Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 8 April 2006
The book was very excting, and pacy. From making homemae soap to fighting of visious komodo dragons, this book is also very informative. You learn a lot about survival on an Indonesian island as well asenjoying the book. The characters were all very different, and all seemed to bring the book to life. I can't wait to read the rest of the 'ALPHA force series', because if they're as good as 'Survival', then lemme at 'em! The book was quite funny at times too, but all the same, made my heart pump fast at times. I learnt quite a lot from the book, and now I now exactly what to do if I ever get stranded on an island somewhere in the middle of the ocean, killer sharks after my can of chicken drumsticks, brutal modern pirates trying to steal a millionaires boat and komodo dragons thinking that I would be nice for lunch. I thouroughly enjoyed the book, and you will too.
on 27 April 2003
This book had me hooked from the start it was really cool.with the shark attacks and the killer komodo dragons this book is an excellent read,it was so amazing i went and bought the next one in the series!
on 9 November 2013
Wow!! One of the best books I have ever read!!! The suspension in certain areas was fantastic!!!

A slightly confusing start but it made sense once you got into the book. It was exiting and thrilling!

I would recommend this book to almost anybody but most teenagers would really love this book of action and adventure!!!
on 20 January 2009
My son (age 11) was given the first 2 books in the Alpha Force series for his birthday.

He couldn't put them down, and was to be found reading late into the night.

I have read them both myself (age 48) and thoroughly enjoyed them too. And it's been great to discuss them together.

I'm just going online to Amazon to buy the third book in the series. But when it arrives in the post - who will grab it first ?!
on 21 October 2013
I borrowed this from North Yorkshire library website as a e-book.
I thought that the book was very good and easy going and very adventurous. It has all sorts in the book and it is very exciting. I can't wait to read book 2.
on 20 February 2012
Survival was a super book, packed full of thrills and adventure. The way the 5 members of Alpha force work as a team combining their individual talents is great! Chris really opens your mind with this amazing book making you want to read on. He captures the seperate attitude of the 5 different characters perfectly making you like some more than the others. I have read all of Chris' books with great enthusiasm and I hope you do to. I also highly recommend the Code Red series which I found great. And the best of all, The One That Got Away, a truly gripping tale. I really hope my review has helped and I hope you enjoy them as much asa I did. GOOD LUCK READING!:)
on 7 February 2012
[...]

Survival is the first book in the Alpha Force series by Chris Ryan. A team of five teenagers find themselves washed up on a deserted island after drifting away on a little boat that was 'supposed' to stay attached to The Phoenix, a yacht. All they have to do is survive blood poisoning, killer komodo's, deadly sharks and a gang of pirates (nothing too hard!). I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It will hold your attention and will stop you getting your homework done!

Verdict: I would really recommend reading this exciting action packed book.
on 16 April 2014
When i first got the book I was still newish to reading for fun, but this is one of the books that made me realise a great book is better than any tv series ,except you tend to finish them faster :*(.
This book was a great opener to the series and quickly had me hooked and onto reading the rest of the series, since the first time I read this book and series I have re-read them many times with the same amount of enjoyment each time.
on 4 January 2013
I found this book really good it is very fast paced and I just couldn't put it down. I also really liked the survival tips at the end as well they were very interesting. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys adventure and suspense
on 4 January 2008
I've Just Discovered Chris Ryan's Alpha Force Series and this book is a great start. It's a bit like an Alex Rider or James Bond, but with much more realism and less of the fantasy gadgets. It's amazing how the characters manage to survive and it kept me hooked all the way through. I am now working my way through the rest of the Alpha Force series and they are just as good! If you don't want to buy this book because of the price, check it out from your local Library (It's Free!) because it is unmissable.