4.0 out of 5 stars Light in weight, not in suction!
When this was delivered, I was really surprised at how light the box was - I knew it was lightweight, but I could pick it up with one hand. It took less than two minutes from opening the box to having the Vax up and running. It looks very nice too (a positive when you don't have the space to store it in a cupboard).

The second positive for this model, was the...
Published on 31 Jan. 2011 by Clarissa

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent suction and compact size but hose is a problem
Positives
-Excellent suction power...it might be small but you can really feel it gripping your carpets!
-Small and very light...if it was any smaller I'd think it was a toy hoover
-Good selection of tools
-Looks great

Negatives
- The hose that comes with the hoover is extremely short making it almost impossible to hoover the stairs or...
Published on 11 Jan. 2012 by Claire

4.0 out of 5 stars Light in weight, not in suction!, 31 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Vax U91-MA-P Air Pet Multicyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)

The second positive for this model, was the fact that the handle was adjustable. I'm quite tall and have had difficulty in the past, having to stoop to use my vacuum cleaner (not the ideal cleaning position). The only drawback with this is that the handle can feel a little wobbly and flimsy (although I'd rather tolerate this than a static handle). It's very easy to alter the height.

Having had a Dyson in the past, I didn't expect the smaller, lighter Vax to even compete in turns of suction. I couldn't have been more wrong. When I switched the machine on, I felt the suction kick in. The machine even handled my textured rug (which is favoured as a resting place by my dogs). Due to the powerful suction, I actually found it harder work using the Vax, but got far better results than with my Dyson. It even seemed to clean the edges and corners of the rooms more efficiently. I think this may be my husband's new toy, as he enjoyed using it and seeing the results!

My one gripe would have been the stair cleaning - the tools are excellent, but the hose is not long enough to cover the staircase - however, I subsequently discovered that you can purchase a hose extension. You may also need to empty the cylinder more, due to the smaller size and the fact it sucks up so much!

This is an excellent product for people with pets (with the added bonus that the noise of the motor doesn't scare my dog, like my old vacuum).

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 26 Feb. 2012
We have spent a long time and A LOT of money trying to find a vacuum cleaner that will pick up pet hair. Finally we have found one!

PROS

- It works. Picks up even the longest thickest dog and human hair from the carpet.
- So light. I have severe arthritis so cant normally hoover but manage fine with this (maybe that should be a con ;))
- Good clear manual
- Small and neat so easy to store

CONS

- Hose not too long but can extend it with Genuine VAX Mach Air Pet U91-MA-P, Mach Air Reach U90-MA-R & Mach Air U91-MA-B Replacement Vacuum Cleaner Hoover Extra Long 1.9 Metre Stretch EXTENSION HOSE (1-2-130414-00) allowing you to reach to top of stairs.
- Being small and light the dust cylinder is smaller, but can do my large hairy lounge carpet before it needs emptying, and sometimes the hall too.
- It struggles with rugs and mats. It two settings, carpet and hard floor, but neither seem to work for rugs. The Vax is so powerful it literally sucks the mat so hard that they just stick together. However this may just be my ineptitude.

IN CONCLUSION

As I mentioned, we have tried about three vacuum cleaners that profess to pick up pet hair including the Bissel Pet Wash, but none of them managed it. As we are both disabled we decided to give up trying to find something powerful enough to pick up pet hair and go for something light and manouverable instead. I cant believe we found something that is light, manouverable AND picks up pet hair. Our carpet gets pretty bad. We have two spaniels that moult for Britain, I have long thick hair, and being disabled we dont manage to vacuum very often. The U91 Pet makes our carpet look good as new in minutes with very little effort. Id recommend it highly to those with pets, those who have trouble lifting, and anyone who likes their carpets clean!

5.0 out of 5 stars As good one year on as the day I bought it!, 11 Oct. 2013
Miss N. Judd "NicolaJ" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
Do not be put off by the make, the lowish price tag or the plastic looks. This vacuum cleaner is absolutely brilliant!

First off, I have 2 hairy dogs & one teenager. We live on a dairy farm, so add to that bits of straw, dirt, sawdust etc & you get the picture. The carpets get a real hammering and I need something fit for the job. I've previously had Miele & Dyson pet vacs and both were great for a few months & then slowly bits would break, fall off or suction would lessen.

I've had the air-pet for 14 months now (its probably had the equivalent of 5 years use in a 'normal' house) and it performs just as efficiently as it did on day one. The amount of dog hair collected on first use, on what I thought was a clean carpet, was both impressive and shocking. The suction is awesome! It is also quite light to use and the adjustable handle a great idea, making it quite comfortable to use too. The dust collector does not hold a great deal, bit it takes seconds to empty, so this really is not an issue for me.

The really good thing is that all components are easy to take apart for cleaning and you really can clean this piece of kit inside & out - barring the motor of course - so you don't get any pet smells lingering and it keeps looking as good as new.

Vax are confident enough to give it a 6 year guarantee, so really you can't go wrong!

