on 5 June 2010
I bought this as I needed some additional secure storage in the garden and being metal and lockable I thought this would fit the bill. On opening the box it looks like an enormous mechano set but I wasn't fazed as I'm usually quite good at these things. However, I should have known by the size and weight of the box that it came in that it was going to be flimsy but I really wasn't prepared for how bad it actually was. Here's 10 reasons to save yourself the time and hassle of buying this:

1. It's a nightmare to put together as none of the holes line up. I had to bend the sheeting to fit or just force the screws through
2. The metal sheeting is so thin you could probably cut through it with a Stanley knife
3. It all screws together from the outside (mostly with self tapping screws) so all you need is a screwdriver to remove a panel to break into it
4. The doors are fixed on from the outside too so you can just undo them too
5. Where the panels overlap you can simply peel them apart at the joins because they don't fit properly
6. The roof can't possibly be watertight as there are holes in it and corrugation means the water will just collect and then pour through them
7. It doesn't come with a base so you can just lift the whole thing up to get to what's inside
8. The instructions are pretty dreadful - mostly diagrams which aren't at all clear
9. The edges of the metal are razor sharp - you will shed blood!
10. The paint is incredibly easy to scratch and all the fixings are cheap and nasty and so will rust very quickly

I've wasted 3 hours today putting this together and I've given up before putting the roof hinges on. I suspect that I'm now going to have to waste a further 1-2 hours taking it apart so I can send it back. I'm really disappointed.
44 comments342 of 348 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 May 2010
very time consuming to put together, took me about 10 hours, and lots of cuts on my fingers!!!
flimsy and not watertight,
everything gets wet when it rains!!
0Comment154 of 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 March 2010
I bought this to store bin bags as i have no wheelie bin. I found it really hard to put together, it had sharp edges, no base, and the doors keep jamming.

Sadly I had to chuck it away as I got too annyed with it. Had it of been cheaper I may have understood but I did not feel the price reflected the quality of the final product.

Sorry.
0Comment146 of 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 April 2012
Its not worth anything like what it cost
It was dented in several places, also it doesnt come with any floor as shown
In short Rubbish
0Comment62 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2013
I wouldn't recomend this product took 5 hours to put together not very strong and as some very sharp edges cut my finger open in it
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2014
Once put together it is ok but was very difficult and fiddly to put together as many of the holes did not line up
on 9 March 2015
Bought this a few years ago. It is now a rusty hulk in my garden. Didn't keep things dry. Although I put it together, so it might have something to do with it. Difficult to put together, I recommend a rivit gun if you can use one as the screws are very difficult to put in as its hard to match up with the nuts. The lid is very flimsy and you need to put a floor in. The plastic ones are better value I think.
on 9 February 2013
The product is good, but for the non do it yourself person like myself it was a nightmare to put together even though I followed the instructions to the letter. I would buy one ready made up next time.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 August 2014
when constructed and screwed into the concrete base the storette was sturdy and weather proof and will have little or no maintainence.
on 31 July 2013
Just to warn people this is very poor quality, none of the holes line up and is very flimsy just one kick and it would be broken and would be so easy to get into, wasted over 3 hours trying to put together then just decided to return product. DO NOT BUT THIS ITEM
0Comment16 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse