5.0 out of 5 stars Best music DVD I have bought for years
I was blown away when I bought the CD a year ago, and I am blown away all over again by this DVD. The picture and sound quality are first rate, production is excellent (no annoying intrusive camera work) but of course most important is the musicianship - and it is stunning.

Published on 14 Aug 2010 by David P

3.0 out of 5 stars ... foot on youtube and thought a dvd was a good idea. this didn't do it for me there ...
watched chicken foot on youtube and thought a dvd was a good idea . this didn't do it for me there were better performances on the free tube . so unless you are a chicken foot diehard fan give it a miss until you are.
Published 22 days ago by alanA

5.0 out of 5 stars Best music DVD I have bought for years, 14 Aug 2010
David P (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Get Your Buzz On - Live [DVD] [2010] [NTSC] (DVD)

It is hard to believe that Sammy Hagar was born in 1947. All I can say is I hope I have half his energy when I hit 63! Unlike so many of the old greats who continue to perform now, there is not a hint of weakness or decline in the range and sheer power of his voice. His singing is superb, Satriani on guitar is bewitching, but the overriding message here is 4 supreme musicians just having a ball and providing belting entertainment while they are at it.

When I reviewed the CD a year ago, I wrote

"My favourite track so far is the final one, Future in the Past, and I can just imagine that being a tumultuous finale to a live concert."

Well, it is still my favourite track, and I was right - it is the final of their own tracks in the set, and this live version is a joy to behold.

The inevitable encore is supplied by an excellent rendition of Hagar's Bad Motor Scooter followed by My Generation.

There isn't a duff note on the disc.

Fantastic. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chickenfoot: Get Your Buzz On - Live [Blu-ray], 15 May 2011
Excellent product!! this concert is very genuine and the production of it is very transparent, letting the "live" feel shine all over it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rock on the front foot!, 1 Oct 2010
David Wright - See all my reviews
This review is from: Get Your Buzz On - Live [DVD] [2010] [NTSC] (DVD)
What an exceptional DVD these guys have produced - absolutely brilliant. Was a Hagar fan from the 70's and was really knocked out when I discovered this gem. Others have rightly commented that the boys are just having a great time on stage and they deliver big-time. As SH says, "This takes us back to when we first started and how rock is supposed to sound" or words to that effect and boy, is he ever right. Well worth shelling out for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chickenfoot are a cross between Led Zeppelin and Van Halen and they are amazing live!, 17 May 2010
Dragonlord (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Get Your Buzz On - Live [DVD] [2010] [NTSC] (DVD)
I am massive fan of Led Zeppelin and Van Halen, so for me Chickenfoot are the best new rock band to emerage since Audioslave in 2002! As most people will already know Sammy Hagar use to be the lead singer to Van Halen in which he left them in 1996 and he has a very good powerful rock singers voice. For me Michael Anthony is one of the top bass players of all time and he is also an ex Van Halen member. Chad Smith is the drummer from Red Hot Chili Peppers who are another most excellent rock band too. Joe Satriani is one of the best rock guitarist alive today and his style of playing is a mixture of Eddie Van Halen and Steve Vai put together. This Chickenfoot concert really is one of the best rock concerts that I have seen on dvd and all the tracks are great, there are no fillers here.
The tracklist for the dvd goes as follows:

1. Avenida Revolution
10. Turnin' Left
11. Future In The Past
12. Bad Motor Scooter
13. My Genration/Star Spangled Banner

For all you rockers out there you really can't afford to miss out on this fantastic dvd and there is a fun 52min docmentary which includes Sammy Hagar talking to Bob Weir from the Grateful Dead.

4.0 out of 5 stars chickenfoot, 7 Jun 2010
Wow , what a live show ! Four great musicians giving it their all on stage . Their songs can be a tad cheesy at times , especially lyrics wise..but their enthusiasm makes up for it . Pcture quality on this Blu Ray is very good , but the star is the audio . This will blow the neighbours away , but is still clear as crystal..with good balance of high , mids & low end . Docco is also a real giggle .

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your buzz on, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Get Your Buzz On - Live [DVD] [2010] [NTSC] (DVD)
Well worth five stars from the 'supergroup' that is Chickenfoot, this live dvd captures the vibe and the atmosphere of a live Chickenfoot gig perfectly.For a band that individually have achieved a lot it is obvious they are doing this to have fun, they certainly do that and the audience is swept along with responsive enthusiasm.The majority of the set is from the first album simply titled Chickenfoot although Bad Motor Scooter from Sammy Hagars earlier career before Van Halen is included as is a cover of the Who's My Generation.For fans of feel good,good times rock and if you can go see them live, i saw them at Brixton the last time they toured and it was a really good night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it people!, 14 Sep 2012
One of the greatest live recordings I have ever seen. This band ROCK'S! You will not regret buying this blu-ray. Just buy it, and prepare to get your BUZZ ON!

5.0 out of 5 stars The way it should be!!, 25 Oct 2010
bijo (Bangalore,India) - See all my reviews
Picture and sound - Top Notch. If you like bluesy hard rock or just plain straight forward hard rock ...classic style...buy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Oct 2010
"Excellent". Five Stars ! Excellent. Very nice item. I recommended it. Perfect. Five Stars ! Excellent. Very nice item. I recommended it. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars masters of rock, 4 Aug 2010
these guys are the true masters of(cheesy) rock, they look like they are having so much fun up on that stage and as always The Satch is god like with his guitar.this has to be my favourite purchase of the year so far, the picture is perfect and the sound is awesome. If you like rock with a little cheese attached then this is for you. awesome,awesome,awesome is all i have left to say

Get Your Buzz On - Live [DVD] [2010] [NTSC]