5.0 out of 5 stars a little star in the making
I just love this boy's voice it's so easy to listen too. I look forward to his first album and hope all this Simon Cowell rubbish has gone away by then. He deserves a chance after all the flack at Christmas he isn't to blame for Mr Cowells antics
Published on 20 Jan 2010 by 60's girl

2.0 out of 5 stars A cover
I don't actually think it's that a bad song, I mean it is incredibly cheesy, but actually not terrible. But for heavens sake - it's a cover of a song that was released this year! Miley Cyrus did it for Hannah Montana the movie. Wiki it. I listened to both versions and I do prefer Joe's voice but he doesn't really add anything to the song, he sings it in exactly the same...
Published on 20 Dec 2009 by darkfrankhs

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorry seem to be the hardest word., 18 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Download)
I do feel sorry for Joe. I have to agree with Simon. He was sort of being victimised in this "mean" internet campaign to get RAGE to be the xmas no. 1. Look at the mean things people wrote about Joe? I mean come on he's only 18. A guy who wanted to have a go at singing as a career. And he isn't a bad singer. Neither is this a bad song. So what did supporters of the campaign do? They rate this song badly. And you noticed, some comments were actually targetting Joe instead of X-factor itself. So what if Joe haven't heard this song? Given the fact that he is probably only 1 yr old when the song was released, can you really blame him? I wish Joe all the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a worthy winner!, 14 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Download)
This is bound to be No.1 for Christmas! Joe is great and this song is perfect for him, beautiful vocals. Downloaded this as soon as I could! Love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 14 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Download)
So, X Factor pull out another cover! I actually prefer the Miley version, even though Joe clearly has the better voice. I think it's the production that's at fault to be honest. Probably cobbled together fast, in the knowledge that it will make Christmas number 1 regardless. I don't begrudge the 29p I paid for this version, but I look forward a lot more to his own album. Well done, Joe!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is awesome!, 17 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Download)
This track is fabulous. You could feel the good vibes listening to the track. It give me Goose bumps, a true story of a 18 year old who climb to victory.Joe's voice has depth and express different emotions too well. I really enjoyed. I strongly recommend this track to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 13 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Download)
I haven't really heard Miley Cyrus' original version. But i like his voice and i think it suits this song. And i like this song and i know this review probably isn't very helpful...maybe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill Song, 15 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Download)
I think this song is brill and everyone should but this and not the rage against the machine as this boy deserves for his dreams to come true

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Song. Shame about the haters. It's all in the lyrics, 16 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Download)
OK, people think it's bland, OK. But have people actually read the lyrics?

I can almost see it
Got to keep my head held high

Sometimes I'm going to have to lose,

The struggles I'm facing,
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes they might knock me down but
No I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm going to remember most yeah
Just got to keep going
And I,
I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on,
cause

Sometimes I'm going to have to lose,

Always going to be an uphill battle,
Somebody's you're going to have to lose,

Keep on moving
Keep the faith
Keep your faith
Whoaaa Ohwaoooh

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you know about dreaming dreams, you have to fight for it to come true. There's a dream I want, but I believe it will come true,

I can almost see it
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking but I
Got to keep trying
Got to keep my head held high

Basically, saying I can alomost see it. No matter what happens, you have to plough until it comes true. Who cares if it's a cover, I believe it's all in the lyrics. Unless people want to be negative

5.0 out of 5 stars Geordie Style, 16 Dec 2009
Mr. Aaron Wilson (Jarrow, Newcastle) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Download)
Brilliant song choice, better than Miley Cyrus version.

Come on Joe son do it for the GEORDIES!

Geordies taking over the world man!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the Rage hate fest!, 19 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Download)
I'm going to be honest with this review, and acknowledge the hate tirade that came from those that came before.

Firstly, no, this isn't the best song that could have been chosen for the X Factor winner. However Joe sings it with heart in a way that makes it good, he hits the high notes so well and was a deserved winner. From all the newspaper accounts and links with Disney he will do very well, number one or not.

The whole campaign with RATM is uncalled for. The fact it only reached I think 25 in the charts when it was originally released says enough about how "great" the song is. There is also a cruel irony in those saying X Factor hijacks the number one spot, the only reason that record will even come close is due to a vicious campaign by crybaby rock fans buying many copies of a record that noone cared for before now.

Christmas is a time when feel good songs are what people want to hear, and whether you like X Factor or not it does produce modestly good stars singing decent songs. The words "**** you I wint do what you tell me" as can be heard by RATM aren't in any good spirit. Joes song is a song about trials and hope, a song that makes you feel good inside, it sounds brilliant and hopefully will reach 1.

Rage against the bandwagon, buy The Climb :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Download)
First things first who the hell are you to call peoples taste in music and to tell them to buy ratm over this?? Nobody thats who!!

Secondly i love this version his voice is soooo soothing and Joe simply blows it out of the water.

Bought it off itunes and im sure gonna buy the cd too, nobodys telling me what i like and what i don't.

I hope people buy Joe MclElderry The CLimb to show these hypocrites that people will not be told what music to like and what to and what not to buy.

The Climb