5.0 out of 5 stars Tried others but this is still the best.
Published on 2 Jan 2012 by Perry Stalsys

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive
To clean the glass on your log burner, dip a wet cloth in the wood ash and rub the glass clean. Gets all the smoke residue of the glass no matter how black. Saves buying any cleaning stuff
Published 20 months ago by fishheskettpark

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried others but this is still the best., 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: Stovax Stove Fire Glass, Aga, Rayburn & Oven Cleaner Gel 500ml
Bought this from my local wood burner store when I bought my stove. Used it without a problem, 5 minutes and all the marks wipe off. Didn't realise just how good it was until it ran out and I tried alternative products. The sprays run straight off and the foams slump down leaving the top of the glass dry and the bottom thick with the stuff. None of them were as effective and they were not much cheaper either. I have returned to the Stovax Gel and it works a treat. Can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Wanted, 8 Nov 2010
Mrs. P. M. Hicks (Somerset England) - See all my reviews
This product was just what I had been looking for.It is the ideal thing for cleaning my rayburn.It is so easy to use & does the job perfectly.Anyone needing to bring back the shine to an old rayburn could do no better than buy a bottle of Stovax,I would recommend it every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stove Glass Cleaning made easy, 20 Nov 2010
Since I have a Stovax wood burner, I bought their cleaner. It works a treat - only needs applying and leaving for a few minutes and then wiping off. Super easy and the glass is clear

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent glass cleaner, 21 Nov 2011
Prior to buying stovax glass cleaner, i tried everything to remove the soot and tar on the glass. From using ceramic hob cleaner to having more success with WD40 and a glass scraper with lots of elbow grease. Now using stovax glass cleaner it couldn't be any easier.Wearing gloves,i apply the concentrate to the glass,leave for a few minutes,and with the glass scraper it come's of in seconds with ease. i highly recomend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive!, 3 Nov 2011
This is seriously good stuff! I bought it as a result of the reviews and have to say that they are all true and am very happy to recommend to anyone else!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works, 10 Mar 2011
This product is amazing - it gets off the most burned on tar deposits with no need for elbow grease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm!, 18 Nov 2011
I bought this for a rather unconventional use. I had what appeared to be hard water stains on my car's windscreen and despite using several glass polishes, they would not budge. I read on one of the forums that an oven glass cleaner will do the trick, so I bought this.

It certainly did the trick. Applied to the windscreen and left it for 20 minutes before wiping off. Although the wiping off process wasn't as easy (took a while and some elbow grease), the screen was finally clean. So this thing did the job and is therefore recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product!, 18 Oct 2010
this product is really easy and quick to use, i just left it on the window of our log burner for about ten minutes, and i wiped it with a newspaper and the black smoke that was originally there just easily wiped away!i would easily recommend this for anyone who wants the best results for cleaning!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 1 Oct 2012
wonderful product. Took about 5ml and 5 minutes to turn two black fire doors completely clear with no scrubbing. Saves loads of time and a bottle will last for months

5.0 out of 5 stars MIRACLE CLEANER, 1 July 2012
Purchased this stove fire glass cleaner after reading other reviews. I received the product in a very timely manner and with minimal packaging. Our fire insert glass door has been heavily coated with ash residue for over 2 years. It has been frustrating trying differant cleaners (including the expensive one recommended by the manufacturer) to no avail. The ashen build-up was beyond unsightly. I have just finished using the Stovax cleaner and am beyond amazed. The gel is very easy to use, doesn't run and I didn't find the odour at all irritating (definately not as noxious as oven cleaner). I waited the recommended 5 minutes and hoped for the best.
2 years of sooty buildup was wiped away with a few pieces of paper kitchen towel!!! There was no need for scraping, no need for reapplication. I am amazed and delighted with the efficiency of this product. The next time I need to clean the glass I will definately use less of the product... a very light coating would have done the job thus leading me to believe that one bottle would be good for at least 8 applications. I would recommend this product without an ounce of reservation!!!