on 24 August 2010
I was hoping for really useful information that I wouldn't be able to figure out myself by browsing the site.

"Written by Americans for the hard of thinking."

I'm not impressed as page after page states the bleedin' obvious.

My advice: Go to Alibaba, use your common sense and have a dabble, ask questions and take the plunge. Start small and suss out your suppliers, get friendly with them and have fun.

Anyone who needs this book (I don't mean anyone who "Thinks" they need this book, that was me) shouldn't be in business. It is simplified, patronising and a very dull read.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
on 29 August 2011
This book has a lot of basic information about Alibaba.com and if you are new to the website, it will help you gain some good insight. You can learn these by practically using the site, but the book is not a bad investment if you are looking to start using alibaba. It is however a bit monotonous to read.
on 12 February 2014
I know the book is from 2009 but it really gives a good insight to the alibaba universe and how you put alibaba to work for you. really good reading.
The forewords is written by Jack Ma and I thought it was really inspiring.

But of course you have to chek up upon whats new but this is a really good start.