4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Follow Up Album
I absolutely loved 'Dreaming Out Loud' and was looking forward to their new album, and stumbled across it on wikipedia but was slightly surprised that it is only available to download until january when the album gets released. However, it is a very worthy buy! My favourite tracks are - All The Right Moves and Secrets.
Published on 23 Nov 2009 by P. Bean

3.0 out of 5 stars A Mixed Bag
Ryan Tedder writes very good pop songs
and OneRepublic perform them very well.

This second outing is, if anything, an
a stronger showing than their 2007 debut
album 'Dreaming Out Loud' but there are a
few problems which still need ironing out.

Mr Tedder knows his way around a big tune
and a memorable hook-line and there...
Published on 21 Jan 2010 by The Wolf

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Follow Up Album, 23 Nov 2009
P. Bean (USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waking Up (MP3 Download)

5.0 out of 5 stars "Waking Up" for every singel moment of the day, 9 Feb 2010
The first time I experienced the sound of OneRepublic was when I heard the Timbaland- remix of "Apologize" (he actually have a remix of a song from "Waking Up" on his new album). I couldn't get the sound and music out of my head, which resulted in a purchase of their debut "Dreaming Out Loud". And since I really liked this album I was quite excited when I picked up that they were working on their new album. How was this going to be? Would they keep going down the same road from their debut or would they keep on developing their own sound and musical image? Or would they just be another one of those that you simply forget after their debut?

Luckily, Tedder and the rest of the band, as far as I'm concerned, have decided to keep on developing and exploring their own sound with "Waking Up". And the result is impressive; on "Waking Up" you will find a song for every singel moment of the day. Since the first time I listened to the album and to this very day, "Waking Up" has been on repeat for nearly every singel day during this period. And as mentioned; much of this is because the band dares to explore their own musical image and take the whole thing to the next step. I think that the musical painting this album and the songs it represents is more independent, more exploring and starts of where the first album stopped and paints a much more exiting picture. And by this I mean that the production and the muscial and the artistic side of the album represents more self-confidence and work all the way through concerning who the band is and what they wish to represent.

And as I mentioned; is it early in the morning, are you going to work, chilling out at home or getting ready to hit the town - "Waking Up" contains a song for every moment of the day!

5.0 out of 5 stars OneRepublic - Waking Up, 26 Dec 2009
C. Fry (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Waking Up is the follow up to Grammy Nominated piano-rock band OneRepublic's debut album Dreaming Out Loud. It has already been a successful in the US getting to #22 in the Billboard Top 200 albums! You might of heard about this band before after teaming up with super-producer Timbaland on the most downloaded song ever Apologize. They also had hits such as Stop & Stare and Say(All I Need).

OneRepublic's front man Ryan Tedder isn't also the producer(except Deluxe Edition songs) and writer(except from Shout) of the album! He is also an award winning song writer penning songs such as Bleeding Love, Happy(Leona Lewis), Halo(Beyonce), Battlefield(Jordin Sparks), Do It Well(J.LO) and many many more!

The new album opens with the track Made For You starting with a fun rocky sound and ending with a child choir giving it a quirky sound. This song is then followed by what will be the first single off the album All The Right Moves which I was able to listen to 35 times in a row without getting bored of it! This song is sure to be a success in 2010. Other notable tracks on the album include Secrets, Everybody Loves Me, Good Life, Marchin' On and most importantly the 6 minute long title track Waking Up, the rockiest song on the album with 3 minutes pure rock and a 3 minute symphony! The album ends with a blissful song Lullaby which you could ironically fall asleep to.

The album purely shows the reinvented sound of this band!
This album blew me away! 5 Stars! Must Download! Watch out 2010!

5.0 out of 5 stars And excellent Sophomore album from One Republic, 17 Dec 2009
This review is from: waking up (Audio CD)
I just got this album from iTunes and have been listening to it non stop for the last couple of days. I really liked One republic's first album and it felt forever till the second one came out. Ryan Tedder is extremely talented musician and I love they way he twists the pop rock by adding variety of other instruments and melodies. I must say that Waking up is a great album I think it is better than Dreaming Out Loud. There are many songs which I see as singles hitting the charts.

I love the extra melodies that some of the songs carry may be because for me that's what sets One Republic apart from the rest of pop rock bands. Indisputably "All The Right Moves" is the best track on the album but closely followed by "Secrets", Good Life and Made For you. But overall all tracks are strong even the 2 last tracks at the end which true are different from the rest but does not mean they are not good enough.

Great album! Worth buying for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars better than the first, 25 Dec 2009
This review is from: Waking Up (Audio CD)
I bought the CD two days agao and haven't stopped listening to it since. For me this is an amzing CD. I love it much more than their first CD 'Dreaming out loud' - which I by the way absolutely love as well.
Waiting nearly two years for the follow up a lot of expectations are set on this and they have not disappointed me. The CD contains 11 songs, which are all more or less amazing. Of course that is up everyone to decide themselves. my favourites are Secret, Waking Up, Marching On and Fear.
They managed to keep their 'oneRebublic' sound throughout the CD, which they already had on the first one.
If you liked the first CD from them, you will most likely love this one as well. if you were not much a fan of 'Dreaming out loud' chances are pretty good you won't like one either...

5.0 out of 5 stars Another high quality album, 26 Jan 2010
This review is from: Waking Up (Audio CD)
It was a long wait from their debut album to this one but well worth it imho.

Ryan Tedder is a fine singer-songwriter and even the initially weaker tracks in the album grow on you with a few plays. Another reviewer has alluded to the U2-like title track which if nothing else proves their versatility as artists. I disagree with his comments re the banality of the 2nd part of that track - it's beautifully written and would suiggest that Mr Tedder and friends would be quite capable of a really good film score.

I'd give it four and a half stars but can't so it's rounded up to five. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing album, 17 Jun 2011
This review is from: Waking Up (Audio CD)
This album is so good. A different feel to Dreaming Out Loud but I feel it is as amazing. I love All The Right Places, Secrets and Everybody Loves Me, in fact I love the whole album. If you like One Republic then definitely buy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album!, 14 Dec 2009
This review is from: waking up (Audio CD)
I managed to obtain this album cd from an on-line store and was not disappointed. Ryan Tedder is a brilliant song writer and onerepublic do not follow the crowd with their music. I loved the opening track, and I had heard 'All the right moves'on the bands web site. I have listened to this over and over and can't say there is a single track I don't love. Saw the band play live in Oct 08 in Birmingham and they are great live. Not hyped up like a lot of other bands. If you love Onerepublic you will LOVE this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sophomore effort!, 20 Mar 2010
N. H. Yeung (Singapore) - See all my reviews
I decided to buy this album after hearing the single 'All The Right Moves' on the radio. This album is excellent, with strong songs such as 'Made For You' (though the choral end was a bit necessary), 'Secrets', 'Good Life' and 'Marchin' On' (prefer the album version to the Timbaland remix). OneRepublic has shown the world that they are not a one-hit wonder! I recommend that everyone buy the UK deluxe album, as it includes six bonus tracks with behind the scenes video footage.

5.0 out of 5 stars First and best album bought, 22 Jan 2010
This album can be listened from start to finish! All the tracks are great and some do remind of you of other artists.
"Waking Up" sounds a bit like the Killers. My favourite tracks on the album are "Secrets", "All The Right Moves" and "Good life".
The album has moved on dramatically from Dreaming Out Loud and is experimenting with new sounds such as percussions.
I would definitely buy this album if I were you as this band know how to make great music!