1,348 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky kettle
Absolutely love this kettle. It looks so fab, and boils really fast. The only down side is the water level indicator which makes it quite difficult to see the amount of water in the kettle. With reference to the review which said the water in their kettle had a plasticky taste; we've had no trouble whatsoever with ours.
Published on 25 Aug. 2010 by Watson

1.0 out of 5 stars The kettle leaks
I've owned this kettle for 1 year and it has started to leak water from the level indicator onto the counter where the kettle is placed. Over the past week the leak has got worse so I have had to stop using the kettle. It's really ridiculous that a kettle should be designed in such a way that it can leak water onto the counter which it is placed. Not good enough.
Published on 9 May 2011 by LogicChopper

1.0 out of 5 stars The kettle leaks, 9 May 2011
LogicChopper (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents 43775 Pyramid Kettle - Cream (Kitchen & Home)

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky kettle, 25 Aug. 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely...until it gets to 1 years old and looks awful!, 26 Jun. 2011
I had this kettle as a wedding present in addition to the toaster. It does the job - boils water! It's quite heavy which isn't a problem for me but might be for some.

But after 6 months it stopped working. I had a new one from Morphy Richards and excellent customer service so that isn't my problem with the kettle.

My complaint is after around a year, the stainless steel parts look terrible, patchy with bits of rust here and there. Also the plastic by water guage/under the water guage has warped and looks awful too. I'm ashamed to have it in my kitchen now - it's predecessor from the tesco value range still looked like new after 5 years but this, which cost £[..] and was a wedding present, looks awful! I wouldn't recommend or buy again. The toaster is in the same state too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards Accents Pyramid Kettle, 18 Nov. 2010
Excellent kettle. Works well & doesn't leak - so far.
No sign of any bad tastes or other nasties.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 Feb. 2012
First the plus points: it looks funky, and it boils water. However, the major drawbacks are that it is a terrible pourer, often spluttering causing spills, and it is difficult to pour without scolding yourself. It is noisy. The filling guage is slow to register and difficult to read. I would not buy another. Delivery from Amazon, as ever, was excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards Accents Kettle Plum, 19 Mar. 2012
I bought this kettle together with the toaster. They look fab in the kitchen and I have had many nice comments about them. However, The kettle doesn't hold alot of water and it's quite difficult to scrub the inside, if you are in a hard water area! It's so noisy, almost difficult to talk while it is on!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous Kettle, 8 Oct. 2012
My partner brought me this kettle and matching toaster. I can honestly say I will never buy or have anything like this again..How it got through quality control I do not know. The kettle on numerous occasions have spat out boling water across the kitchen unit onto the path through into the living room. I have thanked my lucky stars that there was no toddler in the way and I have 6 in my close family. The lastest incident and there's been now too many; today in fact is the switch on the kettle somehow got lodged and within seconds of boiling point the kettle gulged out boiling water over electric plugs and electric tin opener. My main MCB in my consumer unit tripped moments later and refused to set until I unpluged the plugs and found the base unit saturated in water. I never over fill this kettle because that is another reason you have boling water spat every where, It also spits boiling water if you start pouring as soon as you pick it up and it hasn't finished boiling unlike other kettles. Pick another kettle on health and safety..It looks beautiful but its dangerous. mines now in the bin and going to contact company to complain

1.0 out of 5 stars Annoying from day 1, 2 Jun. 2011
We've had this kettle for some time now, and we have split opinions. My wife loves the design, personally I'm not that fussed. However, in everyday use I constantly found it annoying. If you try to pour as soon as it switches off, the spout design combined with bubbling water has a tendency to spray the contents everywhere - maybe I'm just too impatient? The external water level gauge has also proved temperamental, it appears to have an airlock that can only be removed with a good shake. Longevity wasn't as expected, the edges of the enamelled surfaces began to rust alarmingly quickly. I'm relieved to say the element has just blown, and so I'll be going back to a regular jug design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kettle I have ever owned!, 23 Aug. 2010
I have never reviewed anything in this way before but having spent a lot of money on appalling kettles in recent times and a few hours of my life researching before this purchase I wanted to share the fact that this is the best kettle I have ever owned. It is easy to fill, boils quickly, low maintainance and looks gorgeous. What more do you want? I am astounded there are so few well reviewed products out there, and a bit confused by the poor reviews for the Morphy Richard Retro Kettle that looks identical to this one in the pictures....but this one is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful to look at if a bit noisy (like me then!), 22 Sept. 2010
John Boy (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This kettle is inspired by the Alessi kettle of the 1980s and hints of Art Deco. The translucent metallic red is wonderful and brightens up the kitchen during bleary eyed breakfasts. It is filled through the spout and it pours without dribbles spoiling the immaculate finish. The only down point is the noise it creates as it is coming to the boil; it's quite loud and sounds as though it's heating up when empty! It's collected a small amount of limescale around the lid that was easily removed with lemon juice. The finish is lasting well although there has been a slight colour change on the side of the kettle that faces the window where it sits in the early morning sun (so what sun was that in the summer of 2012?)

Morphy Richards Accents 43775 Pyramid Kettle - Cream