5.0 out of 5 stars Superb stuff
I have MS and there is a vitamin D issue. I say is; I mean was! I feel better from these brilliant little capsules
Published on 18 Oct 2012 by Mr. R. T. Cook

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
good stuff. too strong
Published 5 months ago by Dr. Abdoulie Sanneh

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb stuff, 18 Oct 2012
Mr. R. T. Cook (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 10,000 IU, 360 Softgels (Personal Care)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously fantastic, 8 Feb 2013
Ms. Sarah Dean (UK) - See all my reviews
Amazing product, I feel like its summer in winter and I have SAD - would highly reccommend to anyone. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product that works, 17 Oct 2013
It's the maximum level recommended by a large global group of top medical and academic institutions in an academic paper publshed in 2007 demanding Governments up the maxiimum level. Four years running I had a recurring abcsess and since taking this my immune system works, no abcsess in the last three years :)

5.0 out of 5 stars everybody with loss of muscle strength, rheumatism, fibromyalgia, sleeping disorder, depression... should have it!, 8 Mar 2013
For me, this product abolished chronic back pain, difficulties to sleep, muscle pain, lack of energy for exercising, fatique, Tinnitus, Urticaria (hives),... you name it! It did the same for many others I know, including my old mother. I (63 kg) take one every other day, my mother (85 kg) gets 4/week. People with 50 kg need no more than 20-30 000 IU per week. The Vitamin D Council recommends an average of 1000 IU for every 25 pounds of weight per day. As a physician and after all I have experienced, I strongly agree with this recommendation.

5.0 out of 5 stars cancer prevention, 26 Nov 2011
Having studied the vitamin D3 pandemic that is killing millions of poeple world wide through lack of sunshine for the last ten years i regard myself as an expert on this subject.First of all this is not a vitamin,although it was thought to be a vitamin 40 years ago when discovered and misclassified.In fact it is actually a hormone that is naturally synthesised in your skin when exposed to sunlight.The average human body contains aprox 100 Trillion cells,each one of them has a VDR receptor asking for uv rays ie: sunshine.THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON.We have come from evolution.Unfortunatley the ingested form ie:these softgels do are lacking in at least 12 biological benefits that you get from sunlight or better still the controlled environment of a sunbed tanning salon.
Even so they are very well versed and praised by the endemiologist and photobiologist in the research of cancer and all chronic illnesses.Not to be confused with vitamins.This is a hormone.As for the comments on some of the reviews it would appear that some people expect a kick up the ass as with certain substances.This is a serious subject and should only be commented on in such a damaging way by experts and not novices with no research behind their comments.
One very important thing about this hormone is that it can only work if your calcium levels are at 1400 mg.
So if you dont eat a lot of food with calcium in it then i suggest that you also take a supplement of around 600 mg daily.Please do not listen to the dermatolgy fraternity hell bent on demonising the sun so as to sell the multimillion pound industry of selling spf factors which is adding to the problem of cancer and all chronic illnesses.google this man proffessor micheal holick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Vitamin D3 ever!, 8 April 2014
I appreciate it free of soy, sugars, salts, starches, yeast, wheat, corn, and a few others... and has no artificial colors or flavors. Made with cold pressed olive oil, not soy oils . The softgel consists of gelatin, glycerin and water. This product is cleaner and more natural than others I have bought in the past, making it much healthier. Truly Healthy Origins :-)

Thank you for carrying this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Origins Vitamin D3 10,000 IU, 20 Jun 2012
Koriel Tannhauser (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I can only write here what I wrote in case of D3 5000IU from Healthy Origins - as this is the same product - just a different dosage.

