1,406 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Usb Adaptor
Bought to use with my Laptop as the wireless failed. Can now connect to the in internet in any room in my 16th century cottage with thick walls ( The built in wireless did not work upstairs) Arrived early and well packaged. Also took the adaptor to Spain and used it in my apartment to connect to the wireless network there and it worked fine as well.
Published on 9 Dec 2010 by bournemouth

3.0 out of 5 stars Adding wireless capability
Needed to give old XP desktop wi-fi capability. The TP-link came with good comments. Had a few problems setting up as I did not find the instructions very clear and the installed control program does not allow for enabling or disabling iself except at the installation stage, (allowing windows to take control). Have (I think) got things sorted out by disabling the units...
Published on 7 Jan 2012 by BriML

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Usb Adaptor, 9 Dec 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item at a Bargain price., 26 Jan 2011
Why did I buy this?
I was looking for something to make my old HP desktop PC wireless. I had moved my Post Office Broadband Router to the front room so that I could watch BBC iplayer via my Humax PVR and I did not want to spend nearly 50 on a pair of Homeplug adapters.
I googled for advice and found out about this TP Link TL-WN722N wireless dongle.Did a search and found the cheapest one was available on Amazon at 8.33 inc delivery. ordered Sunday arrived Wednesday.

What was in the box?
The dongle with ariel attached. A very well made and a quality looking item. Mini CD to load driver. About 3 feet of ext cable with male and female USB connectors.
Quick installation instructions.

How easy was it to fit?
Dead easy. Just plugged the supplied USB cable into a spare USB slot and attached the TL-WN722N. Ran the CD to load the driver and then put in the Routers password. Hey presto I was up and running in about 4 minutes. It would have been quicker but I have an old HP PC that I think runs on valves!!

Was it a Good Buy?
Most definatley. I have got a friend to buy one. Do check the other buying options on the Amazon page as I found on the main Amazon page the same one for over 10.

Other notes.
The instructions recommend that you leave the ariel attached as without it you get poor reception.
My router is 3 rooms away from the dongle and I pick up the wirless signal very well. I live in an old house with thick walls.

If you are looking for something cheap and easy to make your PC or old laptop wireless then look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars TL-WN822N, an excellent product, 11 Jan 2013
Easy to install. Ignore the enclosed CD, go straight to the TP-Link site and download the TL-WN822N Version 2 (if your device is a V2) latest driver and utility. (Always a generally good practice).
I'm running the TL-WN822N on three machines with three different versions of Windows 7, including a Windows 64 bit ULTIMATE version.
I'm intrigued at some of the problems reported with Windows 64 bit installation in reviews here, so I suggest that a simple solution could be to run Windows services.msc and just check that ALL the windows services required for a wireless adapter are set to a startup type of Automatic.
Then reboot, and run the TL-WN822N utility.
Will generally solve the problem.
Surfing the net, I've seen some horrific "solutions" suggested.
Try the above, takes just a few moments, and hope it solves your Windows 64 bit problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has stopped me slitting my wrists !!, 5 May 2011
C. Lawes "Cindy Ipswich" (Ipswich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TP-Link TL-WN722NC 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter (Accessory)
Amazing. My computer is in the furthest part of the house from the router and has always been slow. Well, it took less than 5 minutes to plug the adapter in and install the software, and my reception has jumped from 2 bars (fair) to 4 bars (excellent). I have NEVER had a signal like this. So for me .... a great product !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 29 Mar 2011
Recently moved into an old house with thick walls. Existing wireless adaptor couldn't pick up signal so bought the TPLink and it's worked well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, 24 Mar 2011
Purchased this product after moving to a different room where my internal wi-fi adapter had very weak connection and no connection at sometimes. And after using this, I have a great connection with upto 60% improvement and no disconnects. Just had one little problem at the beginning which I blame for the lack of good instruction on the manual.

After installing the drivers, when I tried to connect it to the internet which it was showing fine, it kept saying straight away that the could not connect. I looked all over for help but to no avail. Then I noticed there was something called QSS driver and finally I noticed it in another manual which I downloaded off their site which says to press on the QSS button by the side. Very small button with no indication it is there. After pressing it and putting the password, I had the internet. It was that easy even with the livebox router of orange.

One thing the manufacturers could improve could be the light signals that flashes to notify the user which sadly right now confuses rather then helps.

All in all, money well spent on a good piece of equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says it should., 25 Nov 2010
This worked exactly as described on my system running windows Vista.
No issues with installation, device recognised straight away and has worked flawlessly since it was installed.
I replaced my main G standard modem router for a Belkin N standard modem router and needed an efficient device for my computer which is at the opposite end of the house and upstairs. On the G standard it barely registered 1 bar but with this device I see 4 bars consistently. I did add a 2m USB cable extension to allow me to raise it higher than the PC which gave it an extra bar. Probably some advantage to the twin antenna's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with Windows 7 64 bit., 18 Sep 2011
Working very well with Windows 7 64 bit in the top floor (loft room) with the rooter in the ground floor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Wireless USB Adapter, 12 Mar 2011
This allowed a desktop to connect to a wireless network in an old building with very thick walls. The signal was too weak to be received by any other adapter I tried.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid at 300Mbps, 18 Oct 2010
Rajive Aggarwal (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Simply plug in, install the driver and it works. Managed to get a rock solid 300Mbps to my router which is approx 10m away and in another room.

Be aware though, that even though the wifi connection is 300Mbps, I cannot get more than about 30Mbps actual data throughput when copying large files across the network - I suspect this may be a limitation if the USB2 interface, hence the 4 stars and not 5.

Also, if you are used to the normal USB dongles, then the size of this device may be a surprise - bit bigger than I had anticipated, but the twin antenna certainly help with getting a solid connection.