5.0 out of 5 stars Lumie questions answered here
Excellent in every way. I thought potential buyers might be interested in a reply I received from Lumie themselves which answers all the questions I had before buying this; this is what they wrote to me:

All of our Lightboxes are mains operated. Unfortunately we do not have any battery powered Lightboxes.

Our SAD Lightboxes will come with a 3 year...
Published 5 months ago by E.Meredith

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for migraine sufferers!
I bought this lightbox with a view to bringing some much needed sunshine into my life as I suffer from SAD during the winter months. As soon as it was lit, it gave me an instant headache as the light is so bright, it is practically unbearable. My daughter, who is a migraine sufferer, could not be in the same room whenever it was on. Give me a beautiful sunny day sitting...
Published on 6 Mar. 2013 by Mrs. Bgj Byrne

5.0 out of 5 stars Lumie questions answered here, 10 Oct. 2014
E.Meredith - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lumie Arabica SAD Light Box - Therapy Lamp (Personal Care)

Our SAD Lightboxes will come with a 3 year warranty no matter where you purchase one from. If ordered directly from us, we also offer a 30 day home trial – so you can trial the unit and if you want to return it, you just need to call us within the home trial.

The Lumie Arabica mains lead is approximately 5ft and the unit comes with two 24w daylight spectrum bulbs. Bulbs gradually lose their brightness so we recommend you replace them every 2-3 years to maintain optimum performance.

None of our Lightboxes emit any UV light so they are all extremely safe to use. We suggest using the Lightboxes at approximately an arms’ length away so receive the maximum benefits for around 30-60 minutes a day.

You can use your Lightbox for as long as you wish during the day. The only thing we suggest is not using them too late in the evening, as this could disrupt your sleeping pattern.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad Lightbox, 20 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Lumie Arabica SAD Light Box - Therapy Lamp (Personal Care)
I should have bought one of these boxes years ago,as I suffer every winter from general malaise,and just getting moving.I took the plunge this year because it was the worst I'd known it and bought one.
What a difference, after a few days I started to feel better and now I get out of bed earlier and am ready to face the day.
This lamp is great,it dosen't hum or make a noise like some of the others are reported to do,and it was easy to assemble the stand.If you are thinking of buying one,I'd say go for it,it's the best thing I've bought this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Won over, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Lumie Arabica SAD Light Box - Therapy Lamp (Personal Care)
I have to admit to being sceptical when I ordered this lightbox. However , I have suffered SAD for several years now which has got progressively worse. I decided to give it a go - and what a surprise. I get up around 6 in the morning and go into the lounge and read by the light for an hour . Within three days I was feeling so different. Energised, much more alert mentally, and not feeling drowsy in the afternoons. My interest in life and the ability to plan ahead during the dark months has returned. I thoroughly recommend this lamp. Beware cheaper versions which can flicker and cause visual problems or migranes.

5.0 out of 5 stars What relief!, 6 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Lumie Arabica SAD Light Box - Therapy Lamp (Personal Care)
I bough this because I'm working in an office without windows. I was really grumpy and felt tired all time. It's one month now that I'm using it. And I love it. I feel much better. I recommend it to everyone how feels down in winter time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Believe it!, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Lumie Arabica SAD Light Box - Therapy Lamp (Personal Care)
This works, been using it for 1/2 hr each morning. Definitely improves mood ,why did I not buy sooner! You don't need to put up with low moods caused by change in season. Only issue I've had is its seems to have re-set my body clock ,wake up at 7 every morning even if it's dark, still at least I feel like I want to get out of bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel like a new person, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Lumie Arabica SAD Light Box - Therapy Lamp (Personal Care)
I normally start to feel to feel down as a result of the shortening days as early as October. I bought this model as it is medically certified and after doing a bit of research. I feel so much better, I don't wake up feeling groggy and miserable and my whole outlook has changed. I have more energy and optimism than I can ever recall.
Whether this change is due to some kind of placebo effect or is actually down to the lamp itself I don't know or care but I do know it has had a massive impact on my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 26 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Lumie Arabica SAD Light Box - Therapy Lamp (Personal Care)
Used this on recommendations last winter. Can't believe I'm so easily corrected by a lamp. Wish I had found it years ago. This year is the first year I havnt dreaded winter. I can't recommend this highly enough. It might not be pretty but it keeps me happy and I wouldn't be without it. If in doubt buy it. Best £100 I ever spent.
My situation if it helps u decide. 40 year old normalish bloke. Full time manly type job and 2 young kids. Great life, own house and enough money to do stuff. Happy all summer but dread winter to the point I'm unwell. - although no one knows. I saw it that I live for 6 months of the year and the rest is like preparing for a nuclear winter. I break down the winter months into segments to get through and take no leave as I'm unhappy regardless. Lethargic and lacking in mo Jo. Just unhappy with the dark or worse still grey sky's and missing colours, smell and life that you get in the summer months.
I put the light on and it's like that summer light that makes u feel okay again. It's instant and it's beautiful. Like sex or beer. It just fills you with something that's missing otherwise.
If you are finding it hard to afford try speaking to your gp to register ur problem and discuss it with them. If they recommend it go to your employer and see if they will get you one. I have done that for one of my staff as it's in the interest of the organisation to have happy motivated people. One light costs half of a lost sick day. It's a no brainer for good companies. Good luck

