on 10 March 2012
Bought this for my daily commute and am happy enough. It seems bright enough although I have seen brigther (think if you want brighter go for individual front and rear). I pulled off part of the strap when mounting so not the highest quality, but did get mounted in the end so decent enough. You need to ensure you mount in the correct position to be seen from front and rear (in your normal position) which may take a couple of attempts. The light has three modes - first on/rear flash, both flash, both on.

Main thing I noticed was the batteries drain in no time, I go through a set a month. It ia not obvious when the batteries drain, I originally thought it was broken - I had it so btoh lights flash which worked fine when I turned it on but by the time I got to work the white light wasn't working but red was. In the evening when I turned on both worked again but by the time I got home only red was on as before. I would have expected them to get a little dimmer to indicate the battery was low. I took the first one I bought back not realising it was the batteries but the second does the exact same. I eventually bought a 12 pack of batteries 12 X Panasonic CR2032 Lithium Cell 3V Battery Batteries, DL2032, BR2032, KCR2... for a couple of pounds which should last another 6 months as it takes 2 batteries. I would say the battery life must be around 15-20 hours tops, which is probably ok considering the size, I just notice it more as I don't need to change the ones on my bike anywhere near as often even though they are on at the same time.
on 16 November 2010
I bought this for my daughter who cycles to and from work in London - it fits on the helmet really well and the additional light it gives makes her far more visible on the winter nights
on 30 January 2012
As title. Easy enough to attach to helmet (came with a velcro strip with I threw away in favour of cable ties). Consumes batteries quite quickly, I reckon I get 20 hours out of a set of CR2032s on flashing mode. Does at least favour the rear light over the front, ie when the batteries are going the front light goes dim first.

Doesn't have to be removed from helmet to change batteries.

Is waterproof, I've tested it in the lovely weather of the Peak District on a daily basis.

Bright enough to be seen by but you won't be lighting your way with it.
on 17 February 2014
I've used this regularly over the last few months - as a shift worker, I do a lot of cycling in the dark. Whilst other lights are available, I particularly wanted something high up on the helmet, and there's very little on the market that does both front and back lights. This light does have its faults, and if there was a better choice on the market, I probably would have rated this a little less - however this really is the best one out there.

The light feels a little cheap, and the LEDs aren't great. It also uses CR2032 batteries which can be expensive - although if you buy them in bulk off amazon, they really are very cheap! In cold weather you can sometimes get condensation on the inside of the light, and I've had it stop working before - however it's dried out and been fine the next day. However, I've also had it in torrential rain and it's been fine.

I use a cable tie to attach the bracket to my helmet (not too tight so that it doesn't damage the helmet), which is a little more secure than the velcro. It does go through batteries reasonably quickly - I replace mine every 20 to 25 hours.

Pros: Good placement on helmet, easy to use, best of what's available, cheap, weighs very little, bright enough.
Cons: Feels a little cheap, LEDs could be brighter, goes through batteries.

I paid £15, and for that price would say it's definitely recommended.
on 24 October 2011
With the dark days of a Glasgow winter approaching, I wanted additional light to keep me visible on my commute. This has worked well. It has four modes, in which you can have flashing or steady lights in any combination (e.g. red flash, white steady; white steady, red steady). Don't expect the white light to help you see the road, but if you mount it in a good spot, it is handy and bright enough for spotlighting your bike lock or shed while stationary. Also, it is very easy to mount on the helmet. But don't forget to look at the instructions--there's a plastic bit keeping the batteries apart that you'll want to remove before mounting the light. Also, so far, it hasn't been destroyed by the rain (about seven rides so far in wet weather).
on 25 March 2014
Bought this as a cheap little light to put on my helmet to aid visibility when dark.
Does the job with forward and rear facing lights, helping others to see you better.
Good price, and would certainly recommend if you want a cheap, light helmet light.
on 3 April 2014
As other reviewers have stated these are battery hungry but am not surprised given the brightness of the lights. You can start a ride with both flashing but if battery is on it's way out then only the rear will be going by the time you get to your destination. I would recommend changing batteries when the light intensity starts to fade a little. Can get a large pack of the button batteries for not much money so no big deal and they can be changed without removing the strapping of the light. This is a good job as the thing is a little fiddly to attach in the first place. Overall decent value.
on 27 June 2012
Brought this light as I've seen a few other people using similar and thought that they helped make them stand out more at night.

The light itself was easy to mount on my helmet, you do need to be care that you mount it in the right place so that both lights can be seen. The front does give off a reasonable amount of light, not to be used as a main light of course but if you want to check your speed or something then you can see well enough.

Certainly a good choice if you want something to help you be more visible in conjunction with your other lights.
on 8 November 2013
If anyone fails to see me with this light on my helmet I will be amazed.
Can be a little tricky to fit if your helmet has large central panels. This just fitted my helmet (Giro Transcend) and I had to move it around a bit so that the plastic clip was away from my head but now I don't even notice it is there.
VINE VOICEon 8 January 2014
This is such a simple idea and so sensible that it ought to be standard gear for every cyclist. It clips onto your helmet giving you a front and rear light on top of your head which is really visible to cars in front and behind. Easy to put on and take off, runs for ages on batteries - absolutely first class.