5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Works of Gene Stratton-Porter (Kindle Edition)
I love Gene Stratton-Porter even though she can be a rather sentimental writer. One of my all time favourite books is Laddie and that has been out of print for years. I was delighted to see it in this compilation and it was my main reason for buying it. Based on her own life growing up on a farm, it is the freshest, most believable of her novels with characters you grow to love. A wonderful portrayal of family life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 6 Feb. 2014
Amazon Customer (Buckinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Works of Gene Stratton-Porter (Kindle Edition)
This collection of works by Gene Stratton-Porter has transported me into another (much better) world. I read 'A Girl of the Limberlost' while at boarding school, and it made a lasting impression. Forty five years later, I decided to look for her other books and found this collection. Yes they are old-fashioned, given that they were written at the beginning of the last century, but that is not a problem. They are heart-warming stories, and also so well written that I have found it difficult to get anything else done while working my way through them. I have especially enjoyed 'Daughter of the Land', 'The Harvester' and 'Laddie'..The setting of the books in the Limberlost of Indiana, is so well described that I feel as if I have actually been there. Almost a life-changing experience reading these books.

4.0 out of 5 stars My mum's old favourite, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Works of Gene Stratton-Porter (Kindle Edition)
My mum had and enjoyed this book many years ago. I read hers a couple of times but it got thrown out and mum moved on to higher places and I never thought I'd find it again. I love the simple life, the old fashioned way of doing things and it's hard to say how, but it was so refreshing following a lot of the American crime I normally read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Treasure Trove, 7 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Works of Gene Stratton-Porter (Kindle Edition)
I bought this for my mother (approaching 88) who has been nagging me to find books by Stratton-Porter. She has taken to Kindle very well, and is working her way through this compendium with pleasure - memories of her youth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well woth reading, 15 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Works of Gene Stratton-Porter (Kindle Edition)
Again an excellent work that describes the life and activities of Gene Stratton-Porter. it clearly explains how her personal experiences enabled her to write such wonderful books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic Read, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Works of Gene Stratton-Porter (Kindle Edition)
This took me back to my teen years. I had forgotten how good people are in these books. Almost nauseatingly so. And the baddies die!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gene Stratton -Porter en bloc., 3 April 2014
This review is from: Works of Gene Stratton-Porter (Kindle Edition)
marathon read haven't finished it yet, Enjoyed most of the stories so far.. Not so keen on the moralising and bible quotes.

Works of Gene Stratton-Porter