4.0 out of 5 stars weak plastic?
first jump i did off my curb and the pro mount snapped off and landed on the floor.
I'm going to give it another go and will update my review if the second one is any better

not a good start

edit: i've updated this to 4 stars because i've just come back from a hard slog with jumps, bumps and all sorts and the pro mount did it's job perfectly
Published on 6 Mar 2010 by Joe Mitchener

1.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money
Published on 22 April 2011 by BikingAndy

1.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money, 22 April 2011
This review is from: Veho VCC-A003-PHM Professional Handlebar for Muvi Camcorder (Accessory)
The mount is very good and covers all angles when mounted. The build quality is a bit suspect though. I dropped mine and the camera holding mount broke away from the the main body. This is because there are only two small screws holding the two parts together and the camera mounting part is only thin plastic. I used some all weather double sided adhesive pads to repair this and is far better than the original fixing.

Mounting to bikes is easy and works well. Using it on my motorbike though I have to be careful where it is located as vibration from the bike gets transmitted through to the camera and distorts the picture. I have not used it on my pushbike yet so can't comment on that.

The clamps and the body itself seem to work well and with the slight build quality I can only give it 4 not 5 stars. With the option of a 1/4" thread you can also mount other cameras on this bracket.

NOTE!!!!

I have had used this for a few times and yes it has snapped.Don't bother !!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke, 12 May 2010
Ordered this item to mount my muvi onto my handlebars better than the wire-tie contraption I currently use. I also liked the idea it had some image stabilisation in the mount.

It broke almost immediately I put it on my bike. The plastic around the hinge is incredibly brittle.

Just glad I wasn't out on a ride when it fell off else it might have lost me my camera

Avoid

2.0 out of 5 stars veho bike mount, 21 May 2012
Tried this out on my motorbike but is too prone to vibration problems, may be better on a pedal bike. otherwise quite well made.

4.0 out of 5 stars weak plastic?, 6 Mar 2010
Joe Mitchener "Rimmer" (Kettering, UK) - See all my reviews

not a good start

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine on a road bilke but not very suitable for a mountain bike, 16 May 2014
Fine on smooth roads and cycle paths but has a tendancy to rotate around the handlebars no matter how tight you tighten it on the mountain bike when the going gets rough. If the clamp doesn't slip the elbow joint moves instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Four-Arm Cradle, 17 Feb 2014
Mr. Gordon N. Tracey "Thunderbird4" (London, England) - See all my reviews
I've given this four stars, simply because the camera works, however, the plastic cradle is poor and only gets 2 stars.

I've had one cradle have the two lower arms break off and a second cradle have one of the arms, crack. The plastic from which the camera cradle is made, is somewhat brittle; if the camera is not removed carefully from the cradle, one or more of the arms is liable to fracture or completely break off. I think, holding the lower arms between thumb and forefinger, then holding the camera at the base and gently pulling it away, seems to be the best way of removing the camera.

As for the camera, it appears a solid piece of equipment, but I found, after some use, a screw had fallen out; I assume this occurred from constant vibration. Perhaps a small drop of plastic glue might hold them in.

I think perhaps a completely encapsulating enclosure would be better; a bit like a horse a box, where the camera lens can look out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please improve quality veho, 29 Aug 2012
Broke as soon as I tightened up the screw, had to send back. A real shame as would have come in very useful for a road bike trip coming up. If they the build quality I would definitely purchase again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Handlebar fixing, 21 Jun 2012
I expected a lot from a simple principle for fixing my camera to the bars. The bar mount comes with two accessories, a screw fix or a grip mount. The screw is to fit into camera screw holes. This is a disappointment, it does not screw into the waterproof housing purchased seperately, in fact it's hopeless.
The alternative which leaves the camera open to the elements is much better but does transmit vibration into the camera, as a result the picture suffers from instability.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 23 April 2010
This handlebar mount comes with two sized inserts. I've no idea what bikes they looked at but the wide setting is too lose around standard sized road bike handlebars and the big mount too tight. In fact trying to fit the bigger mount broke the bracket at the hinges showing it is made of very poor quality plastic (I wasn't using much force at all). All in all a complete waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's everyone on about??, 25 Dec 2010
Great gadget, fitted in minutes. Not sure how people have managed to break so many - hamfisted maybe? A good solid mount, works well. Have tapered bars and supplied rubber inserts would allow secure fitting to any part of bars so comments about what bars they were designed for are a mystery to me.