1,051 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster
We have been really pleased with this toaster so far. It does a great job toasting bread. We especially like the dual browning choice feature. The colour is great and looks great in our kitchen. Very pleased.
Published on 19 Aug. 2010 by Emma L. Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Tried & Tested
We have had this toaster for over 6 months now so I thought I would give it a quick review.
If you take a look at the other reviews posted you'll get a good idea of what divides opinion. If you're after a smart looking item to match other MR products or red items in your kitchen then this is for you.
Nice metallic red front with chunky silver dials & sliders,...
Published on 9 Jun. 2012 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Tried & Tested, 9 Jun. 2012
Amazon Customer "Boo62" (Ilkeston Derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents 44732 4 Slice Toaster - Red (Kitchen & Home)
Nice metallic red front with chunky silver dials & sliders, brushed aly sides & big slots for toasting.
A nice collection of settings including defrost & this looks all set for use.
It is at this point that it all goes wrong. This has quite possibly the cheapest, tiniest & most useless line up of heating elements I have ever seen.
If you wish to have toast at anything other than anaemic & limp you will need to set the dials to maximum. Even at this setting the toast never gets very dark,(you'll need to do it twice for that), and browning takes over 5 minutes!
The lead is pathetically short & the levering mechanism flimsy beyond belief.
If you never really use your toaster & are just looking to 'accessorise' your kitchen then this is fine.
If however you actually want to toast some bread then may I suggest that you use a lighted match as it will make a better fist of it than this appallingly engineered item.
It reminds me of those hollywood sets that look like real houses but are simply 'fronts' with nothing behind. It looks like a toaster, quite a nice one, but behind the red facade there really isn't anything of much use to anyone.
It cost too much to just replace it so we are looking forward to the day it 'dies' so we can buy something better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster, 19 Aug. 2010
Emma L. Jones "Aussie Girl" (Fleet, Hants) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars good even toaster, 3 Dec. 2011
V. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
Nice toaster that toasts evenly. Sliced bread fits in sideways and controls good to use with quarter and half between numbers so you can have your toast exactly as you like it. Individual controls too for each side. Very pleased

1.0 out of 5 stars Vey Disappointing, 29 Feb. 2012
We bought this in December and it has already burnt out on two of the toaster holes that's less than 2 months.
Its also extremely slow to cook the toast and you need a very high setting to make it tuern brown. All in all I thought it was very poor and I would not buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice all round toaster, 2 April 2009
If, like I was, you have found yourself reading endless reviews of toasters, worried about getting a dud or somethign just as patchy or inconsistent as your old one, then my advice would be just to get this one.

It's understandable that we spend a long time researching these things - there is something about a toaster that makes it much more important than might otherwise be. We rely on it, it needs to be dependable, and it's often one of the first things we use in the morning, setting the tone for the rest of the day. This one I was relieved to find met that need. The toast dial settings have reassuring clicks, and I can vouch that setting the same numbers in each set of 2 slices measn your 2 lots of 2 will popo up at the same time - a sign they are well made and cllibrated. The toast itself is very evenly toasted - somethign that actually takes gettign used to after being so used to light patch here and a dark patch there. (This might even detratct from the charm of the variability, if you are particualry offput by the thought of your toast be 'too perfect'.)

The only slight downside is atually just a trade off. The widths are quite large, even allowing the most alarmingly mishapenly or oversized offcut to be toasted. The result though is that your cheap, every day bread can be a little bit thin, looking lost in the middle of that gaping slot - with the outcome that the bread is quite far from each element, adding a little to the toasting time. So, if you demand your toast ASAP and every second counts then perhpas go elsewhere. But if you want versitiliy, reliability and eveness, you can do much worse than this little reliable machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC RETRO TOASTER, 22 Feb. 2008
Mrs. G. Emptage (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This is by far the best (but to be fair the dearest !) toaster we have used. It looks great, fitting in well with our 'retro' themed kitchen, although it would equally blend in well with any style, be it modern or traditional. The toast comes out perfectly toasted all round with none of the usual burnt hot spots that used to occur with our previous toasters. Only time will tell how reliable this is but so far I have been very impressed as i usually have with Morphy Richards products

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 21 Dec. 2011
Whilst this toaster looks great, I can honestly say it is the worst toaster I've ever had. It is soooo slow, no fear of ever burning the toast. I would not recommend it, and have found cheaper toasters which are much better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 1 Jun. 2011
It's true, you buy cheap; you get cheap!!!!!
This is the worst 'toaster' I have used; it doesn't so much 'toast' bread as 'desiccates' it. It comes out brittle & dry regardless of setting - I tried it right up to highest setting and also tried pre-heating prior to putting the bread in.
Don't waste your money on this one, I wish I hadn't!!!!
Morphy Richards 44732 4 Slice Accents Toaster - Red

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 25 April 2011
Morphy Richards Accents 4 Slice Toaster 44039 ChromeThis toaster looks smart and does everything you could want but it takes so long! At least 5 mins for the four pieces. The toast comes out dry and crisp all through not just toasted on the outside which I prefer. So I suppose it is down to which you prefer and if you have the time, on busy mornings, to wait for it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 Jan. 2011
Very disappointed with this toaster only received it a couple of days ago threw my old one out in the rubbish only to find that it actually was working better than this new one. This is the first thing I have bought from Amazon that I have not been happy with and I put all the packaging in the bin on the day it arrived due to it being collection day. I would not recommened this toaster to anyone. I have to put the toast in twice to get it to brown and then the toast is like a brick so really not happy with this at all.

Morphy Richards Accents 44732 4 Slice Toaster - Red