I've been taking Vitamin D3 for the past few years - dosage about 10-15,000IU daily and I've never felt better. Bold statement I know, but during that time I haven't been sick even once - and I used to get sick each year around January-March (almost like some kind of clockwork -> but bear in mind that I'm also taking a lot of vitamin C). However, I'm physically very active - not sure if that's actually important here - so I would recommend to start with something like 5000IU per day for a week and see how your body reacts (some practitioners recommend vitamin D at a dose of 50,000 IU per week for 8 weeks, repeated if necessary to achieve a normal level of vitamin D). Because it is a fat soluble vitamin -> it is therefore stored in the liver and fatty tissues and is eliminated from the body much more slowly than water-soluble vitamins. So it is actually better to start with smaller dosage just to test your body response.

The other point to mention is that vitamin D is also found in a small number of foods and oils such as: pure (not refined) cod liver oil, oily fish (salmon, mackerel, sardines and tuna), margarine and eggs (yolk). So if you are spending a lot of time in the sun, and eat a lot of above mentioned food - then you probably don't need that much supplementation with D3.

It also plays an important role in cancer prevention -> the following is taken from PubMed (Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2012 May;12(5):585-99), "New vitamin D analogs as potential therapeutics in melanoma":

"Extensive evidence shows that the active form of vitamin D3 - 1',25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 - plays an important role in cancer prevention, has tumorostatic activity and may potentially be used in therapy for melanoma. Vitamin D3 and its analogs (secosteroids) exert multiple effects on cancer cells, including inhibition of cell growth and induction of differentiation."

There are also anecdotal data that lower levels of vitamin D may be associated with increased levels of toxicity in individuals receiving chemotherapy. However this is simply false as stated in "British Journal of Cancer" -> advance online publication, 15 May 2012; doi:10.1038/bjc.2012.194. The abstract of that study is also available on PubMed ("The relationship between vitamin D and chemotherapy-induced toxicity").

To the other reviewer who gave this product a one star review (I know this review is from last year, but maybe somebody else can find this helpful): vitamin D3 by itself is not a magic pill (I wish it was). If you don't take care of your overall health, no amount of D3 is going to help you even with a common cold. I would suggest (if you already have a cold): increase the dosage of vitamin C, D3 and take a lot of linseed oil. Eat less during that time, and eat mostly "light food": fish, vegetables (various vegetable soups would be preferable -> and you can mix a little bit of turmeric, astragalus root powder and coconut oil with them). Drink a lot of water. Skip all the crappy food based on white flour (and all processed food), everything that is "sweet" -> and you should feel a bit better after few days. Most of all, always remember the following: "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

And as always, if in doubt -> please do your own further research.

Recommended Books:

-"The Vitamin D Revolution" by Soram Khalsa
-"The Vitamin D Cure" by James Dowd
-"The Miraculous results of extremely high doses of the sunshine hormone" by Jeff T Bowles -> now this is one tricky book. Read it, but make up your own mind. Personally I wouldn't go that high with the dosage but on the other hand, a high dose of vitamin D is purely dependent on vitamin K2 (any apparent problems with high dosage of vitamin D are actually caused by vitamin K2 deficiency). Do not supplement K2 if you are on blood thinning medication, as it has anti-coagulant properties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good - seem to help to prevent colds, 1 Mar 2014
I have been taking these for a few years. Before I started taking them I use to have colds/sore throat all winter. Since taking these vitamin D3 I haven't had any colds. These capsules are quite small, easy to take, last almost a year and are worth every penny. I've bought them for my husband and sons also and have noticed they have not been suffering from colds/sore throat. I have taken lower dosages before which have not helped much. The high dosages of 10,000 IU have offered me more protection from colds/sore throat and I definitely will continue to take them in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, I really feel that these have made a difference., 2 Mar 2014
I started taking this after reading up about Vitamin D deficiencies and how most people in the UK will be deficient. I tried to by in stores like Boots but they stock really low doses of it and from what I read you need to take a high dose to boost your levels and then you can drop to lower levels to maintain. So I looked on Amazon and decided to get these. Within a week I felt like I had a bit more energy and that has continued, I'm sure that they have helped (and I'm normally really skeptical of such things) and will continue to take them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product, 24 July 2013
Since taking the 10,000 IU vitamin D3 I have not had a cold, which for me is really good as I seemed to have one every few months before.