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my life, 11 Nov. 2011
Length:: 0:30 Mins

I first got this in the end of October and I was at first sceptical. But growing up in hot sunny countries most of my life and then moving to Scotland. I have learnt I secretly fear when November comes, I became depressed, sad, tried, always sleepy yet I would have been sleeping 12 hours and still feel like I've only been in bed for only a couple. I can't sleep at normal times, in my first winter I actually caught myself having 1 hour conversations with myself in with the mirror, late at night in an attempt to make myself tired.
Then someone said I might suffer from SAD, I laughed. So did my family when I told them about this strange mood I get in winter. But in the last few years, same thing. I can't work. I can't be happy. I couldn't even stay in a relationship, I always break up around this time because I get so depressed and unhappy and just become very anti-social.
This year, after pressure from my girlfriend (we got back together over the summer) and my family saying I should give a try. I got myself this, it's a bit pricy but the internet said it was worth it. It was. I've been using it now for the last few weeks, the last week I've seen the biggest improvement in my mood as rubbish November is now here in Scotland. Long Answer Short. My sad lamp has made my happier, I feel better, more energy. I even close my eyes and lean really close, almost touching the lamp with my noise because for a few seconds, it feels like I'm in Thailand with the warmth of the sun on my face.
My top tip, this lamp works best as soon as you get up. When you wake up in bed, get up and turn it on. It will wake you up, and it works best that way. I cheated a few times, waking up, be a bit lazy, and I didn't actually turn on my lamp until 11am. And it just doesn't work...I don't get the same feel good feeling of energy. I just sit here with my laptop and my lamp beaming into my face. With November here, I keep it going as long as I'm working at my computer. It's already so dark outside.
I seriously recommend this to people, especially if you get similar symptoms and you're from a country that gets sun all year round from 6am to 6pm. But I seriously recommend it, I noticed it's effects within my first use. Lumie people say you'll feel a difference in a few days, but top tip. Get into a habit of using this to wake you up, especially if you wake up at 6am and its pitch black like I do.
A must buy, 100%. Works great, feels great. Big button so that you can turn it on when half asleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 15 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Lumie Arabica SAD Light Box - Therapy Lamp (Personal Care)
Purchased this for my Dad who suffers really badly from SAD especially Nov-March evey year. HAving read alot about these lights and having seen the feedback I decided it was worth the 'investment' for his sanity and ours! Well it is about 3 weeks since he started using it, 20mins a day and I have to say I have noticed a masssive improvement, lets hope it lasts. Decided to spend the extra on a more 'premium' product , as I read some negative reviews about noise and flashing light. Happy with my investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brightened my day., 8 Jan. 2014
Craftypal (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lumie Arabica SAD Light Box - Therapy Lamp (Personal Care)
Used it as soon as it arrived when I was feeling headachy and lethargic after a busy morning. Relaxed with my light and a cuppa and within half an hour felt ready to tackle something else instead of my normal dropping off for a couple of hours. Coincidence? I don't know but even if the result was psychological, it worked! Use my light every morning when the alarm goes off until I am ready to get up (10-15 minutes) and at dull periods of the day. Seem to have more get up and go and less periods of lethergy generally so I am very pleased with my purchase and would recommend to others with clinical depression and SAD.

Lumie Arabica SAD Light Box - Therapy Lamp