5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional quality, at a reasonable price
Published on 1 May 2010 by R. C. Wood

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice Camera shame about the software
It takes amazing footage that you can play back on the TV, but when it comes to uploading this onto my computer - forget it! Why can't it be like my old video camera? I could simply plug it into my computer and import clips and use Windows Moviemaker to edit and make short movies - I can't do any of that with this. They supplied software, but it wouldn't install on my...
Published on 24 May 2011 by Keef

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional quality, at a reasonable price, 1 May 2010
R. C. Wood (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic HS60 Full HD Camcorder With 120GB HDD, X35 Intelligent Zoom, X25 Optical Zoom, Wide Angle Lens, iA + Face Recognition - Black (Electronics)
I purchased this camera on Amazon after realising that it was at least 100 cheaper than what the Panasonic store was offering. The picture quality is exceptional, especially through a HD TV - the colours are vivid and picture is crisp. It might not be one of the most advanced cameras but considering the price, is one of the best compared with other manufacturers. Even though it is a more basic model, there is everything you need to get some pleasing results and it can be operated more or less straight out of the box.

To sum up here are the best features of the camera:

- Compact and light, good for handheld outdoor use.
- 120GB Hard disk memory, no real need for a memory card unless you need one for extra capacity.
- Simple to operate, with a good instruction booklet.
- Incredible picture and sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use!, 4 Jun 2010
S. Masters (carterton, Oxon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I purchased this camera along with SD card and HDMI cable. I am very pleased with it. It is simple to use. You can go into depth and mess around with all the settings and manually change everything. Or you can keep it simple and let the camera do the work. (good enough for most people I think). I haven't yet done any photo/video editing, but I think it will be quite simple. The face recognition is OK but in different lighting,a different angle it doesn't always recognise the subject. It does tell you this in the instructions though. Pictures/film are crystal clear and the battery life is good. I bought a spare battery and so far I haven't had to use it. I have also purchased a carry bag to hold this compact camcorder and possible our Canon Ixus camera too.
Overall I would highly recommend this camcorder to anyone who is a beginner/intermediate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, 27 Mar 2010
Mr. Graham Todd "Graham" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I upgraded from a Panasonic SDR-S10 and was amazed by the quality of the video. All the bells and whistles are nice but if the quality is bad it not much use. Day time shots are bright and vibrant and the OIS is amazing with hand held shots at full zoom being comparatively steady.
Plug into a HD TV and see the difference for yourself! A highly recommended camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic HS60, 18 July 2010
I love this intuitive camcorder. I recently bought it a few days before a trip to the Isle of Skye. On recieving it I read the instruction manual on charging the battery and how long it needed to be ready for filming. After that the booklet has been with me but not really required. The filming is so easy and the quality excellent. The zoom is limited only by how steady you can hold it, understandable, and my next purchase will be a decent tripod. The clips once shot are so easy to view on a tv screen its plug and go. The clips of my brothers dog so clear as full high definition is that he growls at the screen. The focusing is impressive and even birds along way a way are brought in to view. I will read the instructions and learn about face recognition but at the moment there doesn't seem to be any rush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic HS60 Camcorder review by Dave W, 11 April 2010
Purchased this camcorder in March 2010 after a long trawl through the various web sites trying to determine which was the best buy for my money (it was approx 100 cheaper at Amazon compared to High st retailers). Torn between SD and HD technology, I finally decided it was worth chancing a HD version.

The HS60 has loads of features and I have to say, all play their part making filming easier under various shooting conditions. I am not a professional at filming, but found this fairly straight forward to use. The still shot quality is very good providing 2+ Megapixels and the 120Gb hard drive is very useful providing ample recording time. The quality of recording is also very good and after working out how to edit the movies I have taken, I have to say I am impressed!

Only consideration for me was the software that is enclosed with the HS60 (AE Writer) is specifically for Windows operating systems (I have a MAC) so you need to ensure you have at least iMovies 8 or 9 for the MAC.

All in all this is very good value for money, feature rich and has already surpassed expectations. I would recommend the HS60.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly a Five Star Camcorder!, 5 Sep 2010
Alan (Plymouth UK) - See all my reviews
It was hard not to give the camcorder 5 stars. The fact that it didn't have a view finder (Ideal in sunny conditions and it extends the battery life) also not having a remote control lost it the 5th star, still, what it does have is first rate. Excellent zoom and video quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase, 28 May 2010
Mr. J. Brough (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The camcorder performs fine, it has a fast start-up compared to my Sony DCR-SR32. The only fault I have found todate is the short battery life, just over an hour. Panasonic do make a longer life battery but is expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Pictures, 31 May 2010
D. Malik "dandyhorse" (UK) - See all my reviews
Amazing camera and picture quality. Very easy to start and very user friendly. It arrived just in the afternoon just 2 hrs before my son's birthday party. All I did was plugged it for charging and went off to buy the goodies.On my return it was fully charged and ready to go taking fab quality pics( Didn't even read the instructions before operating it). Its very small and handy(fits snuggly in the palm of my hand). Unfortunately it doesnt come with an equally smaller caryy bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product at a great price, 1 April 2011
Amazing service! Next day delivery,all complete at a price 15%-30% lower than other suppliers.This was a replacement to a water damaged unit and is a very high spec camcorder--if you are thinking of upgrading your old one this is a real alternative at a great price.Suggestion--buy the 3year warranty advertised with this camcorder,it covers accidental damage!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new HD Camera from Panasonic, 25 Mar 2010
A Kid's Review
this hdc hs60 is a good hd camera it records in full hd super light wait only 385 grams.

its easy to use and good for people with poor dexterity or people with visual impairmenrs as its easy to grip and the menu text size is big.

i would recommend this camera to anyone

ARRAY(0xa6675f54)