories to plenty of people.
on 13 January 2012
this book gos from highs to lows and lows to highs and some very funny things that have occured throughout lenns life and the fact that Our Freind Erin Boag was one of the people who recommended Len for the Strictly Show he would be no where near as well known as he is today flying from the UK and USA every season dancing with the stars is on or our very own Strictly. Of course he is much fairer and honest to us good old british dancers personally saying but he is a good guy and has made a brilliant read and funny as well some of the things though are simply to true to believe as youve probably had them done to yourselves before
ENJOY THE READ
on 24 July 2009
Bought it for my mum for mothers day. Never read it myself, but she says it was a good read (and she reads a lot!). Woudl like to give a longer review but honestly - if my mum liked it then it is a worthwhile buy.
on 2 January 2011
I received this book for Christmas and would recommend it to everyone, young and old. It is very informative and gives a great insight into Len's life.
on 23 December 2013
An excellent book Len, I enjoyed it from sratrt to finish. Coming from London myself, I could identify with all of the places you mentioned and all the old dancing names too. Such an interesting life Len although a hard one in the beginning, as they all were back then. That was when there was a standard and quality to things and values, which is sadly lacking now.
A great read and have recommended it to a lot of people. You have had a very interesting life and a lot of fun too.
Many thanks for all the times you gave us a recall into the next round of many comps!!
Excellent series this year and some really good dancers. Must be difficult not having the basic knowledge of a dance; hence the wrong footwork etc, which would come as second nature once the basics are mastered.
Thanks Len, had to give you a 10 !!! ;-)
on 8 December 2015
Lens book with its attention to detail regarding the background really took me back to my youth. For me, although the events were really interesting, the fact that I grew up in the same location, Bexleyheath (it is all one word Len) was like being in a time warp! I imagined my Dad could have been driving the 696 Trolley Bus which came out of Bexleyheath Bus Garage.....Also, Len talks of Erith, Welling and his beloved Dartford....
Had it not been so personal for me, I would have just given three stars. But having said that, with Len, I quess, what you see is what you get.....top Man.
on 13 November 2013
Made you think you were on the journey of his life with him a Londoner born elsewhere,pity latest book not on kindle