Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 2 April 2012
My Sony laptop has a 4-wire FW400 connector - I'm hoping that backing up to my FW capable ext drives will be a bit, if not a lot faster than using USB2. There are cheaper cables on Amazon but I tend to go for something well made as this cable appears to be. Ordered on my iPhone Saturday aftenoon & arrived Monday by 16:15 after deciding not to spend £24.99 for one in Reading's Apple store!
on 20 June 2013
Not much to say, other than it works on my camcorder perfectly.
Sound and video plus the controls via s/w - FF/RW/Stop/Play.
Good quality, looks likely to be robust and will take a lot of continuous use.
on 24 August 2015
Excellent service - arrived next day with free delivery. Cable seems very well made. Unfortunately Premiere (CS6) crashes when I try to capture HDV to my MacBook Pro via Apple Thunderbolt adaptor which is what I bought it for but as iMovie has no issues with the same setup I guess it's not the cable's fault. I don't like the way iMovie converts that video so I use an old Apple utility called AVCVideoCap which captures the raw transport stream, which Premiere can play.
on 6 September 2010
Had to get a new cable as I got a new MacBook Pro laptop recently and the firewire connection is upgraded from the old iMac G5 (2005) I was using previously (from firewire 400 to 800 I think), so I needed a new cable to connect my new MacBook Pro to my Canon XL1 video camera. This is the cable that does the job very well.

I choose this cable over the others on Amazon as it was listed as a 'Pro' cable and looked quality and I wasn't disappointed (especially with the good price). I am very pleased as this is a really good quality cable (always a worry when ordering cables online). It has a good quality build and nice professional design and silver/steel metallic finish with plastic coating and the connection was really fast with no problems. Similar cables in PC world were £17-£24 so this is a great deal.

Just to confirm, as it took me a while searching for the right cable - this cable fits the firewire for the latest MacBook Pro released in 2010, which is Firewire 800 I believe. So if you've just upgraded your mac and wondered why your cable no longer fits from your firewire connected device, this is the one. :)

I ordered this cable from Neet Cables and it arrived very fast - within days of ordering.
on 25 January 2011
I have bought a couple of different cables from Neet over the last couple of years, all have performed exceedingly well, and have lasted, so they are well made.So when I bought an Imac to supplement my Mac book pro, I was looking for a fire wire cable to connect both computers to enable me to transfer my Mac book Pro hard drive to my newly acquired Imac.
I did a Google search for a fire wire (mentioning Neet cables in the search) and was directed to the Amazon web site and subsequently placed an order - well, at over 60% cheaper than the original so It was a no brainer really given my past experience with their cables...
one word of caution though be careful, there are a few varieties of fire wire cable, depending on your mac and / or mac book pro - make sure you know which one you need - check the apple docs carefully.
Anyway - the cable arrived in good time, around 2 days I recall - eagerly I fired up the IMac , connected the mac book pro in a breeze and within 30 minutes had successfully copied all my data,software and personal details - am I impressed? - absolutely, 5 stars
on 14 February 2015
Worked well !! I used it together with Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adaptor, to connect my Canon MV750i to MacbookPro, then I can use iMovie application to import all my DVs from the cassettes of the past 10 years.

Just the price can be cheaper. However, compared with Apple this price is not too bad.

It has been bothering me for many years how to import the cassate DV to a hair disk in standard video format. Happy in the end. But it should have been much simpler.
on 10 September 2010
Having bought a new iMac I needed to upgrade my firewire cable (from 400 to 800) to get video from camcorder to computer. It took a bit of research to work out what I wanted, and I opted to avoid the very cheapest cables. The NEET one claimed and appeared to be very good quality for a reasonable price. From memory, I ordered it in the evening and the cable arrived the next day - astonishingly fast. I am no techie expert, but I am very happy with the quality of the cable and of the images now on my iMac. A happy customer
on 12 October 2010
This cable works just fine and coils up neatly when not needed. If you want one of these to transfer all your old Mac settings to a new one consider using the Ethernet ports and a standard router cable instead. I found it faster than Firewire 800.
on 26 May 2013
Great cable, well made and well fitted. Possibly the only criticism would be that it's 2m long. While this is clearly posted, I couldn't find any shorter ones anywhere. When you're sitting with the camera next to the computer, a 2m cable is about 5 times too long and frankly gets in the way! Not to worry, the quality of this cable means that you can ignore this minor annoyance.
on 4 November 2014
Coupled with the Thunderbolt adapter it allows me to successfully transfer all footage on my Sony Handycam (DCR- TRV265E) to my Macbook Pro with retina display. I am extremely impressed with this product