1,026 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky kettle
Absolutely love this kettle. It looks so fab, and boils really fast. The only down side is the water level indicator which makes it quite difficult to see the amount of water in the kettle. With reference to the review which said the water in their kettle had a plasticky taste; we've had no trouble whatsoever with ours.
Published on 25 Aug 2010 by Watson

1.0 out of 5 stars The kettle leaks
I've owned this kettle for 1 year and it has started to leak water from the level indicator onto the counter where the kettle is placed. Over the past week the leak has got worse so I have had to stop using the kettle. It's really ridiculous that a kettle should be designed in such a way that it can leak water onto the counter which it is placed. Not good enough.
Published on 9 May 2011 by ShadowFax

1.0 out of 5 stars The kettle leaks, 9 May 2011
ShadowFax (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents 43775 Pyramid Kettle - Cream (Kitchen & Home)

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely...until it gets to 1 years old and looks awful!, 26 Jun 2011
I had this kettle as a wedding present in addition to the toaster. It does the job - boils water! It's quite heavy which isn't a problem for me but might be for some.

But after 6 months it stopped working. I had a new one from Morphy Richards and excellent customer service so that isn't my problem with the kettle.

My complaint is after around a year, the stainless steel parts look terrible, patchy with bits of rust here and there. Also the plastic by water guage/under the water guage has warped and looks awful too. I'm ashamed to have it in my kitchen now - it's predecessor from the tesco value range still looked like new after 5 years but this, which cost [..] and was a wedding present, looks awful! I wouldn't recommend or buy again. The toaster is in the same state too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky kettle, 25 Aug 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars kettle, 24 Sep 2010
I purchased this kettle, and find it quite good, but very noisy when boiling, although it does boil very quickly. A bit on the heavy side, especially for an older person. I liked the good looks and the quality, and thought it good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards Accents Pyramid Kettle, 18 Nov 2010
Excellent kettle. Works well & doesn't leak - so far.
No sign of any bad tastes or other nasties.

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to get rid of it ...., 26 Feb 2012
Belle Noir (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I 'inherited' this kettle, rather than having made any conscious decision to purchase it. I am ordinarily a fan of jug style kettles, and my one year of using this pyramid kettle has convinced me that jug style is definitely best for me.

This morphy richards kettle was constantly bubbling boiling water from the spout, despite my taking care not to overfill it. I also lost count of the times I scalded my hands with steam from the spout while pouring - every time you reach for the kettle you have to be sure that your hand is as far back on the handle as it will go. Never had either problem with a jug kettle and so I was very glad to eventually replace this kettle.

5.0 out of 5 stars A stylish and good kettle, 3 Jan 2012
W. Datoo (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I recently bought the Morphy Richard 4 slice toaster in copper and liked it so much that I had to upgrade my slightly old kettle to match. For a smallish looking kettle it can hold it's own with water capacity and looks like a dream on the kitchen top sitting next to the matching toaster. The only thing that I would complain about is the water level indicator is a bit difficult to see and sometimes you have to give it a bit of a roll to make the water rise up the level to see how much water there is in there. Relatively quiet also. I would recommend you buy the toaster and the kettle together in the colour you choose. The metallic finish adds a real 21st century flavour to what is a traditional design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kettle I have ever owned!, 23 Aug 2010
I have never reviewed anything in this way before but having spent a lot of money on appalling kettles in recent times and a few hours of my life researching before this purchase I wanted to share the fact that this is the best kettle I have ever owned. It is easy to fill, boils quickly, low maintainance and looks gorgeous. What more do you want? I am astounded there are so few well reviewed products out there, and a bit confused by the poor reviews for the Morphy Richard Retro Kettle that looks identical to this one in the pictures....but this one is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brewing Pleasure, 29 Mar 2011
To some a kettle is just a kettle but to those of us who love a good brew up, a kettle is an important part of the kit. This Morphy Richards Kettle is one fine piece of engineering as it has a sturdy base, big chunky handle that is very hard to drop with a non-slip feel, good pouring spout so there's little drippage, and a clear water gauge to show the level of water you've put in complete with minimum and maximum levels. Added to that is the sleek blue design, strong flick on switch (which has automatic cut off when boiled) and clear red 'on' light at the base to show it's started heating. Heating itself is quick and efficient and it produces hot, steamy water that seems to make all beverages taste better. Not only do I love my kettle and find tea a pleasure not a chore now, but two other friends have commented on it, one of which got one for Christmas!! And they love it too now. If you want to upgrade your tea or coffee making experience then this is the kettle for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast speed kettle, 2 Jan 2012
It was purchased with matching toaster and both look very smart in our kitchen. Whilst the kettle boils quickly the noise produced is quite horrendous. So loud we did in fact think that the kettle was faulty and Morphy Richards support were contacted. We were advised the noise was created by the super-fast boiling and was totally normal.

However an excellent looking and operational kettle but maybe it should have been supplied with ear defenders? :-)

ARRAY(0xabdc2540)