5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little portable gadget!!!, 16 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Polaroid PoGo Digital Photo Printer with Zero Ink (Zink) Technology - RED (Electronics)
This little polaroid is simply superb!!! I received it 5 days after buying and it was packaged well! Everything was there and even shrink wrapped. The instructions are simple and easy to understand. It also comes with the manufacturer's warranty, a UK plug plus a european/western plug if you want to bring it with you while travelling which is convenient. It's easy to set up really.... First of all you connect the charger to the printer and wait a couple of minutes then you will see an orange blinking light right next to the power button. That means its charging already and even though it's still charging, you can use it already! So I turned the PoGo on, got my mobile phone, searched for the printer using bluetooth and paired it together! Take note that the code for this printer will always be 6000 to be able to pair it with your phone and also this printer is not, I repeat, is NOT compatible with any iPhone generation!!! Apple just didn't create a bluetooth in their device for this kind of things which sucks I know cause a lot of you are probably modern now therefore you'd own an iPhone but I'm afraid it is not compatible with the Polaroid Pogo Printer. I've tried it with a Samsung, Nokia, LG and Sony Ericsson phones and I can assure you, it really works! Anyways after pairing it together, I then opened the packet of Zink papers (already included with the printer) which contains 10 sheets plus a blue card. Now this card is VERY important as the printer won't print anything without it! Now you have to put it with the Black print and barcode facing down then put the 10 sheets of zink papers with the shiny part facing the mirror that can be seen when the printer is opened. After a few seconds you will hear a whirring sound but do not panic because you'll see that the blue sheet is coming out which means that the printer is now ready to use. So I then chose a picture, sent it to my Pogo through bluetooth and Voila! The photo started to come out. It takes less than a minute for the printer to accept the image and print it. When the picture came out, It wasn't professional looking but hey, its' quality is great enough for a compact little printer like that and for it's price, I'm telling you, It's worth it :) I now have two black and one red Polaroid Pogo Printer. By the way, even though it says on the Zink Papers that they're expired, they can still be used and it still works. The Manufacturers just put an expiry date on it because it's meant to be consumable but I have 140 sheets of zink paper which were expired last 2008 but they still work just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun & great value... sometimes, 17 Dec. 2010
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Great little device. I bought it for my girlfriend for Christmas as she's one of these 'photo' people - constantly snapping away at her friends on nights out with her iphone.

Here in lies the problem though - although it isn't insurmountable. This device does not work with the iphone - at least not in the cordless blutooth way it was designed. But with a little help from the trusty desktop computer and laptop she's able to use it still - so no biggy. I didn't really expect her to take it out down the disco and start printing out shot there and then; that would have just been weird.

Using my phone the device connected easily via blutooth and I was printing away quite happily within minutes. The inkless technology makes it a doddle to to use and maintain, with the only real maintenance you have to worry about is cleaning the printer heads once in a while, which is easy enough; all you do is pass one of the sheets of photo paper through the machine back to front - done.

The prints themselves aren't exactly 'Jessops' quality but they're more than acceptable, and the fact that they have a sticky back means she (the missus) can make use of any old scrap book as a photo album and make all the girlie photo book she wants. All in all, for £17, I think this is a great little stocking filler.

The device is well made, and constructed out of metal not cheap plastic - it's easy to use and load with new paper but if you want to use it with your digital camera or compact, you will need to check that your model has something called 'Pictabridge'. Alternatively just visit the Polaroid website for a list of compatible cameras and phones. That's just about all the main points covered... except for the price.

Warning: shop around though you can pay anything up to £100 for these, so make sure you don't. Plus they come in a range of colours too. Black, red and girlie hot pink - which needless to say - is the colour I got her. You might have guessed: she's that type of gal.

To sum up:
Prints directly from cameras and mobile phones (some - check polaroid website for compatibility with your model)
2x3 inch borderless, colour, sticky back prints.
smudge proof, water resistant, tear resistant shots.
No ink, no hassle, no extra costs.
Prints in about 60 seconds
Rechargeable lithium-ion battery

Included with printer:
AC adapter
10 sheets of printing photo paper

If this review was helpful to you at all, please give it the thumbs up - and if not, comment on why so I can do a better job for you next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, 15 Oct. 2010
W. Thompson "Akard Ryver" (Somerset) - See all my reviews
This is the fourth one I have bought. I started off with just the one for myself and was so pleased that I decided to buy another three for Christmas presents for the family. The one I bought for myself works well and I am pleased with the results. For its size its well made robust and quite weighty. It was easy to set up and if you need to use it straight away just plug in the mains charger and away you go. The red one does look really snazzy against the black ones.