5.0 out of 5 stars Now, what are you waiting for?
Published on 1 April 2007 by M. B. Alcat

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Special
What a waste of time and money these books are. If you are interested, go to a library. Paolini is one of the worst writers whom I have ever read. Not only does he constantly pilfer ideas from other texts and people, his dialogue is so stilted and out-of place that it is comical. Whilst Eragon is sort-of ok for what it is, each Paolini books seems to get worse rather than...
Published on 1 Jan 2011 by Aarin Galbraith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Now, what are you waiting for?, 1 April 2007
Has someone ever given you a book you just can't find time to read? That happened to me with "Eragon" and "Eldest". I liked the story, as summed up in the cover, but a lot of the reviews I had previously read about the series were awful, mostly criticizing the style of its author, Christopher Paolini, or saying that these book were just an imitation of others, for example the books in the "Lord of the Rings" series.

I must confess that I let those spiteful comments get to me, and I always found something else to read before tackling the books included in this box set. That is, until I watched the movie, loosely based on the book of the same name written by Paolini. It wasn't spectacular, but it had something special that made you care for Eragon, a young man like many others that ends up discovering a dragon's egg, and changing his destiny and that of Alagaesia.

"Eragon", the film, was a good introduction to Paolini's world, a world of magic and dragons, elves and strange creatures. All the same, I wanted more, so I went straight to the source. I picked up the book that had been waiting patiently for me and started reading. I read it in a day, without stopping, enjoying the fact that Paolini's story was much, much better than what the film had allowed me to glimpse, and that I was on holidays and could allow myself the luxury of reading the whole book without having to stop and go to work :)

Of course, reading "Eragon" was not enough, and immediately after finishing it I started reading "Eldest". Truth to be told, I liked it just as much or more. "Eldest" picks up where "Eragon" ended, and allows us to know what is happens with Eragon, Saphira and their friends, and what they need to do in order to survive the wrath of king Galbatorix.

All in all, I can say that I loved "Eragon" and "Eldest", and that I strongly recommend it to others, specially those that (disregarding their age) have lots of imagination. On the practical side, buying this box set is a good idea because it is cheaper, and will save you some time you could spend reading. Now, what are you waiting for?

Belen Alcat

PS: To Christopher Paulini --> Please hurry up with the last book in this triology, I really want to know what happens next :)

5.0 out of 5 stars WICKED, 10 April 2006
THIS BOOK IS BRILLIANT!
I read these 2 books within 2 weeks, i couldn't get my nose out of them. I got so frustrated when i had to go to school and i came home as soon as possible just to start reading them again!
Eragon is full of the mysteries of the Ra-zac and Eldest is so full of twists and un-expected surprises i wouldn't do anything else and just spent my weekends reading. I've lent Eragon to my best mate and told her if she damages it she'll be paying for it and giving me compensation! She wasn't sure at first but she said she's got to the 3rd chapter and now she can't get her nose out of it either! She want's too read Eldest next and i've said i'd lend it to her only if she will give the first one back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eragon and Eldest, 22 April 2007
Mr. C. B. Haworth (UK and Russian Federation) - See all my reviews
These books are both excellently written, carrying the reader along at breakneck pace with the young hero Eragon and his steadfast dragon Saphira through the strange land of Alagasea and it's varying multitude of inhabitants. It is an engaging read and shows off the talents of Christopher Paolini to be amongst the best in this genre of books. If you like fantasy novels then these are a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWSOME, 24 Jan 2006
By A Customer
I highly reccommend this book, i have read theese books many times and they are they best books i have ever read. I highly sugest reading this if you havent already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking..., 29 May 2008
I'm not sure if that is a word that you would use to describe a book but these two are simply amazing. Many reviews have criticised they style in which Christopher Paolini writes but I personally think he is fantastic! I'm a very busy person and love reading so it is essential that I have a book that is gripping or I will not take time out to read it! These books certainly fill that criteria. The phrase "You cant put it down!" is taken lightly in the reading world to emphasise how good a book is but these two books you cannot actually put down. They are definitely up there with the likes of Harry Potter undoubtedly! I pre-ordered (yes call me a reading freak) I'll say that again pre-ordered the next one as soon as I could. I hope that sort of sums up how good these books are, GO OUT AND BUY THEM!!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 24 Oct 2009
Joshua L. Hurt (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
very good books, (I would recommend buying them in separate hardback copy's)
these books let your imagination flow(if you have any)
I would recommend these books any day if you like magic and power struggles,

(spoiler alert)
If you have not read the books I would advise not to read the mini book 2 star review below as it gives away main parts of the books which are better found out reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars eragon and eldest, 15 Feb 2009
Fantastic stories, very easy to read full of brilliant imagery and recommended for any age group.I have since also read Brisinger and cant wait for the next one.
The stories are very moving and in part not unlike Lord of the Rings which is one of my favourite reads of all time.
The books are great page turners and once you start very hard to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Eragon and Eldest Omnibus (Kindle Edition)
very good had a job to put it down. my daughter was also into it, and she was just as interested in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lost. Time, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Eragon and Eldest Omnibus (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this story and find I come back time after time because there is always something new to entrance with each reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fantasy story of dragons, humans, elves, dwarves and magic, 10 May 2013
Great fantasy story of dragons in a mythical land called Alagesia, somewhat like Lord of the Rings complete with humans, elves, dwarves, magic, good and evil. Easy to read and there are 4 volumes to keep you going. This box set covers the 1st 2 volumes and is in paperback format

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›