Size: BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable - supports 3D, Ethernet and Audio Return [Newest Standard] - (2 Meters)Change

on 19 June 2013
I have purchased lot's of HDMI cables over the years and I first bought one of these a few month's ago to try it.
Well I was amazed at the high quality build and performance and have since bought another six of them and they have been excellent.
You can buy HDMI cables in the shops costing £15 or more for a 2m one and the quality isn't as good as these, and for £3.99 the Bluerigger is unbelievable.
Several years ago to buy a decent one it would have cost you so much that most people would have bought a cheap cable for around £7 or less, but as time has gone on the cables have become cheaper that anyone can now buy a high quality HDMI for £3.99.
I am very fussy when it comes to things but I cannot say a bad word against this make and I highly recommend them.
The cable is fully shielded to reduce interference and to give you an amazing picture, buy one you can't go wrong.
on 24 February 2015
Bought this HDMI cable about 3 days ago. It arrived the next day and so far is looking good. The blue camo looks nice and the HDMI head is not too fat (I had concerns as my ethernet port on my laptop is very close to that of my HDMI port - some HDMI cable heads are too fat and prevent me from using the ethernet port). It is 2M in length as advertised and does tranport HD video and audio. I do not have 3D on my monitors, nor do i use audio return or HDMI Ethernet so I can not comment on that.
If you are confussed about what HDMI ethernet is visit this link (as I did when shopping aorund) to clarify:

Also I would like to say this cable comes in a very small (enviromentally friendly) cardboard with frustration free packaging, which is a big plus when you just want to get to the cable and use it. The gold plated ports make for a faster data transfer and a nice look to the HDMI ports so well played BlueRigger.

All in All a great buy considering the price (£5) for something that I would expect to pay around £15 for as it's not a simple HDMI 1.0 lead!
Will buy another one soon most probably!
on 27 August 2012
It never fails to amaze me when people think the more money they spend on an HDMI cable, the better a picture and sound they will get. Well that's something that simply isn't true. They've fallen for a scam perpetrated by greedy companies who can't accept the fact that their analogue cash cow is dead. With an HDMI cable, you either get great picture and audio, or you don't. Your sound and vision is made up of zeros and ones, and you can't boost the strength of numbers.

The only thing you DO need to look out for is the version number of HDMI, since it's upgrading to take advantage of hardware changes. This cable is the current 1.4 spec needed to carry the extra information required for 3D viewing on top of everything else, and I can tell you without hesitation that it's at least the measure of scam cables costing considerably times more. The plastic casing on the end of a thickly coated cable is of excellent build strength. You'd be insane to fall for hype and spend a penny extra. The sound and image is completely stable, and there's really nothing else to say. I'd buy another one in a moment if it was required.
on 6 November 2013
This is a great HDMI cable to add to your TV setup. It is well made with thick insulation, cleanly-moulded plastic, gold connectors and an attractive design of blue banding around the ends. The picture quality is the same as with a cheaper cable, but this one feels as if it will last longer. Also 2m is a generous length if you don't need it to go too far.
on 15 June 2015
Bad build quality for an HDMI cable that is not cheap. After two uses got the dreaded digial pixelation (normally caused by a break/solder joint issue). Amazon basics cable worked fine to the same two devices without red pixel spots randomly appearing.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2014
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2015
I bought 4 cables, they all turned up promptly and were well packaged in mostly recyclable materials so points there.

They feel sturdy and well made and as far as I can tell are working flawlessly, I've had issues with other HDMI leads where things such as the PS4 struggle to initially go into 1080p or struggles to detect the size of the TV properly I've also had issues with sound in the past. Not so with these cables!

One other major selling point is the small and rounded housing on the end of the cable, several of my devices have recessed HDMI ports and other cables have had mouldings too big to fit meaning the cable was useless. No such problems with these!

And at £5 a cable they were a bargain!
on 14 November 2014
The cable itself is quite pliable, not stiff hard plastic like some I have bought, the material feels a decent quality, matt finish. The cable end connectors are firmly attached with no movement on the metal part of the HDMI connector where it extends from the plastic casing. I am using this to connect an HDTV to a high end graphics card in my PC. This cable supplied sound, which my previous cable did not ( a Cablesson cable, poor quality throughout, construction is shabby, it stopped working).
The cable even came in a good quality box, something I wasn't expecting, and only added to the overall feel of a well thought out and presented product. If you need a sensibly priced good quality cable, this is it.
on 22 January 2013
I only recently discovered BlueRigger products when I needed a new DVI-HDMI cable for an old Mac Mini. I was very impressed with the quality of that product and so when I needed to buy new HDMI cables they were at the top of my product search.

I received my cables next day in a simple, easy to open cardboard box. As with the other cables I've bought, the quality and finish of these HDMI cables is surprisingly good with more flexibility than other cables I've used in the past. The the cable is reassuring weighted and the connectors are sturdy and lock snugly into place without any sign of downward drag. I'll definitely be buying more BlueRigger products in the future.
on 14 June 2014
It's a HDMI cable. Either it works or it doesn't. Mine works. End of review!! I would also add that it feels well made in the hand, solid and like it's likely to last a while. But it works as a HDMI cable and I really can't believe that shops like Maplins are still selling HDMI cables for £30-50. I kid you not. It's a cable!! Even if it has 24 ct gold plating on it, it's still just a cable with about 50 pence worth of gold on the connectors. I paid £5 for this which is still pricey for a HDMI cable but will do the same job as a £50 cable. Go figure.

Anyway, this item feels well made and it works. Recommended.