4.0 out of 5 stars worry website
Published on 20 Nov 2005 by marie

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit young, but good read!
Published 14 months ago by MELPY

4.0 out of 5 stars worry website, 20 Nov 2005
marie (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Worry Website (Paperback)
At first I was not interested that much in reading the worry website but I thought that I would because Jacquline wilson Is my faveourite author. After I read it I thought it was fantastic. The basic storyline is a that a teacher set up a website that the students could anonymously reveal their worries on. Other students would go onto the website and give advise. Each chapter of the book was of a different childs problem. I would recomend this book to all girls and boys under the age of 12.
marie

5.0 out of 5 stars What worries?, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Worry Website (Kindle Edition)
All I see is a fab author writing the most fascinating book ever!
It's the worries that really made me chuckle,laugh and almost made me cry!
Shall I tell you my worry?
Now I think all the readers would agree with my worry...
NEVER GIVE UP WRITING JACQUELINE WILLSON!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 May 2013
This review is from: The Worry Website (Kindle Edition)
This book was really good some of the worries were like ones in real life some people can really relate to this book I think. It was brilliant!!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit young, but good read!, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Worry Website (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book, and read it in one day. However, I am 10 years and I think that it is really aimed at 7-9 years. It is an emotional story about kids' usual worries. It doesn't really teach you how to get over your worries, but it can help you understand how others may be feeling. It also shows how pathetic some worries can be compared to REAL problems. It just makes you stop and think for a moment: "Why am I worrying about such a silly thing? Look at what others have to go through!"
I would recommend this book towards 7-9 year old's. If you are that age, read it as it is highly enjoyable! It is funny, yet sad

4.0 out of 5 stars The Worry Website - I think suitable from ages 8+, 20 Dec 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Worry Website (Paperback)
I think this book is interesting and you get into the book quite quickly, just like most other Jaqueline Wilson books. It is about a worry website that the teacher, Mr Speedy, makes. Each chapter has a new pupil in Mr Speedy's class write about their problem, whether it's at home or at school. By the end of each chapter the child's worry has been solved or is getting better.
One or two of the chapters are quite boring, like a girl called Claire's worry, but most of them are interesting.
This book isn't rude or that upsetting, so I would recommend from ages 8+.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worry Website, 5 Aug 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Worry Website (Paperback)
I loved this book and found it an enjoyable read. It was easy to relate to and it may be a sad story but it has a lovely ending and made me smile!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worried?, 13 Jan 2008
This review is from: The Worry Website (Hardcover)
The Worry Website is Mr Speed the class teacher's idea of a Web site for his primary school pupils to write their worries down anonymously and then get help with solving them from their peers. Jacqueline Wilson has linked the worries of six children in the book through six short stories, and a seventh story is contributed by 12-year-old Lauren Roberts, winner of an online competition. Each story refers to the other class members, so that they do not sit in isolation, and "Greg's Worry", the second story, links particularly well with the first story, "Holly's Worry". From divorced parents to living with a disability, and from feeling useless at school to nightmares at home, Wilson has sensitively touched on the small and big problems that worry eight and nine-year-olds. Holly's story of wishing her potential stepmother turns out wicked brings a lump to the throat, while William's huge appetite but less huge academic achievements are described with knowing but kind humour.
Lauren Roberts' story "Lisa's Worry" perhaps tells more about the reality of children and their worries than Wilson's own upbeat versions--as Wilson herself says, Lisa's "story ends so sadly". Unlike the other stories, it does not have a resolution and Lisa is evidently not as keen as Holly, Claire, Natasha, Greg, etc. to share her concerns with her class or her teacher. This suggests that a real-life "worry Web site" might not be so avidly subscribed to as Mr Speed's, a reminder that despite Wilson's effortless knack in engaging with children, some worries sadly appear to remain safer when fictionalised or unspoken. However, here's hoping that if there are many Mr Speeds around UK schools no child is going to remain unhappy for long--every reader couldn't help but smile if he was their teacher!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the best books ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 3 Jun 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Worry Website (Hardcover)
I love this book, I loved from the first time I touched the wonderfully illustrated cover. This book tells all different stories about all the problems and worries that children often incounter in their lives. I think every child can relate to even one of Mr Speeds pupils worries.
It took me only one day to read this because I couldn`t put it down, as it is one of the best books ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE WORRY WEBSITE, 6 Nov 2004
This review is from: The Worry Website (Paperback)
The worry website is a brilliant childrens book,it is written by Jacqueline Wilson.Its about mr Speed a primary school teacher who has made a website called the worry website diffrent pupils type their worries some of them are very touching.It is a excellant book because it is funny,interesting and easy to get into.the illistrations are brilliant.
mark out of ten:10

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing, 20 April 2014
This review is from: The Worry Website (Kindle Edition)
Jacqueline Wilson has not yet failed to impress me. This book is great, as it deals with many common issues in a child's life regarding family, crushes, disabilities and the general feeling that you can't do anything right. It is full of useful solutions which you can apply to real life too.
This book is gripping and will keep you entertained. Though it may be short, you'll be able to read it over and over without getting bored. There's some humour, some sadness, whilst still keeping reality in the pages. Wilson has once again addressed us children in a way we can all understand, and I'm sure after reading this, you'll wish there was a Worry Website for you!
I would definitely recommend this book to people aged 6+ as it is engaging and child friendly, but had mentions of subjects that could be upsetting to younger children (e.g hitting people).
On the whole, another thrilling Jacqueline Wilson tale for you to enjoy. Hope my review helped.
~Kacie, 11