5.0 out of 5 stars Ted Hankey 90% 25G
Published on 3 April 2010 by Shaun P

2.0 out of 5 stars lightweight and accurate but fragile and weak
i found these darts were very good to throw with and enjoyed using them however i did find the thread on the dart was far to weak causing a constant need for me to retighten each dart after every throw and one of the darts broke for me after a few days use
Published on 23 April 2012 by hiker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ted Hankey 90% 25G, 3 April 2010
As smooth darts go and I've tried most of them,these really suited my throw and it's a current trend in a lot of darts players to use them.A lot of people including myself picked them up and said "I couldn't throw them there's no grip" but I'll say this, you have surprising control over the accuracy as more of your fingers actually come into contact with the barrel and they've got to be more aerodynamic(you don't see bullets with a grip/knurling on do you)I was prone to spin the dart, I don't with these, add to this the world championship was won with them,what more can I say.I'm a pub league player and I've tried just about every dart on the market searching for that magic dart and I won't get anything for plugging them but I think it's fair to give an honest review.These are magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great darts, thin and nicely priced!, 9 May 2010
P. BRYDEN "petebryden" (Dumfries) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Winmau Ted Hankey 90% Tungsten World Champion Darts (Sports)
The last reviewer pretty much summed up how good these darts are. The lack of grip isn't a problem once you get used to them and they are pretty thin, which leaves plenty of room for a 180. I actually hit one the week after purchasing these darts and i've had countless 140's, 125's and 121's! I actually have the 26g version of these as they are the weight which suit me best, and it's surprising how many people in the pub compliment them when having a try.

Overall, they're the best set of darts i've owned and i believe they've improved my game brilliantly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of Darts - Great price!, 14 May 2012
S. L. Stewart (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
Quality Winmau Tungsten Darts for less than a TENNER!!!!! Yes, please!

1st time throwing with smooth style darts and I was very impressed. Great Quality!

Unfortunately most darts these days come with cheap stems and flights, but your not paying for that - your paying for the barrel. O Rings will be needed if you want to keep the stems that come with darts as they come loose every throw. Most people have there own preferred stem length or flight shape, so you'll soon be chopping & changing.

Absolute BARGAIN! Even if I never use them, they are a great addition to my collection!

4.0 out of 5 stars My first 180, 29 Jun. 2012
Steven Pullan (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
I honestly hit my first ever 180 within a week of using these darts! They have no grip on the barrel so beware, they get slippy if its warm and your mates might start calling you Ted as mine did! They are quite long, but allow for excellent grouping, if your any good obviously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great balance and accuracy - wish I could do them justice!, 4 Feb. 2015
A part time player, I read the reviews and bought these. The darts are great - now I need the manual :-)

The balance is great, the throw very true, the smooth grip is a small but unimportant thing to think about - yes I slipped a very few from the hand but honestly its not a problem. The stems come loose a bit, but then stems are fairly cheap if you want to change and not tighten after each throw.

They are VERY accurate and increase my confidence when throwing at doubles - if the throw is true you are good. It feels a bit like moving from nice darts to pro darts - I scored far more heavily than usual, especially after putting the first dart in the treble, and doubled well with them but they are unforgiving if I am off with direction.

I can put it this way, I have improved using them and now I know for certain that when I throw rubbish its me and not the darts. Since I have had them I have spent a lot of time working on my setup and throw, they reward good throws and hammer bad ones. I would recommend them highly but be prepared to spend time reworking your throw, whatever is wrong it wont be the darts :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice darts, loose shafts, 16 Sept. 2010
These darts feel great to use, there are no grip shafts but I've never found this a problem.

The only issue I have with these are that the shafts come loose, I find myself having to tighten the shafts every time I collect the darts from the board.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality darts for a good price, 2 Sept. 2012
The quality of the darts seems really nice, and I have not had problems with loose shafts or flights. If you really want the darts which fits YOU, you should perhaps try them in a store, and then pay 2-3 times more. These darts have no engraved grip, but I really like that they are slim (easier triple 20 with 3 darts).

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice darts, 21 Jan. 2015
Very nice darts and worth the money. I have gone from maximum grip to these and to be honest the grip is great. I can only relate it to how slick tyres offer more grip than tread.…. If that makes any sense. Also a lovely looking dart and they slide next to each other in the treble with ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great darts, but don't pay £20 for them, 3 Mar. 2014
Excellent darts. Stylish, robust and the flights stay in place. The slim line allows great placement if you have the skill. Enough grip that they don't slip in your fingers, yet pleasantly smooth to hold. They vary a lot in price on Amazon - if you don't need them desperately, wait and try and get them cheaper. Mine were a huge bargain at under £8.

5.0 out of 5 stars ted hankey 25g tungsten darts, 2 Jun. 2012
M. Wilson (Leeds) - See all my reviews
great set of 25 gram 90% tungsten darts at a great price also purchased unicorn tune up kit to go with them another bargain both with free delivery less than £15 for both amazing value never used smooth darts before but i now find i am using them more than all the other dart sets that i own

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›