Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£4.49

on 16 July 2002
Daisy is a new girl at school. Sleepovers are the latest craze in school and everyone's having one. But Daisy has one problem. Her big sister Lily, can't speak or walk and Daisy is afraid everyone will poke fun at her.

Daisy's friend Emily is also best friends with Chloe, who likes to bully Daisy.
Daisy hasn't got a best friend but she wants Emily to be hers. When it is Daisy's turn for a sleepover, her mum invites Chloe and to back her up she invites Amy Bella and Emily too....Jaqueline Wilson is a very good writer and this is one of her best books. I had this book for my 9th birthday and read it in two days!!! It was great!
Emily Decker (Age 9)
0Comment63 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 May 2008
I knew I was going to enjoy the book because I love Jacqueline Wilsons. I don't like Chloe because she is mean, but I like Daisy because she is nice to her friends. It is a little bit sad in places but also happy. It was very exciting. Amy and Daisy are best friends and Chloe and Emily are best friends but not for long. The book would be suitable for girls 7+. It is the best book to read. The story takes place at a school and at people's houses. The author good language like so-o-o-o-o and wonderful
on 31 July 2012
This book is great!! I am 11 and have just bought it for my kindle and I love it. Its a great story and I love hearing what the girls get up to in their sleepovers!
I think that this book is aimed on children age 8 - 11 but sometimes older. I really enjoy all Jacueline Wilson's books and look foward to all the new ones. This is a book that I would definatly recommened.
on 24 September 2001
This is an excellent book which describes its characters well, and deals with the problems a child can face with a disabled sister. The descriptions of the sleepover parties are very good, especially the last one which is Daisy's, the main character. By Lottie, aged 11.
My mum would like to add a few words...
I love Jacqueline Wilson books as well, as she doesn't shy away from difficult subjects like disability. The characters in the book - and the way they relate to each other - are very believable, and the book has an upbeat and satisfying ending. I thought it was excellent, a great read for most kids and really inclusive for any who may have disabled brothers or sisters of their own.
0Comment46 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 May 2009
Received very quickly and my daughter loved this book, she loves the author and this book arrived in great condidtion. Thank you.
on 8 January 2002
I thought it was an amazing book. It included a great deal of friendship,arguing and laughter. I highly enjoyed it because it is a book that you feel you don't want to put down and it has nice short chapters and it changes the theme every time so you don't stick on the same subject.
If there were 20 stars I would rank it 20 out of 20 but there are only 5. I recommend it to absolutely anyone, I hope if you read it and enjoy it as much as I did you will go on to read other Jacqueline Wilson books
I THINK THEY'RE GREAT!!!!
on 13 July 2012
I would recommend buying this book it gets you interested and it is great fun I give it:
5 STARS OUT OF 5. Because the book gets you involved and the front looks so amazing who ever did the illustrations is great at drawing they must love drawing.
The book is all about a girl and she joins a group/club and they go round to each others houses to have sleepovers especially when it is someone's birthday it is the new girls turn well that's what 1 of them called her maybe 1 or 2 times in the end she is scared of having them all round for a sleepover because she has a older sister well kind off anyway she was disabled so she couldn't speak if you call speaking like a 1yr old baby talking but GET THAT BOOK AND YOU WILL SOON FIND OUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN.
I would recommend this book from the age of 7 to the age whenever you don't want to read things like that anymore!!
By Hannah
on 8 July 2006
I read this when i was about 10 and loved it. It's a sweet book and is a good example of how being cruel to people is not a good thing. I wouldn't read it again as i'd probably find it too childish. so i'd reccomend it for 8-11 year olds.
on 11 August 2015
This fantastic novel by jaqueline wilson is one of her best ones for younger readers, Daisy is a perfectly ordinary girl but her older sister lily is just about the opposite of that! having a sister with learning difficulties is pretty gard for daidy especially as she wants to stay on the cool side with the alphabet club (Amy, Bella, Chloe, Daisy and Emily all begin with letters of the alphabet) for example here is how all the girls are different:

Amy

Amy is another ordinary child like Daisy but she has no sisters with learning difficulties, she is lucky and has to older sisters who teach her dances and dress her up in make up cool outfits and high heels, she is a kind girl but doesnt realise how lucky she is until she meets Daisys family properly·

Bella

Bella is the funny, chubby one of the group and doesnt have any brothers or sisters but isnt cold hearted like another particular only child in the club, she is lively abd acts happy to everyone when sads times are happening·

Chloe

Although i have the nicest girl in the world called Chloe Harding in my class this Chloe is the coldhearted, spiteful one· She is bossy and unkind to Daisy, she is rather selfish and had no sympathy when the girls find out about Daisys brain injured sister i was happy at the end when she got chucked out of the club·

Emily

Emily is the kindest girl in the group to Daisy· she probably understood Daisy the most because she had a new born baby brother who screamed his head off all the time·

All the girls are having their parties and all of them had a sleepover, will Daisy be brave enough to have one herself, if so that means having to let them meet Lily…

By Sophie aged eight
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 April 2014
Daisy is pleased to have joined a new school and shortly after befriends Emily, which eventually leads to Emily introducing Daisy to all of her friends. As their names all start with the letter of the alphabet, they form the Alphabet Club. For their birthdays all five girls have a sleepover but Daisy is worried about introducing her friends to her sister, Lily, who has special needs, especially so when it comes to Chloe.

Reading this brought back some memories. I read this many, many, many moons ago and I felt like I could connect with Daisy as I, also, have a sister with special needs, not as severe as Lily, though. It kind of rings true that you feel this, I don't want to say shame, but, it's kind of like a cross between shame and trying to protect them, when you're young. I was an awful lot like Daisy.

It's an interesting story and brings home how mean young girls can actually be but how they can also have fun. Wilson, never comes across as patronising but manages to add important life issues whilst making the story interesting.

Although aimed primarily at girls this book definitely isn't all cuteness and fluffy bunnies, if this was an adult book I'd imagine we'd be counting the death toll. Chloe, the mean, bossy girl of the group has everybody pandering to her every whim, whilst her best friend, Emily, is more on the sympathetic side. I've never understood why the mean girl and the nice girl normally end up as best friends or there about. It's always struck me as very odd!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse