1,116 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky kettle
Absolutely love this kettle. It looks so fab, and boils really fast. The only down side is the water level indicator which makes it quite difficult to see the amount of water in the kettle. With reference to the review which said the water in their kettle had a plasticky taste; we've had no trouble whatsoever with ours.
Published on 25 Aug 2010 by Watson

1.0 out of 5 stars The kettle leaks
I've owned this kettle for 1 year and it has started to leak water from the level indicator onto the counter where the kettle is placed. Over the past week the leak has got worse so I have had to stop using the kettle. It's really ridiculous that a kettle should be designed in such a way that it can leak water onto the counter which it is placed. Not good enough.
Published on 9 May 2011 by ShadowFax

1.0 out of 5 stars The kettle leaks, 9 May 2011
ShadowFax (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely...until it gets to 1 years old and looks awful!, 26 Jun 2011
I had this kettle as a wedding present in addition to the toaster. It does the job - boils water! It's quite heavy which isn't a problem for me but might be for some.

But after 6 months it stopped working. I had a new one from Morphy Richards and excellent customer service so that isn't my problem with the kettle.

My complaint is after around a year, the stainless steel parts look terrible, patchy with bits of rust here and there. Also the plastic by water guage/under the water guage has warped and looks awful too. I'm ashamed to have it in my kitchen now - it's predecessor from the tesco value range still looked like new after 5 years but this, which cost [..] and was a wedding present, looks awful! I wouldn't recommend or buy again. The toaster is in the same state too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky kettle, 25 Aug 2010
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents 43772 Pyramid Kettle - Red (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards Accents Pyramid Kettle, 18 Nov 2010
Excellent kettle. Works well & doesn't leak - so far.
No sign of any bad tastes or other nasties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kettle I have ever owned!, 23 Aug 2010
I have never reviewed anything in this way before but having spent a lot of money on appalling kettles in recent times and a few hours of my life researching before this purchase I wanted to share the fact that this is the best kettle I have ever owned. It is easy to fill, boils quickly, low maintainance and looks gorgeous. What more do you want? I am astounded there are so few well reviewed products out there, and a bit confused by the poor reviews for the Morphy Richard Retro Kettle that looks identical to this one in the pictures....but this one is fantastic.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leave it in the box, 4 May 2013
Beautiful looking thing. It started to show wear very quickly. The colour has scratched and faded, the water gauge became cloudy and unreadable, got corrosion around the lid and gauge. And now the switch isn't working. I bought this because I trusted that it would be a quality product from Morphy Richards, and should have looked good for a couple of years at least- stainless steel ones do, and for a short time it looked like a bright jewel in the kitchen.
I would have liked to give no stars at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars kettle, 24 Sep 2010
I purchased this kettle, and find it quite good, but very noisy when boiling, although it does boil very quickly. A bit on the heavy side, especially for an older person. I liked the good looks and the quality, and thought it good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, 22 Dec 2010
This has to be the best kettle I have ever owned. It looks good and is excellently designed. It boils rapidly and pours like a dream. I have seen it elsewhere at 50 and is definitely a 50 kettle for 36! Brilliant.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 Feb 2012
First the plus points: it looks funky, and it boils water. However, the major drawbacks are that it is a terrible pourer, often spluttering causing spills, and it is difficult to pour without scolding yourself. It is noisy. The filling guage is slow to register and difficult to read. I would not buy another. Delivery from Amazon, as ever, was excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Annoying from day 1, 2 Jun 2011
We've had this kettle for some time now, and we have split opinions. My wife loves the design, personally I'm not that fussed. However, in everyday use I constantly found it annoying. If you try to pour as soon as it switches off, the spout design combined with bubbling water has a tendency to spray the contents everywhere - maybe I'm just too impatient? The external water level gauge has also proved temperamental, it appears to have an airlock that can only be removed with a good shake. Longevity wasn't as expected, the edges of the enamelled surfaces began to rust alarmingly quickly. I'm relieved to say the element has just blown, and so I'll be going back to a regular jug design.

Morphy Richards Accents 43772 Pyramid Kettle - Red