5.0 out of 5 stars Good Performer For Price
Published on 25 April 2011 by Mr T

1.0 out of 5 stars probably a good chip from a good home but I cannot say ...
Bit of a hash up this. Indicated that it was a 1155 LGA 2nd generation Core i3 by the search listing but only when arrived found it not. So probably works, probably a good chip from a good home but I cannot say anything more, sorry.
Published 27 days ago by jtlenaghan

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Performer For Price, 25 April 2011
Mr T (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: i3-540 Core i3 Dual-Core Processor - 3.06GHz, 4MB Cache, Socket 1156, 3 Year Warranty, Retail Boxed (Personal Computers)
I bought this to use in the htpc I was building. It has more than enough performance for that. Using the in-built graphics I can watch Blu-Rays with no stuttering or break-up and DVDs are up-scaled as well. Another benchmark for readers - using Windows Media Player to rip my music CD's to the Library, a 45 minute CD is ripped in less than 2 minutes. I feel this Core i3 gives the best price-performance of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget CPU for custom PC, 13 Jun. 2011
Using this CPU with:

- Gigabyte H55N-USB3 Motherboard
- Corsair 4GB 1333Mhz Ram.
- Scythe Shuriken Rev.B Quiet Low Profile CPU Cooler

Have the Motherboard at stock voltages and the CPU running at 4.0Ghz and the Memory at about 1400Mhz. Everything running stable with Linpack and prime 95 and OCCT (google these stress testers).

CPU is usually between 35 and 45 degrees at normal idle load and about 55-70 max at full load (hardly ever at full load other than the stress testing programs).

Overall very happy with this CPU.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted!, 25 Aug. 2011
What do I say? It works, and extremely well at that. I fitted it to an Asus motherboard and haven't looked back. Simple to install and then you sort of forget about it as it just works. Happy to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great deal, 13 Mar. 2014
A rare event for an expensive processor to go belly up so delighted to be able to find a same spec. replacement at a very reasonable price. I took care to read up on thermal paste techniques as this is an important procedure when fitting a replacement.
My PC is firing on all cylinders again and I'm chuffed!

1.0 out of 5 stars probably a good chip from a good home but I cannot say ..., 26 April 2015