5.0 out of 5 stars Very Neet! :)
Had to get a new cable as I got a new MacBook Pro laptop recently and the firewire connection is upgraded from the old iMac G5 (2005) I was using previously (from firewire 400 to 800 I think), so I needed a new cable to connect my new MacBook Pro to my Canon XL1 video camera. This is the cable that does the job very well.

I choose this cable over the others on...
Published on 6 Sep 2010 by Jen G

3.0 out of 5 stars Neet FireWire 400 to 800 Adaptor
Arrived promptly, good price, works fine... except that when I switch on the external HD it connects, I have to unplug and plug back in for it to be seen by the computer, so not seamless.
Published on 14 Feb 2012 by Grrr Argh

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Neet! :), 6 Sep 2010
Jen G (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

I choose this cable over the others on Amazon as it was listed as a 'Pro' cable and looked quality and I wasn't disappointed (especially with the good price). I am very pleased as this is a really good quality cable (always a worry when ordering cables online). It has a good quality build and nice professional design and silver/steel metallic finish with plastic coating and the connection was really fast with no problems. Similar cables in PC world were £17-£24 so this is a great deal.

Just to confirm, as it took me a while searching for the right cable - this cable fits the firewire for the latest MacBook Pro released in 2010, which is Firewire 800 I believe. So if you've just upgraded your mac and wondered why your cable no longer fits from your firewire connected device, this is the one. :)

I ordered this cable from Neet Cables and it arrived very fast - within days of ordering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 10 Sep 2010
Having bought a new iMac I needed to upgrade my firewire cable (from 400 to 800) to get video from camcorder to computer. It took a bit of research to work out what I wanted, and I opted to avoid the very cheapest cables. The NEET one claimed and appeared to be very good quality for a reasonable price. From memory, I ordered it in the evening and the cable arrived the next day - astonishingly fast. I am no techie expert, but I am very happy with the quality of the cable and of the images now on my iMac. A happy customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 12 Oct 2010
This cable works just fine and coils up neatly when not needed. If you want one of these to transfer all your old Mac settings to a new one consider using the Ethernet ports and a standard router cable instead. I found it faster than Firewire 800.

5.0 out of 5 stars Firewire 400 to 800 adapter, 11 April 2011
Badger (Barrhead Scotland) - See all my reviews
My JVC digital camera comes with a special camera-to-firewire 400 cable - no use for my new Macbook Pro with its 800 only socket, so this neat (Neet) little adapter solves the problem nicely and cheaply. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Firewire adaptor, 31 Jan 2010
Mr. P. J. Blackwell "walbassuk" (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
Not much to be said for something that is designed to be plug and play, it does what it's designed to do but is invaluable if you have purchased an iMac and want to connect older firewire devices such as video cameras and hard drives. The device allows you to use the cables you already have and the new firewire interface of the iMac can look like the older small firewire cable, it isn't. This does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neet Firewire 800 to 400 Adapter, 3 Feb 2010
C. Willmott (UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent piece of kit this and essential if you have a Macbook/notebook with a Firewire 800 port.
Its small in size, so saves me needing carry around yet another bulky cable to connect my firewire 400 equipped devices.
I have bought Neet stuff before and have always been impressed with the quality and service I have received from them, this is no exception being of solid build with a quality feeling fit in my Macbooks and WD hard drives firewire ports.
Super fast delivery too having ordered on Monday afternoon and received next day on free standard delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars the perfect link, 25 Jan 2011
I have bought a couple of different cables from Neet over the last couple of years, all have performed exceedingly well, and have lasted, so they are well made.So when I bought an Imac to supplement my Mac book pro, I was looking for a fire wire cable to connect both computers to enable me to transfer my Mac book Pro hard drive to my newly acquired Imac.
I did a Google search for a fire wire (mentioning Neet cables in the search) and was directed to the Amazon web site and subsequently placed an order - well, at over 60% cheaper than the original so It was a no brainer really given my past experience with their cables...
one word of caution though be careful, there are a few varieties of fire wire cable, depending on your mac and / or mac book pro - make sure you know which one you need - check the apple docs carefully.
Anyway - the cable arrived in good time, around 2 days I recall - eagerly I fired up the IMac , connected the mac book pro in a breeze and within 30 minutes had successfully copied all my data,software and personal details - am I impressed? - absolutely, 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Sonnet adapter, 17 Feb 2010
No problems with it securely connecting to the firewire port on my macbook pro, is not loose at all like other purchasers of the sonnet brand adapter mentioned. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 14 Jan 2011
Bluebell (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I was all set to transfer files from an old iMac to my new one only to discover that the new iMac has a different Firewire slot to the older one (2006 vintage). I only had a cable with the old-style plugs on each end and had to transfer the files using Airport Extreme WiFi, which took over 4 hours. I've got the correct cable now and it fits and works and so can copy more files from another older iMac more easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Firewire Adapter, 7 Feb 2011
Neet have produced a well designed and superbly made adapter to enable Firewire 400 to 800 connection. It is excellent value for money and highly recommended for connecting your peripheral equipment to the latest Apple macs. This piece of kit is a must for the computer support toolbox.