5.0 out of 5 stars excellent
One of the best bluetooth i have ever had. And this self charging stone device is outstanding. I fully recommend this product.
Published on 30 Sep 2010 by Jacobo De Leon

1.0 out of 5 stars Design over practicality
Published on 23 Nov 2010 by katie's dad

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Design over practicality, 23 Nov 2010
This review is from: Jabra Stone Bluetooth Headset - Black (Accessory)
It looks good, and the descriptions are enticing, but this must be one of the most badly conceived pieces of technology I have ever come across. I don't have particularly unusual ears, I have used many different types of in ear headphones and earpieces without problem before, but none of the supplied earpieces on this device would fit comfortably enough to hear the audio properly, and the fixed angle on the moulding of the speaker means it's impossible to adjust without continuously holding onto the earpiece during conversations. And that's the other problem. Having a touch sensitive volume control sounds a good idea, but if you have to hold onto the earpiece to hear anything, your hand is in constant contact with the volume control and the level keeps altering. The only solution I found was to hold the earpiece on the sides with one hand, whilst using the other hand to control the volume, and that is not exactly the description of a handsfree headset! I am told by those people I did call that the sound quality from the microphone was second to none, but I did have to call those people back using a normal phone to hear those comments.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but ill thought out, 17 Jan 2011
Ren (Newcastle, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing you notice about this product is the case, or more precisely tube it's delivered in. Even the packing looks well made, and the stone itself is no different. Well made and looking great, you get the headset, the stone which acts as both carry case and travelling top-up charger, a selection of ear gels, carry cord and clip and instruction guides. Everything about the packaging said classy.

The guides are easy to follow and the headset charged and paired with the phone without any problems and the call quality was excellent, I could hear every word and the caller said the sound was nice and loud and clear, despite being in a car at the time. Pick-up/hang-up and adjusting the volume were all simple and straight forward, although it did take a couple of trial runs to get my finger in the right place for the volume. The fact that the stone acts as carry case and a portable recharging station was a great idea, no more having to carry emergency chargers around or the actual power cords when out and about.

On the down side, there are a couple of fairly big design flaws.

The unit can only be worn on the right ear, which means if you're like me and find your left ear more comfortable and easier to hear, you've had it, there's no method of adjustment and no left-ear model to purchase.

The arm of the unit is flexible, but only the part round the back of your ear, the part that sits on top of your ear is rigid, so again, if like me you have small ears, you have a choice of having the unit sit correctly on your ear, but the actual ear piece is somewhere down by your earlobe, or you can try and push the earpiece into your ear and have the band up above your ear, meaning you have to hold it in place or it falls off with the slightest movement.

In all, call quality is great, build quality is excellent, but if you have small ears or want it on your left ear it's one to avoid I'm afraid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable, 27 Oct 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really did not like this product. I found it difficult to set up and it did not sit comfortably on my ear, as the edges seem quite angular and sharp. I have not used the product since my initial attempt to set it up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 9 Mar 2011
Ed.F "edz314" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a high quality bluetooth headset combining really easy set up, great battery life, adjustable/interchangable ear peices, good looks/design and an incredibly easy set up. It chagres rapidly and syncs with your phone nearly instantly. It uses a standard micro USB port as a charger and has clear indicator lights showing charging status, and bluetooth connection. All in all it's great. However I'm only giving it a 4* review as I find it really uncomfortable to use after about 15 minutes. Hopefully you will have better luck, perhaps my ears are just weird.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stunning design but not very functional, 27 Jan 2011
E. Chittenden "emchi" (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This certainly is a thing of beauty. The design is something you can sit and wonder at. In terms of functionality? well it only fits in one ear (your right ear), and it's not exactly comfortable. It comes with a number of different attachments that are supposed to make it fit better, but none of them made the slightest bit of difference in terms of fit. It also doesn't help that I wear glasses and it doesn't sit well with them on.

The sound quality is OK, and the connection with my iPhone was pretty seamless, although the instructions were slightly incorrect but it didn't take me long to work out what I needed to do to get it working. The only thing was that it didn't work with Skype on my iPhone, that was a little more frustrating. You can hear music played through the headphone without problem, although with it only working in one ear, why would you want to?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound and design, 16 Jan 2011
Bob's Mum (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Bluetooth headsets are becoming more and more needed in our busy lifestyles. I've never taken to them purely due to their looks but I'm pleased to say thiat the Jabra headset has changed all that. It is a good looking and beautifully designed headset/charger, that has impressed me greatly.

After the initial charge, the headset can be synced to your device, and literally away you go. It took me a little while to press the correct part of the headset for the correct function, but after a little practive I was away.

No problems with fit, and the loop above my ear was quite comfortable.

The stone acts as a good portable charger, allowing longevity of use.

I'm now fully part of the ranks of people who appear to be talking to themselves - and I love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars One size doesn't fit all, 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: Jabra Stone Bluetooth Headset - Black (Accessory)
The product was delivered promptly and well packaged. It is a beautifully designed product, however it is not adjustable and does not quite fit my ear shape, so i have give it reluctantly to my wife.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 30 Sep 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Jabra Stone problems, 26 Nov 2010
This review is from: Jabra Stone Bluetooth Headset - Black (Accessory)
I bought this item recently as a replacement for my Jabra BT 530 with which I have been pleased. It has been a bad experience from the word go. The packaging is ridiculously complex and overengineered, having found my way in I just couldn't find a sensible setup of the earpieces to make the Stone fit and stay in my ear. I had to hold it in place which of course adjusts the volume and rather makes a mockery of the hands free bit. Having struggled with it for a couple of weeks now it has packed up all together. It pairs but I just can't hear anything through it. I will be sending it back shortly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, discreet and stylish, 24 Jun 2010
B. Bradley "Ben" (London) - See all my reviews
This headset was everything I hoped it would be. It was super easy to figure out right out of the package. I am not an electronics whiz but the instructions were very easy to follow and I had it set up in minutes. It came charged so I could use it right away. It works beautifully! The speaker was very easy to hear and when I listened on the other end with a friend using the headset I confirmed that it transmitted the voice clearly as well.

I wore it around for about an hour and found it to be extremely lightweight and non-irritating. I could shake my head vigorously without fear that it would come out. It didn't slip or pinch; just sat about as comfortable as a pair of glasses. That made me want to try it with sunglasses on, and I was able to wear both sunglasses and the headset comfortably and securely.

The "call answer," "call back," and volume features worked just as expected. Very easy to use. I was also really impressed with the charging dock that I can bring with me for a charge anytime.

I am concerned with being able to make calls safely while driving, and I have found my answer! Great product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›