5.0 out of 5 stars Another instant classic
I have read all of Jacqueline Wilson's books and even now, at the ripe old age of 25, I buy them as soon as they come out. I enjoyed 'Hetty Feather' a lot - slightly more cynical readers may say that it is 'Tracy Beaker' and 'Dustbin Baby' mixed together... but they are just grumpy curmudgeons, so who cares what they think.

What makes this book different from...
Published on 19 Oct 2009 by K. Oatley

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit zzzzzzzzzz
Bit boring dozed off in the middle of it not sure if I like it I kind of do .
Published 3 months ago by Amelia Moody

5.0 out of 5 stars Another instant classic, 19 Oct 2009
K. Oatley (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hetty Feather (Hardcover)

What makes this book different from JW's previous work is the historical setting. Any child who has ever complained that "it's not fair!!" needs to read about Hetty being locked up in the attic, about her friend Polly being smacked across the hand with a ruler and about the general hardships which faced Victorian children. Yes, at times the story is bleak, but there are also some genuinely uplifting parts. The eponymous heroine is as sparky and fiesty as Tracy Beaker but still immensely likeable.

I will be sharing this book with my year 6 (10 yr old) class, as it is educational as well as entertaining. If you have ever read and enjoyed a JW book, then go for it - give Hetty Feather a home!!

5.0 out of 5 stars READ IT NOW!, 10 Aug 2012
This review is from: Hetty Feather (Kindle Edition)
Loved it! You will fall in love with this book no matter how old you are. You will laugh, cry, pity, anguish, fear, and experience all sorts of emotions while reading this book. It is no doubt worth recommending...to everyone! Jacqueline has a lot of real talent in writing this book. If you read this you will definitely be blown of your feet and be taken on a journey into Hetty's roller-coaster life. This book was an epic and enjoyable honor to read, i just couldn't seem to put it down!

The characters and settings are described vividly, and enough to form an image inside your head. You fall in love with almost every character in this book! The story line is fantastic and nothing like iv'e ever read before! The writing; also great, but i would recommend this book to ages nine and above. At times, the book is actually educational, and you get a pretty good idea of what it would be like to live in the year Hetty does!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hetty Feather, 28 May 2011
This review is from: Hetty Feather (Paperback)
Hetty Feather is a great book! Hetty, the main character, has got such character. She's spunky, adventurous and curious. You really get to know her throughout the book and I hope J.W. will possibly write a sequel.

I thought the adventures she went on were really fun and daring! I quite liked what happened in the end, but I was hoping that she would have visited her foster family again. I think J.W. captured the Victorian scene very well!

If you're looking for a book to read on a rainy day, this book would be perfect!

It's an amazing book, one to be on your bookshelf!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hetty feather, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Hetty Feather (Kindle Edition)
A book about a lost child looking for hope but ends up as a mess of a person. I think Jacqueline really captured the image of an unwanted child.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Hetty Feather (Kindle Edition)
This book is the best book ever. I love all the hetty feather series but my favourite has to be hetty feather. This book is about a young girl called hetty feather who goes to the founding hospital when she was born to get fostered. She is fostered by a family with a boy called jem in it they love each other to bits and swear that they will marry and have kids together. When hetty returns to the founding hospital at the age of 5 she longs for adventure and she certainly gets it on the day of the queens golden jubilee. I highly recommend this and would say it's for about 8+ as I am 9 now but was 8 when I read it. BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!.

5.0 out of 5 stars A excellent book and highly recommended, 9 Aug 2011
This review is from: Hetty Feather (Kindle Edition)
This book was absoloutly brilliant. It is one of my favourite Jacqeline Wilson books. The story of Hetty's quest to find her real mother is heart warming and thrilling. It is a lovely book which I would without a doubt recommened to any reader, young or old. It is a fantastic book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for Hetty, 2 Nov 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Hetty Feather (Hardcover)
I was blown away by the amazing adventures of Hetty Feather and her search for her mother. I laughed and cried with Hetty. I really felt I was there with her. She has such faith in Gem and she never once forgot her old life in the country. I loved the book so much I read it in a week, and it's quite a big book, and I hope you enjoy it as much as me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Different and New!, 10 April 2010
Mrs. S. J. Jillings (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hetty Feather (Hardcover)
I thought when I first read the blurb of Hetty Feather that it would be quite boring and old fashioned because of the Victorian era - well, was I proven wrong! I'm amazed at Wilsons skill to make a book based in the Victorian period as exciting and worth reading as she did! I loved it - and the font was clear and easy to read. The parts where the circus came to town were excellently described - I felt as if I was there watching everything before me! I would reccomend this heart felt book to mainly girls (though alot of boys might enjoy this as much as I did) under fourteen. Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hetty Feather, 8 Dec 2009
Mrs. A. Meston (Ballater, Aberdeenshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hetty Feather (Hardcover)
I purchased this book for my granddaughter. Needless to say, as with all the Jacqueline Wilson books she has read,she was delighted.This has to be one of her favourite books.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Book Hetty Feather, 10 Aug 2012
This review is from: Hetty Feather (Paperback)
This book is a joy to read and i really enjoyed it it will bring tears in some parts but others will be brilliant.

Hetty Feather