4.0 out of 5 stars great suction, 19 Feb. 2013
We have 3 dogs that all lose hair and this vacuum is great for cleaning it all up on carpets & hard floors. After using a Henry vacuum on the carpet first then using this one it still managed to pick up dirt from the carpet! It's easy to empty the dirt out into the bin. I would have giving it 5 stars but the lead is far to short, it will only do one room at a time (4m x 4m room size) as it only has a 6m cord, can't understand why they do that as others they produce have a 10m cord! Also the hose is too short but they do an extension stretch hose which is worth getting (my next purchase!) as you can do the whole stairs without having to carry the vacuum up with you apparently.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Vac, 30 Jan. 2012
This cleaner came up as a special offer on Amazon. My Wife was having problems with her old vac shedding belts and other bits so I decided to purchase the Vax U91-MA-P. purely on a see it buy it basis, not knowing anything about cleaners. I was half expecting negative comments when the cleaner arrived as she likes to choose her own tools. This review is written quoting comments from the Wife as I draw the line at washing pots. She is very pleased with the cleaner and can't believe how it can pick up so much muck day after day when the carpets where professionally cleaned the week before she got it. She was invited round to my Daughter's house to demonstrate the performance of the cleaner, and after going round the place with her 6 month old Dyson first the Daughter was amazed at the amount of muck the Vax picked up. She was also very surprised at the lightness of it. So my Wife loves it, my Daughter wants one. I got "brownie points" for buying it, so I can only say it appears to be a Brilliant cleaner that I would recommend to anyone. BB

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks cheap and nasty, OUTPERFORMS all other vacuum cleaners. AMAZING, 2 May 2014
FussyMissus (Uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
When this arrived in the box, my first thought was that the box was far too light and that the cleaner that came out of the box looked cheap and nasty. I se the box and packaging aside, fully expecting to have to send it back.

How wrong could I possibly be?

It was easy to set up, in fact it took me longer to get the plastic wrap off the parts than to assemble it, and I was up and running in seconds.

And boy does it ever do a super job!

I had a Dyson Animal ball, and I had hoovered that morning, but this little darling managed to pick up a whole container full of stuff the dyson had missed, and better still, it lifted the pile of the carpet.

Not at all noisy like my other vacuum cleaners, light, easy to use, and perfect for the purpose, I was surprised and pleased at the quality of this model. Add to that the free six year guarantee, and you have a bargain!

My one and only niggle was the length of the cord, slightly shorter than the dyson, so it made for some shuffling around of plugs, but to be honest, it is worth the extra hassle just for the sheer quality of this machine.

Bye bye Dyson, you are expunged from my life, and I now herald in the era of Vax!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bagless upright cleaner, 14 Jun. 2010
We wanted an upright that was not too heavy. This cleaner is excellent. Is not too heavy but has enough suction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Also Works For Humans, 11 Feb. 2011
Having had a couple of Henry Hoovers for the past 15 years I decided to give the Vax Pet Air 2 a go.

The suction is fantastic & the brushing mechanism is extremely good. It managed to almost fill up the cylinder within a couple of days because it was picking up so much the Henry left behind.

You can stop the brushed rotating for hard floors which again it worked well on.

It was always a struggle with the Henry to get my wife's hairs out of the rug downstairs. However the Vax did it within a 10th of the time & with far, far better results.

I thought I had broke it when I accidently sucked up a throw from our sofa but it took just seconds to press the reset button on the side which automatically stops the brushes should you do something silly. Like me.

All in all I think this is a superb machine & well worth the money I paid. Henry is now going on eBay. My only grumble would be the cord length is about 1 or 2 metres too short for my needs as it is nice to do as much as possible without having to shift plugs.

So I wanted this for my dog but its money well spent for a malting wife also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent household machine, 3 Mar. 2012
This tiny little vacuum is a giant among vacuums.when it arrived home i sAId it looks so pretty we'll leave it out & just look at it. In the evening I went off to work. When i arrived back in the morning i noticed some dust in the canister.So i did'nt get any response, when i asked the lady of the house. I thought "well I'll have a little go then", switched on did the conservatory well clean, tiles only in here tho. A voice came through. Sorry I new u wanted to play with it but I couldn't keep my hands off it. My BP went up, but she meant the cleaner, but u can do the rest of the house. Well everything works,floors,carpets are like new. Emptying this little babys canister is a dream it really is a fab vacuum. As i said it all works & very well too. We are both in our 60s like gardening & walking our two JACK RUSSELLS, so the bungalow was a real test for the Vax u91 air pet, we added the longer reach hose so we can reach the shelves etc. Best cleaner we've had,(Dyson among them)So in the words of TAKE ME OUT PADDY. IF UR TURNED ON LEAVE IT ON. DEFO 5 STARS.

5.0 out of 5 stars VAX Air Pet performance, 15 May 2012
We have 3 cats and attendant cat litters that necessitates having to vacuum upstairs and downstairs daily. We also needed the cleaner to be lightweight to manoeuvre and easy to carry up and downstairs.

This fits the bill perfectly. Nice construction, Picks up the dust and cat litter effortlessly and great with the cat hairs. The upholstery attachment is also very good removing cat hairs off the soft furniture.

To do the stair carpet all the way up, had to purchase the long extension hose but given the cost of the original cleaner well worth the extra.

It has a low and slim front that can get around and under furniture easily. Very light and easy to manoeuvre. The main brush automatically stops when in the upright position, good for when using the attachments.

The cylinder is easy to empty and the filters only need cleaning periodically.

Had a problem with a previous model, the service was excellent. 6 year warranty for this sort of price takes some beating. You won't be disappointed.