4.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster
We have been really pleased with this toaster so far. It does a great job toasting bread. We especially like the dual browning choice feature. The colour is great and looks great in our kitchen. Very pleased.
Published on 19 Aug 2010 by Emma L. Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Tried & Tested
We have had this toaster for over 6 months now so I thought I would give it a quick review.
If you take a look at the other reviews posted you'll get a good idea of what divides opinion. If you're after a smart looking item to match other MR products or red items in your kitchen then this is for you.
Nice metallic red front with chunky silver dials & sliders,...
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster, 19 Aug 2010
Emma L. Jones "Aussie Girl" (Fleet, Hants) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents 44732 4 Slice Toaster - Red (Kitchen & Home)

2.0 out of 5 stars Tried & Tested, 9 Jun 2012
Amazon Customer "Boo62" (Ilkeston Derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Nice metallic red front with chunky silver dials & sliders, brushed aly sides & big slots for toasting.
A nice collection of settings including defrost & this looks all set for use.
It is at this point that it all goes wrong. This has quite possibly the cheapest, tiniest & most useless line up of heating elements I have ever seen.
If you wish to have toast at anything other than anaemic & limp you will need to set the dials to maximum. Even at this setting the toast never gets very dark,(you'll need to do it twice for that), and browning takes over 5 minutes!
The lead is pathetically short & the levering mechanism flimsy beyond belief.
If you never really use your toaster & are just looking to 'accessorise' your kitchen then this is fine.
If however you actually want to toast some bread then may I suggest that you use a lighted match as it will make a better fist of it than this appallingly engineered item.
It reminds me of those hollywood sets that look like real houses but are simply 'fronts' with nothing behind. It looks like a toaster, quite a nice one, but behind the red facade there really isn't anything of much use to anyone.
It cost too much to just replace it so we are looking forward to the day it 'dies' so we can buy something better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks can be deceiving, 19 Oct 2011
Nice looking toaster. So they've got that right, but that's all! I have been in touch with Morphy Richards, because it takes over 4 minutes to make a brown toast - not exactly suited to a busy lifestyle. and they gave me a test to do:-

"To check if the toaster is actually faulty we would advise to
Wait until the toaster has cooled down, put the toaster to the minimum setting, press down the level (with no bread), to start the toasting cycle.
Time how long it takes to pop up - this should take approx between 50 to 150 seconds. If it has popped up within this timescale the toaster is working to specification."

Well the toaster does just creep into this spec., so it looks like I'm stuck with it. The reality however is when really put to a proper test, actually making toast, it fails to deliver. I've now gone back to my Lidl 7.99 model and that is far better. We bought it as a matching pair with the kettle to suit our kitchen. What a waste of money. It's the last MR product I'll ever buy. It's a shame that zero stars isn't an option

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes great toast, 7 Sep 2010
D. McAllister (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
Had this toaster about 3 weeks now and it makes great toast. Nice even toasting all over and nice crunchy toast.

The slots are deep and wide for longer or thicker bread.

The defrost button helps with thicker bread , seems to put the elements on at a lower heat until its thawed before toasting. Not sure about the reheat function doesn't seem to have much use.

Seems to take a little longer to toast than my old cheap 2 slots. Perhaps because of the wider slots but this seems to help with toasting process, rather than quickly browning the outside .

The picture does not do it justice , the colour is a nice deep red .

1.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointed, 6 Mar 2012
Stephen Ralston (Stirling, scotland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Took nearly a week to arrive, worked great for 1 day and then made a loud bang and looked as though it could set fire to the kitchen at any moment!!!!! Looks pretty but does not work!!!! :0(

5.0 out of 5 stars good even toaster, 3 Dec 2011
V. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
Nice toaster that toasts evenly. Sliced bread fits in sideways and controls good to use with quarter and half between numbers so you can have your toast exactly as you like it. Individual controls too for each side. Very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 30 July 2011
We checked the market for a replacement toaster and particularly wanted a multislice facility- and to have the dual controls were a bonus.
The toast comes out with an overall browning that we have not seen before, normally the edges are more toasted than the center, but with 44733 a standard browning is achievable.
We are very happy with our purchase and give it the highest recommendation.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 Jan 2011
Very disappointed with this toaster only received it a couple of days ago threw my old one out in the rubbish only to find that it actually was working better than this new one. This is the first thing I have bought from Amazon that I have not been happy with and I put all the packaging in the bin on the day it arrived due to it being collection day. I would not recommened this toaster to anyone. I have to put the toast in twice to get it to brown and then the toast is like a brick so really not happy with this at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 21 Dec 2011
Whilst this toaster looks great, I can honestly say it is the worst toaster I've ever had. It is soooo slow, no fear of ever burning the toast. I would not recommend it, and have found cheaper toasters which are much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 12 Nov 2010
alan hares (Bristol uk) - See all my reviews
Looks very stylish. It takes thick break and buns etc., easily. Only slight criticism is that it is marginally slower than some, but certainly should not be a deterent. Would certainly recommend.

ARRAY(0xa46f9fb4)