5.0 out of 5 stars LEO THE LION!!! (Merits 10 stars!)
Published on 20 Aug. 2011 by John P. Pripusich

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed bag
I bought Siverbird, Just a Boy and Another Year his first 3 albums in the 70s and recently the remastered versions
on cd which are very good.This set depends which Leo Sayer you liked the early albums above with fine tunes and words or the period after when he went a bit disco.I personally never cared for anything after Another Year so purchasing this would be
a...
Published 21 months ago by hickman

5.0 out of 5 stars LEO THE LION!!! (Merits 10 stars!), 20 Aug. 2011
John P. Pripusich "Jack P." (Glen Ellyn, IL) - See all my reviews
I've always been a Leo Sayer fan, and have several of his LP's. When I saw this collection on Amazon UK, I thought it looked special. And that's the understatement of the year! Now, I have to confess, I've only listened to Disc #1 thus far (about 10 times!). It's really great listening! (And I have every confidence that the second disc will be equally superb!). Virtually all of the hits are here, including the smash reissue/remix of "Thunder In My Heart"!
You can't go wrong with the "Music Club" label...First quality sound and ORIGINAL HITS! This 2-CD set arrived shrink-wrapped, and in pristine condition.
Maybe it is only me, but I have always felt that while Leo was producing great pop tunes through the 70's and into the 80's (and beyond!)...and I've been a major fan, perhaps he was a bit under-appreciated in the music world. But as I listened to the first disc multiple times, I was truly struck by how soulful and bluesy his vocals truly are! Then, in the oustanding liner notes, I read about his songwriting for Roger Daltrey, his playing with Muddy Waters, his work with Ray Parker, Jr., etc., and it all finally clicks! It's a really cool ride listening to his best work as represented in this set, and yeah, Leo Sayer is a premier pop star...but a whole lot more! Buy this collection, and enjoy the music of the great Leo Sayer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value compilation, 30 Dec. 2011
Jeremy Scholes (Hollingworth, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Show Must Go On: The Very Best Of Leo Sayer [Clean] (MP3 Download)
An excellent price for this compilation which includes all Leo Sayer's well known tracks plus many lesser known ones. A reminder of a great pop voice not heard much these days

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best, 30 April 2011
Guylott (Southampton UK) - See all my reviews
I had most of the tracks on earlier cds. This compiation is great covering heaps of hit numbers. Truly good value and truly great music. Impressive!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Leo Smash, 9 Aug. 2013
Saw Leo live many years ago and sounded exactly the same as his recordings = this is an almost total compilation of his greatest songs = a very worthwhile buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, 29 May 2013
A comprehensive list of well known Leo Sayer songs. An enjoyable and easy to listen to album. Takes you back in time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hits galore and more!, 17 April 2012
Great album, packed with loads of songs and good value. Leo Sayer was one of the most successful solo artists of the late 1970s and early 1980s. Some songs forgotten as well. 'Have you ever been in love' was a hit in 1982 but rarely has radio air play. Beautiful and poignant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leo Sayer, 24 Jun. 2014
A brilliant album, took me right back to my early twenties, absolutely love it, Leo Sayer at his very best

5.0 out of 5 stars The Versatile and Talented Mr Sayer !, 28 Mar. 2013
This 2xCD collection contains a total of 36 songs.Many of these songs were co-written by Leo .All of the hit singles are included and are augmented by choice album tracks. Leo demonstrates here what a fine vocalist he is.Many of the album tracks are easily as good as ( if not actually better than) the better known hit singles.This is one of the superior 'Best Of' collections that I have had the pleasure to listen to .There are the old favourites plus the others that also deserve our attention and a few surprises included for good measure .Recommended !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed bag, 8 Oct. 2013
a waste of time for me so 3 stars for the early stuff and nothing for the later.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE SHOW MUST GO ON, 6 Jan. 2014
HAYLING BOOK & MUSIC VENUE (follow us on Face... (26 Rails Lane Hayling Island) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
There are many Leo compilations out there, but this is one of the most comprehensive and best value too.

This double album spans the majority of his career including a sizeable slice of his earlier recorded material he co-wrote with David Courtney, which in my humble opinion is the strongest on this collection.

A lovely compilation album and a great way into his music for any newcomers.