Top critical review
342 of 348 people found this helpful
on 5 June 2010
I bought this as I needed some additional secure storage in the garden and being metal and lockable I thought this would fit the bill. On opening the box it looks like an enormous mechano set but I wasn't fazed as I'm usually quite good at these things. However, I should have known by the size and weight of the box that it came in that it was going to be flimsy but I really wasn't prepared for how bad it actually was. Here's 10 reasons to save yourself the time and hassle of buying this:
1. It's a nightmare to put together as none of the holes line up. I had to bend the sheeting to fit or just force the screws through
2. The metal sheeting is so thin you could probably cut through it with a Stanley knife
3. It all screws together from the outside (mostly with self tapping screws) so all you need is a screwdriver to remove a panel to break into it
4. The doors are fixed on from the outside too so you can just undo them too
5. Where the panels overlap you can simply peel them apart at the joins because they don't fit properly
6. The roof can't possibly be watertight as there are holes in it and corrugation means the water will just collect and then pour through them
7. It doesn't come with a base so you can just lift the whole thing up to get to what's inside
8. The instructions are pretty dreadful - mostly diagrams which aren't at all clear
9. The edges of the metal are razor sharp - you will shed blood!
10. The paint is incredibly easy to scratch and all the fixings are cheap and nasty and so will rust very quickly
I've wasted 3 hours today putting this together and I've given up before putting the roof hinges on. I suspect that I'm now going to have to waste a further 1-2 hours taking it apart so I can send it back. I'm really disappointed.